Trailer Trash

Countdown Tuesdailey (Read 24 times)

moonlightrunner

Come on Friday! I know it is only Tuesday, but I am already eagerly awaiting the weekend, Monday-Friday at work is very much "Ground Hog Day" (as in the movie). Each day is filled with the endless cycle of non-thinking, mundane tasks.

Last evening's run was only a few miles. It was cold! My head has turned to spring when 38 degrees feels cold. It was a grey, windy and strangely silent in the woods. Apparently I was not the only one feeling the disappointing presence of the winter front coming through. I heard only one trill from a redwing blackbird near the river, and the beep and song of a lone nuthatch looking for love in the otherwise silent woods..  Other than that, it was the rattle of  a few defiant leaves of  summer still hanging,  and the  deep whoosh of the wind as it ran through the empty limbs of  tall  trees. .   It was one of those runs where I was grateful I successfully talked myself out of the car and onto the trail, It was not much of a run as far as actual running, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

No miles planned for the day. I just made it a SRD.

Warden: The pictures you post are so beautiful. I think I could learn to love winters even more from your slice of heaven.

Harrier: I think you should keep the snow blower out until at least June. I will lay the blame of this weather squarely ont your act of defiance.

QOTD: I bought a great pack (S Lab Skin Pro 15). I love it HOWEVER....the hydration bag and/or tubing gives the water a horrible chemical taste. I have washed them, but it still tastes awful. I there something that can be done to get that taste away?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

XtremeTaper

Well, countdown to another Noreaster here. The Mighty Quinn...

Come all without, come all within! You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K13hH0pJx5s

Ran 5 last night with the Lady out/back on the trails at Coventry Woods. Up to ridge, along the ridge and back (with a little loop thrown in at the turn-around. Chilly and brisk for March but nice. Lots of new big trees down from the weekends storm. Half a dozen or so.

Will do gym stuff today and a run on the local trail tonight.

QOTD: Sorry Moon. No advice on the plastic taste. I typically run with just handhelds when I go long. I wonder if it's coming more from the tube?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

XT - Yup, time to buckle down for the next one.  Took a break from the LR last weekend, but I plan do to another double long this weekend.  Maybe 18 / 22.

moonlight - Really enjoy your descriptive runs!

Mandy & Harrier - I think I cursed everyone by suggesting spring was here over the weekend.  Ooops.

Warden - I was watching Life Below Zero last night.  Glenn Villeneuve reminds me of you.

4+ miles last night.  8 hilly in line for tonight before the next storm.  Calling for 6-12 inches.  We'll probably get 2.

QOTD:  I use the Advanced Skin 12 which has the removable soft water bottles.  No funky taste at all.  I agree with XT and think the tube could be the issue.  Hope it goes away.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Gator eye

6 on the treadmill, of course they alwways turn into a tempo run

QOTD: i never found a way on the bladder pack I had. I loved the pack and how it rode, but the taste of the water really gets to ya after a few miles. I was adding some flavor like tailwind but it was a bitch to clean and turn the bladder into something I wouldn't drink out of

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tiny Elvis and I got in some good miles yesterday evening, about 4.5 and 1500’ of gain on loosely packed snow with a smattering of pot holing. The winter doesn’t even phase Tiny E, you’d think he was a husky that grew up in the Yukon 

strength training this evening (I think DW will take Tiny E out)

qotd: try this- a full capful of bleach and hot water in the bladder- shake, have the hose connected, suck to fill the tube up, spit out the bleach flavored water. Let remain in there for a couple of hours. Keep refilling with fresh water, until most of the bleach taste is gone. I do this with all my water bladders periodically - keeps funk at bay and water tasting as it should.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

Thanks! I will try! It is pretty nasty tasting as it is.

Tiny Elvis and I got in some good miles yesterday evening, about 4.5 and 1500’ of gain on loosely packed snow with a smattering of pot holing. The winter doesn’t even phase Tiny E, you’d think he was a husky that grew up in the Yukon 

strength training this evening (I think DW will take Tiny E out)

qotd: try this- a full capful of bleach and hot water in the bladder- shake, have the hose connected, suck to fill the tube up, spit out the bleach flavored water. Let remain in there for a couple of hours. Keep refilling with fresh water, until most of the bleach taste is gone. I do this with all my water bladders periodically - keeps funk at bay and water tasting as it should.

moonlightrunner

Bert- O, glad you enjoy my descriptions. I am in the process of trying to be mindful of what I enjoy about each run. I want to put together descriptions and pictures. I have a very poor longterm memory. When I am in the nursing home someday I would like to get the flavor of what I enjoy now.

XT - Yup, time to buckle down for the next one.  Took a break from the LR last weekend, but I plan do to another double long this weekend.  Maybe 18 / 22.

moonlight - Really enjoy your descriptive runs!

Mandy & Harrier - I think I cursed everyone by suggesting spring was here over the weekend.  Ooops.

Warden - I was watching Life Below Zero last night.  Glenn Villeneuve reminds me of you.

4+ miles last night.  8 hilly in line for tonight before the next storm.  Calling for 6-12 inches.  We'll probably get 2.

QOTD:  I use the Advanced Skin 12 which has the removable soft water bottles.  No funky taste at all.  I agree with XT and think the tube could be the issue.  Hope it goes away.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

agreed- moonlight is gifted in her prose, I enjoy his descriptive runs as well 

fixed 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

agreed- moonlight is gifted in his her prose, I enjoy his her descriptive runs as well 

FYP. 

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I got nothing today.  We need to go shovel out my parent's driveway, since they're currently enjoying sunshine and warmth in Utah right now.  I should really be running on Tuesdays, but it's probably an icy mess out there, so screw it.  My plan is to attempt to run more once we're home from vacation in mid-April.

QOTD: Warden's bleach trick should hopefully work.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Well our weather yesterday was a lot more bluster than results. High wind with snow blowing sideways but total accumulation was maybe 4". Just enough to give me something to bitch about, and as Mandy had said our trails were just starting to get nice.  After my lackluster run of yesterday today is a rest day. Some weights and core but that will be it for me.

Moonlight--Agree with others that your writing is a pleasure to read. Well done!

QOTD--Like Warden I also do the bleach thing to all my hydration stuff on a regular basis and this is a good reminder that I should get after it again.

Daydreamer1

5.3 Miles around the house in between jobs and napping.  Should have went further, but by the time I was in the mood to run I didn't really have the time.

QOTD: Bleach, Baking soda,  white vinegar soak for several hours or days is what I've done.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So after two days of running in Puerta Vallate..I took 3 days off...was worried about my foot problem.  After that i proceeded to count morning walks as my run.   probably about 4 miiles a day...strolling through all kinds of neighborhoods.  I'll post some pics tomorrow.

QOTD:  Nothing

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄