Trailer Trash

Foggy Fridailies (Read 25 times)

Sandy-2

5 miles this morning. I have a head cold so it was kinda blah, hoping I'd blow it out, but it didn't really work.

Today DD is graduating from college, she is the only one wearing pink sneakers!

qotd: kinda long.

tbd.

LB2

QOTD: I use 4" inseam shorts. Unless, of course, I'm doing leg lifts in the local park-then I

use the 2" inseam with split sides.

HAHAHAHAHA. Good one.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

It was a wonderful morning, and I was up at 3:30 a.m. - unfortunately because I had to start work early today.

I ran one of my favorite, yet (due to long access drive) not often used trail loops yesterday, 14 miles with 3000+ ft elevation gain. The first part went well, then something must have happened. I felt terribly fatigued and weak, although I had enough to eat and drink with me and was taking sips regularly. I also got the chills badly, even though temps were in the mid-80's by then.

Long run made short: I walked a lot, and when I came back to the car, some weird pain on the the side of my chest started. After driving home, it was so bad that I could barely walk and had trouble breathing. The pain was on the "outside" of the rib cage, right underneath the ribs, not deep in the middle of the chest.

Took my temp and realized I had a light fever. Saw the doc later in the day who thinks it might be pleurisy, but probably not pneumonia (I am not so sure, as I've had a cough for almost a week before, just could not cough at the doc's office because it hurt so badly). They couldn't take X-rays yesterday, and I did not want to go to the ER, I just thought I'd wait it out unless it got worse. So I'm on steroids now (literally), and with enough Tylenol, the pain is manageable.

Things are improving, and I'm just disappointed that I'm missing a wonderful day for a nice run today, but I think a rest day is necessary, until I won't feel pain any more.

I just hope it's really not pneumonia, because it takes so long to recover from that stuff again, and I'm in a hurry to crank up my training a notch.

QOTD: I always refused to wear a running skirt, I thought there's hardly anything that could top such sillyness.

But then I got one, and I'm quite happy with it. It is comfortable and looks good. Only in rain, when the skirt is sogging wet, I notice this "extra fabric" of the skirt, which is then uncomfortable and hindering. Otherwise, it does not make any difference to me whether I'm wearing a skirt or shorts.

Actually, I'm tempted to try a running dress this season. 

Run for fun.