Trailer Trash

This ain’t Spring- Thursdaily (Read 19 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

where the f^ck is Spring?  woke up to 3” of new snow, forecast high of 28 and 3-5” of more snow- looks (and feels) like December 

got a sloppy 4 miles with Tiny Elvis yesterday evening, hoping to get the same this evening- I guess one saving grace is that it should be solidly frozen and less sloppy

qotd: I don’t think this was asked, March mileage?  130 for me 80 for Tiny E- not too shabby considering the weather for March

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

The weather here is stupid. I saw a few flurries today, 50's tomorrow, snow on Saturday. I will run a few trail miles this evening with the Lady regardless.

QOTD: 147 for me, 135 for the Lady. A far cry from my old self, but hey I feel like an old self now.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

So in dog miles, Tiny E gets 560 and Lady gets 945 for the month. 

Last night I was expecting a muddy run, but the trail held up pretty well from all the spring snow and rain.  Got 7 in at tempo effort and the wind was something fierce.  4 easy on trail tonight hopefully.

QOTD:  254 which is an all time monthly high.  It's all AT's fault.  I'm usually injured or lazy this time of year, but he's gotten me training for this 24 hour smorgasbord next month.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

SRD..gym at lunch.  Sorry Warden sprng is definitely here...although raining is coming it's going to be warm rain..the trees are all budding and leaves are starting to appear...the rhodies and azaleas are all blooming.

QOTD 130  Earl would be the same as me but Jack less...although I haven't been tracking his.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

SRD for me too.  Need to pack tonight and get gear organized.

Spring is most definitely not showing up here yet either.  The snow melted a little yesterday, but it's still hanging around.

QOTD: A whooping 32 miles.    I read some really interesting stuff about tendons the other day and I think I fucked up when I initially hurt my hamstring.  I should have been doing more, not less.  So my plan going forward (once we're back from vacation) is to run more often.  More dinky little neighborhood runs.  I'm going to transgress to how I ran when I was a noob.

Running is dumb.

LB2

I ran one mile this morning, maybe a little more. I have been totally down this week with allergies.

QOTD: An embarrassing 35.4 miles in March. Sad, tremendously sad.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Trying to chicken out, but I will get out for a few miles in the evening.

warden: wrong state?

Queen: Blooming? What is that?

Berto: Nice miles!

QOTD: Somewhere between 4 and 6, I believe? Probably a new record here. Anyways, this leaves much room for improvement in April!

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Yesterday was a cross training day-- lots of garden clean up from the winter, and yoga to undo at the sore points.  Today, got in a short (3) miles around the neighborhood.

qotd: Just over 100. Strava stopped counting after 99, but I fit in a couple short runs after that.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

qotd: Just over 100. Strava stopped counting after 99, but I fit in a couple short runs after that.

That's strange about Strava.  Is it counting for April?

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

NorthernHarrier

Ho-hum--another rest day, hoping these days off help my ailments. Also packing up a few things for camping and a run. When I scheduled this thing way back when the idea of camping and running an event in April in Missouri sounded so good. Had no idea then the that winter would linger like it has with temps there about 25 degrees below normal. Crap.  

Mandy--not much of a weather event for us really. Just effin' cold.  Have a nice trip.

QOTD--I plodded to just over 180. Sadly, no speedwork with a bad calf.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

QOTD:  254 

short note to self- don’t run with Bert-o

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Yes, it just stopped at 99. April seems fine. I'll let you know when (if) I pass 99 miles.

That's strange about Strava.  Is it counting for April?

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Yes, it just stopped at 99. April seems fine. I'll let you know when (if) I pass 99 miles.

Maybe it’s some safety stop to prevent excessive exercising.

An algorithm could decide what your optimum level is, and then you have to stop. It’s an algorithm, and it’s from the internet, so it must be right.

3 icy cold miles today for me. I figured it might be snowing tomorrow, so I better get my run in today.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Took a SRD because my hip/hamstring is acting up. Getting old sucks.

qotd: 173, actually that is more than I thought it was going to be since I've been skipping days an doing shorter runs.

tbd.