Trailer Trash

Hammer Endurance News (Read 68 times)

Birdwell

I got my issue in the mail today, and as I'm looking through it, I find a nice article on "Getting Ready for Ultra Season" on page 64.

http://www.hammernutrition.com/downloads/ENews/EN84/EN84.pdf

I'm totally sold, thinking "man this guy knows what he's doing"

Then I look closer and I realize, "That guys wearing arm panties!"

There goes my opinion of a certain someone here. . . . . Big grin

Occasional Runner

My arm panties are really pretty sexy.

dpc3

Ha you said arm panties!

Occasional Runner

I actually just like the word "panties". I try to sneak it into casual conversation as often as possible.

Messenjah

YOU'RE FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

dpc3

Lace that reminds me of a scene in Super Troopers when the one cop bets the other he can't work 10 "Meow" into the conversation. I'd love to hear the use of "Panties" like that meow.

Messenjah

Awesome!!!

Lace that reminds me of a scene in Super Troopers when the one cop beats the other he can't work 10 "Meow" into the converstation. I'd love to hear the use of "Panties" like that meow.

Occasional Runner

Lace that reminds me of a scene in Super Troopers when the one cop bets the other he can't work 10 "Meow" into the conversation. I'd love to hear the use of "Panties" like that meow.

You're opening old wounds. I'm still disgusted that Super Troopers wasn't even nominated for an Academy Award.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice article!  impressive run totals, eye popping actually Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

It's amazing how much info they gather during an interview and how they trim it all into an article that small. And we never discussed my 2012 run totals. They took it upon themselves to find it and ad it to the story.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Nice article, good info, Kelly!

I always wonder how editors get all the info into one short article that sounds so well-rounded and "simple" and clear (as opposed to "tangled").

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

Nice article, good info, Kelly!

I always wonder how editors get all the info into one short article that sounds so well-rounded and "simple" and clear (as opposed to "tangled").

They did a good job of quoting me accurately, but I was trying to get a lot more info in there about fueling for 100 mile races. It's their magazine, so they got what they wanted. From my experience with Hammer, if they're happy, I'm happy.

Uh oh... now what?

It's amazing how much info they gather during an interview and how they trim it all into an article that small. And we never discussed my 2012 run totals. They took it upon themselves to find it and ad it to the story.

Good story Kelly, nicely done.  I think back to the story about my 100k that an editor killed because he knew no one could run that far.  A few weeks ago there was a story about me in the local paper.  The intent was to show folks that old people can still get out there.  I think it took three  interviews, half a dozen e-mails, and one really old picture (they wanted one with me moving).  I was pleasantly surprised with it--no absurd wildness to it.

Surely to hope you stay healthy this year and continue to run well--fun to read about and inspirational for others.

Occasional Runner

Thanks John. Was that 100k story supposed to detail your run up through Pine Canyon, through Waterville and then over the hills back into the Wenatchee Valley?

Uh oh... now what?

I think that might be the route--Orondo, up the grade, out to the airport, over Badger Mountain, and

a screaming (Kathy kept 3-mile splits all night long) descent to the valley.