Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 17 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Had a nice run yesterday evening; was able to run with microspikes instead of snowshoes- makes the run a little quicker 

Going to get out this evening for 4-5 miles.

qotd: pets?  we had an old (14 years) pitbull (Beve McQueen) that passed about 6 months ago; I was thinking it might be nice to go dogless for a while (they make it tough to travel), but DW decided we (she) needed one, we now have a little Chorkie (chihuahua - yorkie) male- Elvis or Tiny Elvis as we call him.  I have to admit that it's fun to have a dog again 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Planet of fitness last night, bike to nowhere for 30 minutes on the "around the world hill program". It did not include video alas so it still felt like going nowhere. Today will be a running day despite my creaky body. 5 or 6 miles with the Lady is the plan for late this afternoon.

QOTD: Yes, SirB (Bentley) the springer spaniel who is nearly 13 and a retired trail runner. And of course LadyB (Bailey) the german short haired pointer who is now 10 and still runs like a maniac. We've always had dogs. Typically 2 at a time.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Morning trailers.  Got in 4 with a friend this morning. Heading to lunch yoga shortly and might even get in a second run this afternoon, most likely another 4 don my favorite trails. It'll be right before sunset so I'm expecting to have the trails all to myself.

qotd: No. DH is not a big animal lover but I have it in mind that we will be getting a dog in the next year or two.  We did have a guinea pig when the kids were in elementary school.  I grew up with spaniels (springers and brittany's) and have a soft spot for them. In the meantime, I live thru my family's pets (and borrow them for running).  My favorite is a 12 year old springer, who unfortunately, should retire from longer runs. I'll find out next week,what he can do. He's definitely lost his hearing so off leash is a no-go.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

RD - also my shift was changed from 6:30-11:00 pm to 2:30-7:00 pm. My preferred time to run is mid to late afternoon. I changed my schedule to account for this.

qotd: no pets. Not allowed in my apartment, besides I don't have the patience to properly train a dog or care for other types of pets and they would also make my travel plans more complicated.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Gator eye

Hi all, I m on a break for another week or so hoping to solve some long running PF problems in my left foot. I still hit the elliptical in the mornings but 40 mintue is about all i can stand.

QOTD: as a rule i like dogs more than most people and would have a half dozen of them but my DW drew the line at two. Mr Jangles tops my list and a close second is Chopper, he is a shiz zu with a personality all his own. He is suppose to be the DW dog but he seems to prefer my lap.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So I blew off the run this morning and decide to leave work early and run in the afternoon.  Most likely my 6 mile loop.  I fly to So Cal tonight for the holidays with the in laws.

QOTD:  Pretty sure you all know about Jack and Earl.  Jack a lab mix around 3 and Earl a hound around 6. I dog free life sounds nice, clean house, perfect woods floors, go when and where I want, no dog hogging the bed or sleeping between the old man and me, or sleeping in a tent with them after they were playing in the water  but I just can't image life without a dog.  I may downsize my next dog to a little guy to make it all easier but I doubt it.

TrailDC:  You've been threatening to get a dog for quite a few years...I suggest you get yourself one for Christmas.....just doit!

Image may contain: dog

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Actually I would probably have more if my husband would allow.  I wouldn't mind picking up some old mellow dogs that wind up in the pound for some crazy reason.

QOTD: as a rule i like dogs more than most people and would have a half dozen of them but my DW drew the line at two.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Queen of Nothing 
                  QOTD: Morning Mike!!! I need it in the morning!

not it sure how I missed this gem from Sue yesterday; I'm slipping!

I need it in the morning too, but prefer my running in the afternoon 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed, so as soon as I can gather up enough energy I'll jump on the bike for a ride on the trainer.  May also do some time on the ellipitcal if I have time to work it in before it's time to go to work.

QOTD: Last pet we had was a mutt that died back in 2005. Mother was a Golden and Springer mix. Father was probably a German Shepard and Collie mix.  Should have been a smart dog but was actually dumber than a box of rocks. It would take weeks of working with him  to get him to sit and shake a paw.  Really was a dedicated dog though, especially to me. I didn't run real long back in those days, just 3-5 miles at a time and he was a real good running buddy.  Never had to put him on a leash. Really miss him.

I don't plan on ever getting another pet. With our lifestyle of working a variety of shifts and liking to travel it wouldn't be fair to the animal.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a run last night.  I need to cram miles in the next few days.  Our team in the 2016 challenge got smoked last week and it all comes down to this week - which of course ends on Christmas! People are putting in some crazy mileage - all in the name of a competition that wins nothing but bragging rights.  So having said that, I need to run tonight.

QOTD: 7 year old shitzuh, maltese, poodle, pomeranian.  Yes that is right.  She a mutt but a cute one.  Her name is Cocoa.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NHLA

6.2 miles 56 min

qotd  two cats and a dog.

NHLA