Trailer Trash

Outta Luck Weekender (Read 20 times)

Sandy-2

No love for me in the HR lottery. Pretty bummed.  As I said though, a 33% chance for me is not enough considering my track record with lotteries and games of chance.

I did do 7 easy miles this morning. Perfect weather.

qotd: I got nothin'

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Sorry Sandy. I was not in WS lottery this year, but never had luck with it. Missed 4 or 5 years in a row, 7 in total I think. Never was picked in the MMT lottery either in 3 tries but made it in twice via wait list. Not so lucky with lotteries.

Nice crisp calm day here. 5 miles late morning on the trails of Coventry Woods. Decent run for me these days. I'm timing runs again and while slow not as slow as I have been guestimating the past few weeks. One of those good runs today, not too creaky. I think I just need to stagger in more days off these days, which is hard for me.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Minimal running for me today-- just logged a couple of miles taking the long way to the liquor store to get a bottle of wine. Coincided with the moonrise, and that was pretty spectacular. Tomorrow is the supermoon so I'm hopeful for a clear night.

Sandy, maybe you need to have DD sign you up for  races/lotteries? Seems she has a knack for getting you in.

qotd: nope, nothing either

moonlightrunner

Waiting for my friend to arrive at the trailhead. Beautiful morning, beautiful moon. It will be my first run with someone in a long time. Kinda stressful.

I opened everyone has a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Took off yesterday to play hide and seek with the whitetails. They won.  They have better noses then I do, or I stink more then they do .

No run, again. None today.  I was supposed to be off today as well and only working tonight but one of the other people needed off so I switched shifts with them.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

sorry Sandy

DD, Tiny E and I got 9 miles last night on the Helena Ridge trail- was hoping for an appearance of the full moon, just too cloudy- still a great hike 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Sandy, sounds like you have my luck with lotteries.  The only one I ever did well on was the Mt. Washington Road Race. I got in on my first try.

Nice run in the woods today with no chance of getting shot. Saw a lot of cars at various trail heads, so looks like hikers / runners / MTB'ers were out enjoying a day without the hunters.

Warden - don't lose Tiny E in the dark. He's be hard to find.

Did you guys see Coutney Dauwalter ran 159.3 miles yesterday to set Women's American 24hr record (world record is 161.55). What a year she's having.

QOTD: Yes, very often.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

check 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I did an easy/tapering 5 mi this morning.  Warmish and muggy this morning, but we are supposed to have perfect weather next weekend for my loop-de-loop race; lows of about 40 and highs of about 65, calm winds and less humidity.

Thanks for commiserating with my 4 straight years of Hardrock lottery hard luck. DC, you are so right about my DD!!!  So now I need to run another qualifier for my next two entries.  So...... I just signed up for The Bear, Sept 28, 2018.

MT, that glowing red is kinda like Rudolf the reindeer, only a little different.

qotd: I still got nothin'.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

11 this morning...goal was 15 but when the DH asked if I wanted some whiskey with my ice cream I should have said no!  Chilly, 33 and damp from the rain last night.  Just a dusting of snow on our run.  We planned an out and back but took a trail I have never been on...was thinking it might make us below 15 or it could of been more.  Once we circled back I was in no mood to add 4 miles.

Qotd:  Rarely and people who do are sick!!!!

Sorry Sandy, no wait list?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄