Trailer Trash

Thursday (Read 17 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Got out early to try to beat some of the tropical weather for 8 miles.  Air was heavy and patches of warm fog.  I'm ready for Autumn.

On the way home from the trail, I saw over 100 Mini Cooper's heading West on Route 30.  Some sort of rally was going on and a few cars were pulling teardrop trailers.  Looked like they were going to have some fun.

QOTD:  What would be your dream collector car?  I always liked the 60's British cars, so something like an early 60's MGA.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ran an easy 3 miles this morning in 32 minutes. I checked my heart rate as soon as I stopped. It was 96. I think running a little under 11 minute miles with heart rate of 96 is pretty good and means I have quite a bit of room to pick up the pace.

QOTD: I think my dream collector car would be an older Corvette.

LB2

runtraildc

Morning all.  Hot and humid down here, too.  Doesn't matter so much since I won't be out trying to run in it.   Got in another gym day yesterday (elliptical and weights).

AT- That must have been a funny sight.-- especially those towing a teardrop! My mom had a mini for years-- Never liked driving it as I think they were made for short and short waisted people.  Always had to lean forward waiting at lights to be able to see the light thru the short windshield.

qotd: Not really a collector, but a VW camper van.  A new one, which they keep talking about, since we want decent mileage and reliability.  We still have a few years before retirement so there's time.

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi up on the single track today.  A good run, but my legs still feel kinda tired from all of the days off.  I guess the mid-80's temps and high humidity don't help either.

qotd: Circa 1967 Camaro SS.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD today.  I'm futzing with my new Hoka Mafate's- the toe box is definitely roomier than the ATRs which is a big plus, BUT the midfoot and heel feel a bit "sloppy".  I'm going to try combining the insole that came with the shoes along with a pair green Superfeet; I also put in some longer laces so I could use this heel lock lacing technique

qotd: oh so many I would love to have, have always wanted a BMW 1600-02 setup for road racing

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in 8+ this morning.  Boy was it humid!

warden - i recently started using that lacing system.  It's great but you have to have laces long enough to use it.  of my current shoes, I can only use it with my Hoka Clifton (2's).

QOTD: This

or this...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

10.8 miles yesterday, was mix of road and farm land.

QOTD I would love an older Volkswagen bus. I'm thinking early 60's and  preferably dark red!  My birthdays in a few days.......

Gator eye

Rest day

Warden- it's nice to hear they widened the toe box back up on the Hoka's , I couldn't  wear the ATR's and the Challengers are just wide enough.

QOTD: 1966 Ford pickup, candy apple red

Daydreamer1

I was going to head up on the mountain this morning for about 10 miles. Yesterday's interview went well enough that I was invited back for a second round this morning so there went the running plans. Now there are severe thunderstorms predicted and one just missed us, so I don't know if, when or how much I'll end up running.

AT - I just about got waffled by a Mini today. I misjudged his speed and pulled across in front of him so it would have been my fault. Given that I pull out of that store quite a bit I'll bet he was doing at least 85-90 .

Warden - I forgot to mention that some people find the heel cup to be loose on the Hokas.  I will notice it but it doesn't bother me or cause me problems so I tend to forget about it.    Recently I've been thinking about getting a Bimmer as a project car once my pickup is done. I'd bee looking for something a lot newer that I could pull the engine and rework it for a lot of horsepower.

QOTD:  For collector stuff I like 'em old.

wpeD1.jpg (22756 bytes)

Years ago I would work EMS standby at  the Antique Auto show in Hershey. Always found the real old stuff more interesting than stuff from the 50-80s periods.

Still, one of these would be nice to have.

1970 DODGE DART SWINGER 340 - Front 3/4 - 184270

1970 Dodge Dart with a 340 Hemi.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran this morning 5 miles...it hurt but the toe is on the mend.   all is right in my world again.

QOTD:  My husband is a car collector so we (he) already owns 12 classic cars.   I had a 1962 Mercedes 190sl that he got for me.  But than he thought he should get rid of a few cars so he sold mine.  That's OK I like my jeep.  I worry too much when I am driving the older cars.  They basically his retirement.  They weigh us down and he lives in fear of a fire blowing through our area.  I think they add more stress to his life than pleasure.   But if I had to pick...maybe a bronco

Image result for bronco truck

Not a MGA AT but and Austin Healey.

LB2 he has a 1956 corvette.

runtraildc and Muppy: VW bus and VW crewcab.

Sandy and DD:  No muscle cars...but those are the cars I relate too.

daydreamer:  good luck on that second interview...maybe they can see through the bullshitters!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Run last night was a short and pokey 5 miles out on the trails at Green Lane. Grey, humid, and drizzly weather. My head wasn't into the run for various reasons so the Lady and I jogged it after a few miles. Today is humid and hot, 90+ or something, but with scattered clouds and breezes. Plan is to hit Coventry Woods tonight for my regular 7 mile loop. It should be a festival of sweat.

QOTD: I'm with Sandy on this one... 67' Camaro SS or Firebird.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Not a MGA AT but and Austin Healey.

No, I like the MGA.  I had a chance to drive one, years ago,  and always liked it. James Bond had the Austin, and I never liked the oval grill on them as much.

The grill on the Austin looks like the front has a face, but if someone gave me one, I wouldn't turn it down.

I remembered you saying before that you guys had a lot of cars.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!