Trailer Trash

The Mundane Mondaily (Read 18 times)

Daydreamer1

Probably won't get out for a run today. Too busy taking care of other people's problems.

Jamie - Glad you didn't get washed away. I wondered how you were making out with the camping in the rain.

Muppy - 6:47 isn't too bad for that course, especially if your not feeling the strongest. Which way did it go this year, clockwise or counterclockwise?

QOTD: Tussey Mountainback was my goal race for the year. That's Oct 30th. At this point I will probably take a DNS if I can't cancel my registration.  I'm not in shape for a 50k and certainly not for a 50 miler. Seems every time I turn around something comes up to keep me from training right.  I might look for a short fall race to replace it, but probably not.

Sandy-2

Sandy:  That just looks crazy!!  Doesn't look like a race more like some tourist that need to get out of the canyon before it floods! Does not look safe either...plus having to wait for all those people to move. Everyone seems to be taking it ok though.

Yeah, that is why they cut the 100 mile UTMB down to about 27 miles.  Then the next day they tried to run the 50 mile (STY).  The video is from the STY, but they stopped it early, I don't know how far the leaders got.  But from the video it's easy to see why both races were shortened.

When I did the UTMB last year (I DNFed) the conditions weren't much better, but at least we didn't have raging rivers where the trail was supposed to be, we just had tons of mud.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

muppy

Muppy - 6:47 isn't too bad for that course, especially if your not feeling the strongest. Which way did it go this year, clockwise or counterclockwise?

It was clockwise, the faster direction.