Trailer Trash

Winter's round the corner Thursdaily (Read 20 times)

runtraildc

Still another day of overcast, with a possibility of rain. Have had lots of these this month. However, I do feel we've rounded the corner as far as winter goes. Days are a little longer and we've had a couple of warm days here and I saw the usual daffodil buds poking thru the ground. That's my late January sign that winter will be over in about a month.  January is my least favorite month.

So running. Yesterday was a bust. I went out, gorgeous day, and I quit a half mile down the trail.  Just wasn't feeling it and the legs were like dead weights. I rarely quit a run, and yesterday was that day.  Did do yoga, of course.

qotd:  Weekend plans? Our weekend starts tomorrow as school is out and kiddo #1 has a makeup swim meet, plus another one on Saturday. Then both have their club meet Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Yes, lots of swimming. but for some of this, we'll be at the pool with the good trails.

LB2

DC: It has been a long time since I quit on a run, but I have done the same thing. Sometimes you just don't feel it. But I have had lots of runs where I thought about turning around only to have the run turn around about 2 miles into it. You never know.

I'll run a 6 mile loop after work. I thought about running twice today, but there is no point right now. I'll have my highest mileage month in a year this month at about 140 miles. That should tell you how my running was last year. It sure feels great to be back in a good groove. I guess I was semi-burned out and had too much going on last year.

QOTD: I'll run a 10 mile run on Saturday and another on Sunday. I think I'll expand those to 15's in February.

LB2

muppy

Got in 7.1 trail miles last night and a quick trip to the gym for some weights.

QOTD I won tickets to the PA auto show so I'll go with my dad and son on Saturday. Sunday I'll be working.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a nice 4.5 last night.

DC - While it hasn't been a dry winter, it's been warm enough for mostly rain.  But I fear a big snow storm on the horizon like last year's 2+ feet of snow in one day.  Not a prediction, just a thought that it's going to happen.  Hope I am wrong. Oh and no worries on quitting a run.  If you don't feel it, go back another day.

Muppy - enjoy the auto show!

QOTD: Basketball games which take up most of Saturday.  DS2 b-day is today so we will probably do something for him after the games.  I also want to start priming our basement.  The drywall is up and finished.  Need to clean a bit, prime and paint before we install the floor (which we do not have picked out yet ).  Just another busy weekend for me.  And hopefully a little bit of running thrown in.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Yesterday's run sucked for me too. After the eye Doctor we stopped at Wendy's and I got a chili and baked potato. Went for a run about three hours later and just felt like I had a lump in my stomach and the legs weighed a 100 lbs each. Time was actually pretty good. Should have drank a protein shake after coming back but just ate a small snack and went floor shopping.  Came home from that feeling a little like I do during my long runs, just like I need to belch and bloating.  It wasn't as bad as after a long race but it spoiled my plans for a second workout on the trainer.  I think it came from my stomach actually getting too empty. Once that happens then I can't eat or drink right and it just goes downhill from there.

I wanted to go up on the mountain today for 10+ miles but the flooring guy is coming sometime to measure the room so I can't do that. Now the wind just picked up and I just saw a couple of gusts hit 26 mph so it's probably best to stay out of the woods. Workout today will depend on the wind. I wanted to run again and do a trainer session but I hate running in the wind so It might be an elliptical and trainer day for me.

Runtrail - Enjoy the kiddo's events. I really miss the soccer and basketball games now that my son isn't playing anymore.

QOTD: Work . I hate working . Actually I shouldn't complain. My schedule changed again. I had been working  Mon and Tues nights then Fri, Sat, Sun nights, followed by Wed and Thurs nights the following week. Now I'm working a 24 on Mon and a 24 on Sat which gives me a nice stretch off during the week, unless I work at one of my part time jobs. Still have to do my Wed and Thurs nights.  It's going to be pretty nice again.

QOTD 2: Does anyone have any idea what ever happened to TrailTromper and Marley?  Haven't heard from them in a long time.

AT-runner

Tim

Warm day here and I was already in the woods before winds started.  Trees were creeking and small branches dropping.  On my way back I had to jump over a tree that wasn't down on my way out.  I never heard it, so maybe it's true,  they don't make a sound if no one is around.  Glad to get back to car safe and relatively sound.

Dc- happens to me once in a while.  Usually when too much is going.  Probably shouldn't have even laced up the shoes in the first place on days like that.

Messaged TT a while back.  He's still making his dulcimers but was fighting leg issues.

QOTD: Funeral for a 55 year old friend on Saturday. Found out he had cancer in December and lived only 4 weeks.  Long run Sunday.  Enjoy life while you can.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

We are very much still in the grips of Winter; we are on pace to set the coldest January on record. Our average temperature for the month is 10.3    I think we have already broken the record for the most days of below zero temps.

Got 5-ish in yesterday evening, going to shoot for the same this evening. Supposed to be a balmy 20 today   

qotd: we're supposed to be in the 30's this weekend, if true I'm going to try and get a 15-20 mile run/snowshoe in. I haven't ran over 12 miles in a couple of months. 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

8 miles today on the road at lunch time. Into town and back. Somewhat mild temps but gusty winds. Decent enough run though.

I noticed yesterday there was still some light past 5:30pm, so yeah the daylight corner is definitely turning.

QOTD: I need to get in a "long" run Saturday or Sunday, plus a 8-10 miler. Also some minor annoying maintenance stuff around the house.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

QOTD:  A long run hahahahahahah and stacking wood.

DD:  If I don't eat when hunger I get sick from it too.  It's like my stomach locks down and I can't eat a thing.  Sometimes a drink helps it relax but mostly it's going to bed and sleeping.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄