Trailer Trash

Winter like Wednesday (Read 33 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ok it just turned to Autumn but early mornings are feeling like winter.  I am not complaining, I actually like it.  I got in 1:27 of slow running or something before sunrise.

QOTD: Have you ever had trouble sleeping and ended up just going for a run? Or has this ever crossed your mind? Or have you sacrificed sleep in order to run? (or any variation of this question you want to answer)

I sacrifice sleep when I get up early.  But the extra 1-2 hours doesn't usually help me any.  My morning runs feel like a cup of coffee to most - they wake me up.  Once maybe twice a week I do stay in bed though.  Never have gotten out of bed to run because I couldn't sleep but thought about twice in the last week.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

we must have been typing at the same time Smile  had a very wet run yesterday afternoon, heavy rain and a little on the cool side- low 40's, but I survived, we're under a Winter Weather advisory today- will be running this afternoon regardless for an hour-ish

qotd: when I get up at 4:30 am to beat the heat, I'm sacrificing some sleep- although I try to get to bed a little earlier- worth it though Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

I had a great road run this morning. Just getting the legs out to keep them moving before the race. I don't think I've ever felt better before a 100 miler.

QOTD: I don't usually run at night unless there's a buckle waiting for me at the end, but I do get up at 3:30 every morning to start my run, so I definitely sacrifice sleep.

Birdwell

Morning folks! I got up this morning to turn my alarm off and go run, but I guess I forgot to turn off the bed magnet. I found myself still in bed an hour later. I'll get out and run after work today.

QOTD: I have been getting up at 5 a.m. to go run, so I lose a little there.

I've thought about running when I can't sleep, I've logged 8000 miles that way so far this year.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning, Everybody,

Heading out for a morning run in the cold. I hope it will warm up while I'm out there, chances are good for this to happen.

Our oldest DD is coming for a visit today, and we are all looking forward to seeing her again.

Jamie: Sounds like a wonderful early morning run.

warden: I hope your run later in the rain will still be a lot of fun!

lace: I hope this is a good sign for the upcoming race.

Birdwell: That bed magnet is just evil. Have fun on a run later!

QOTD: Both. I'm quick to sacrifice sleep, and usually this does not have any ill effects on me. Just recently, this has not done me any good, and I somehow seem to be catching up on sleep which I probably haven't even lost yet.

Going for a run when I can't sleep has led me into a few fun night runs, and I especially love running "into the sunrise"! Without an early morning run, I often feel sluggish and tired all day long, so the run makes me feel better than an extra hour of sleep!

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

You people and starting multiple dailies!  You actually want me to moderate this place!  Angry

I biked to work Monday and Tuesday.  I plan on running with Bella tonight.  Mileage, as always, is determined by my stupid leg.

QOTD: No.  Weirdos.  Well, I mean, I've sacrificed tons of sleep to run, but if I can't sleep and it's 4am, no, I don't think about crawling out of bed to go for a run.  I am not a morning runner.

Running is dumb.

jonferg67

Endless trails

This is a timely thread, I had about 2 hours of insomnia last night  and really thought

hard about going back to sleep at 5:30. But I dragged my ass out for a nice 6 miler on

a different route, even had a few little hills. Morning temps were 40-45,  not cold enough

for any extra gear like gloves but cool enough to get my attention. 

QOTD: I have trouble sleeping when I feel stress about something, right now it's

about my job and the dysfunctional behavior with staff that I need to work on changing.

I get up early to run but I don't sacrifice sleep, I'm asleep by 9:30 most of the time. 

Damn; lace: 3:30? Your dedicated!

Low_O2

Howdy folks!

Not sure when I last posted, but I hardly feel like a runner at all lately. Haven't run in over a week, but going to try to get out the door this afternoon for a few miles. The cool fall air has arrived so should be great running weather for a while.

The last week and a half has been a crazy whirlwind.... Started with our yard getting destroyed by a flash flood. Woke up to a small lake in our yard with over a foot of sand covering everything and retaining walls knocked down. I was already struggling to find time to prepare for my upcoming elk hunt and now had to deal with a major landscaping project. Found somebody to haul away the sand the night I was supposed to be heading out for my hunt. Got a late start, didn't sleep all night and arrowed a nice big Bull elk right away in the morning. Spent all day getting the meat back to my truck and headed home not having slept for over 36 hours. (good 100 miler training I think!) Been processing elk meat since and now have an freezer that is bursting at the seams with fresh deer and elk meat. So if anybody wants to stop by and grab some meat I have plenty. Big grin

Now I'm hoping to return to my life as a runner since my major hunts are over for the fall.

QOTD: I usually get up pretty early on the weekends to get my runs in, but other than that don't lose much sleep over it. I have considered heading out for a late night long run through the mountains on occasion but haven't done it yet.

runtraildc

Morning, trailers!

Got in another 3 mile 'instant' run in this morning.  I'm trying to get back into the practice of morning running, and a short run makes it mentally easier to motivate me out of bed.  I can add mileage back once I'm in the pattern.   I also did not get in last night's planned run since I got sucked into watching the day's races of the America's Cup.  Anyone else watching?  Even if you're not a sailing fan, this series is the race to watch with the americans making the comeback of the century.  Today's the last race and it'll be a nail biter...

Hope to get another few miles in later, once I get to my travel destination.

Sandy-- I also need to catch up on my nightline watching.  Please post the link when you have the chance!

Couch--   I cannot fathom my kids living away from home, yet, and having only visits.  Enjoy!

qotd:  My insomnia usually happens around 2 am and I'm not heading out the door for a run around town at that hour.   I'll sacrifice an hour for running, but not much more.  I need my sleep, especially because of running.

runtraildc

Howdy folks!

Been processing elk meat since and now have an freezer that is bursting at the seams with fresh deer and elk meat. So if anybody wants to stop by and grab some meat I have plenty. Big grin

I'll stop by after work with my cooler.  Big grin

LB2

Howdy folks!

Got a late start, didn't sleep all night and arrowed a nice big Bull elk right away in the morning. Spent all day getting the meat back to my truck and headed home not having slept for over 36 hours. (good 100 miler training I think!) Been processing elk meat since and now have an freezer that is bursting at the seams with fresh deer and elk meat. So if anybody wants to stop by and grab some meat I have plenty. Big grin

How nice of a bull was it? Congratulations.

My dad is in Montana right now; the passed on a cow last week. He killed a nice 5x5 last year up there with his bow. He was a really nice bull, but not a huge one. Hoping they get one today or tomorrow...

LB2

LB2

Oh yeah. I'll run about 5 or so this evening. I am hoping that October 1st I can get my act together and start getting some better mileage in. This year has slipped away from me...

QOTD: I have only gone for a run because I couldn't sleep a few times. But I know that if I do get up and run, I won't be able to go to sleep. I can't  sleep for hours after a run.

LB2

Low_O2

dc - I'll be waiting. Don't think my wife is as excited as I am to have so much venison...

How nice of a bull was it? Congratulations.

My dad is in Montana right now; the passed on a cow last week. He killed a nice 5x5 last year up there with his bow. He was a really nice bull, but not a huge one. Hoping they get one today or tomorrow...

It was a nice 6X6, haven't scored him yet but probably close to 300". Not huge, but it was an awesome experience. I wasn't in the mood to be too picky knowing I should be at home dealing with my yard. So I couldn't pass him up when he came in screaming to 20 yards!

I know there are a few hunters around here and a few that don't like dead animal pictures. But should we start a hunt picture post for people to share that sort of thing? Not sure if that is acceptable running forum content... Confused

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Maybe an after work run.  Maybe not, we will see.  I have my big run Saturday, 32 miles in the Desolation wilderness.  Little nervous.

I ran six miles last night.  The sun set and normally I would hit the road to return home.  I stayed in the woods, it was dark, but you could still see.  I mention this as I have never night run because of irrational fears (aka the boogeyman), so I was impressed with myself and thought if I do this more I may overcome my fears.

Lace:  3:30 are you frigging kiddin me!  When do you go to bed, 8?

QOTD: Pretty impressed with all the 5:30 AM folks too.  I try to get up by 6:45 for my morning runs.  Lose sleep for running not really since it I am getting up early for a weekend run or race I go to bed early.  As for not sleeping I never really think about going for a night run.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

low O2 - welcome back and I'll be right there to get some meat! Yummy. Do you have any special recipes you use it in?

mtwarden - Anytime I don't see the dailies when I sign on at work, I question whether to start them - more so because I think someone is "typing at the same time".  So sorry.

Carry on...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday