Trailer Trash

the 1000 mile weekender (Read 21 times)

NHLA

8 miles at DuPont Forest.  Man it was hot. Been such a cool summer so fat I am not used to the heat.

Sandy-2

Way to go wcrunner!!  It's the tough ones that really test our character. Nice job getting it done.

Great photos everyone. Looks and sounds like it's hot all over.

Did 10 mi this morning, hot and humid but not quite as bad as yesterday.

Havent heard from the CT Rider's, but their Spot Tracker is now working. They are moving and I expect them to camp somewhere along Seg 3 tonight. I'll try to post a photo or two later.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I saw provisional results for wc 24 that had the USA winning the womem by 622m and the men third.

Got more than I bargained for today. 8.8 miles with over 1400 ft gain in the first 3 miles as one long continuous uphill climb. Took me well over 3 hours. I should add that the viws at the top were worth the climb.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

I saw provisional results for wc 24 that had the USA winning the womem by 622m and the men third.

Got more than I bargained for today. 8.8 miles with over 1400 ft gain in the first 3 miles as one long continuous uphill climb. Took me well over 3 hours. I should add that the viws at the top were worth the climb.

Final now.  That's amazing to think, after each top 3 runner for US and Poland only 622 meters separated them after 740+ combined kilometers.  A lap and 1/2 around the track and a Gold for US.  Laurie was 3rd 50+ and ended up having 5th highest US total, but as an alternate, it would not have mattered. Bob Hearn was 9th for 50+.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I was off the grid for the weekend, mostly. I had a rough weekend for running. It has been super hot and humid, and I have really been spent since running hard last weekend in the heat. So, I backed off a little and pushed my long run back to the point that I didn't even get it done. I did run, but I didn't run long.

That kind of stuff really hits me in the gut, too, AT.

QOTD: I'd like to PR at 100 miles this year. That should not be too hard to do if I run smart in November, and it isn't too hot. However, you never know what will happen in a run that long. I should have done it a couple of years ago in Florida, but a long course, an iffy stomach at the start, and getting lost pretty much blew my fitness out the window on that one. I did hit some fast miles about 95 to 100 miles into it, though. At least, they seemed fast to me, but my mind wasn't exactly as sharp as tack at that point.

LB2