Trailer Trash

it's not quite Friday, Thursdaily (Read 15 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all!  Up at the crack of dawn (actually an hour before) armed with headlamp and got 5-ish miles in- plenty of deer around glowing eyes back to me, fortunately no long wagging tail!

qotd: Should we try and get a Trailer Trash run together next year- something grand like a R2R2R or the like?  I realize everyone wouldn't be able to make it, but with enough lead time maybe we could get several folks.  Have some time before and after to just sit around a campfire and drink a few beers and bs.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

I like beer and camp fires.

just so ya know

took a rest day, can't really call it scheduled because I have no schedule, I make this shit up as I go. It's a wonder I ever make it to the starting line.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Another 5 around the hood this morning.  I feel good but just overall tired.  Not sure if my legs are tired and/or a lack of sleep still catching up to me.  Overall though I am doing well.  I got to get serious about OC.

QOTD: a Trailer Trash R2R2R would be great! It is definitely on my list to do but just not sure I can swing it for next year.  DW knows I want to do it but in her mind she probably thinks 10-15 yrs down the road when the kids are are grown.  But I will consider, and consider hard.  Assuming you are talking fall of next year right?

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Just ready to head out. Was going to get out early but got a call from the office that they smelled propane, so had to run in and check it out.  Had a leak that I couldn't find, so delivery company came out to find it. The office smells like a dead mouse right now, so glad I was leaving.

QOTD:  Fall is best for me. I'm down with beer, bs and campfire, we don't even have to run.

You could plan a nice Montana adventure for us since you keep making us jealous with your pictures.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Morning trailers.  Pulled a Queen last night -- went into my yard and saw all the work that needed to get done, and did that instead of running.  I went this morning as penance-- mid 80s for temps and similar for humidity levels.  I thought it would be nicer out, and was I wrong!  And I use the term 'run' very loosely. Foot is ok, trying to ice it at the moment.  More than anything, I'm curious to see if it helps (but doubtful).

qtod: I've long wanted to do a R2R.  How far in advance do you need to plan?  And Montana is nice, too.  Doesn't the person who suggests, hosts?

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'd certainly volunteer Montana as a possible location- I have several very scenic routes that range from 20-30 miles. A couple are in Glacier National Park, that isn't too shabby of a location for a get together.

Fall ll is fine with me; probably September for Montana, probably later if we consider the Grand Canyon ( can still be pretty hot).

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Nothing again. I am having some issues with laziness.

QOTD: Fall would be tough for me. We are actually going to Colorado next June, come Hell or high water. So, if anyone wants to run the UD Dirty 30, you will see me there.

LB2

muppy

6.3 miles on the horseshoe trail for me.

QOTD Montana would be nice!

AT-runner

Tim

Morning trailers.  Pulled a Queen last night -- went into my yard and saw all the work that needed to get done, and did that instead of running. 

I thought this would be about drinking too much and waking up with a hangover. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I thought this would be about drinking too much and waking up with a hangover. 

Geez I was thinking something else all together 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Did a lot of running today.  Ran to a bike shop about 30 miles away to get a new cyclocross frame, ran over to the welding shop to get some stuff to set up my welder for MIG welding, ran to the running store for new socks and orthodics,  ran to Lowes for a jack they said they had then didn't . Now it's off to another bike shop to try to sell DS's old bike. Of course it's all in the vehicle and til I get done it will be time to get ready for work.  I don't see a real run in my future today especially since we may be getting some hard storms here in a little bit.

QOTD:  I was going to try a R2R2R next year so I might be up for that. We have relatives in Texas that we want to visit so that might work out.  Montana in the fall could also be worked out. We'd just go to Texas in the spring then plan a Montana vacation in the fall.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

6.6 this morning...with the mutts...warm...going to be hot...1/2 hour late for work... who gives a shit at this point. 

Spotted 2 things of interest....

first was what looked like a sprinkler in the middle of no where.  I was like cool under ground water is blowing out of the ground in a fine mist.  When I got closer it was a old pipe with a pin hole in it.  Now I have seen this pipe before and thought it was left over from mining days, the fact that water is going through it especially this time of year is strange.  There are some water towers up the hill from there but where is the water going???

second came over a hill and saw an animal rolling around...first thought its a black cat, second thought...I hope it's not that skunk I have been seeing there...and then it suddenly flew away..it was a hawk!! And another hawk came out of the woods...what was he doing???

QOTD:  Yes...after reading your crazy mt run story I was thinking you should host a run.    As gator says..I like beer and campfires...and trail running.  Although R2R2R is not on my list...I would add it if we do a run.

Gator:  Love your attitude.

runtraildc:  Saw pulled a Queen and couldn't wait to hear the crewgar story.   chores!!! how boring...

AT:  I haven't had a hangover since last Thursday!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

6 miles on Echo Mt. You have got to start early.

qotd  sounds fun. We could put together a Smokey Mt Relay team. There is a 50k in sept @ Dupont Forest.

dpc3

Easy 4 with the pup this morning, getting my legs back finally.

QOTD: I'd be interested but my fall is getting crazy with work trips to Idaho twice, Colorado, Minnesota, possibly Iceland and Javelina Jundred. That being said tying work trips into extracurricular activities is doable.

Sandy-2

Well it's official, bit the bullet and signed up for Grindstone.

I plan to do 5 mi after work today because I slept in this morning.

Geez I was thinking something else all together 

I have to admit, I was thinking something else all together too. . .   especially with all this talk of cougars and key parties.

qotd: R2R2R or Montana (but especially the beers) sound good to me.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL