Trailer Trash

Helloooooo Wednesday! (Read 42 times)

DigDug2

Tempo run on the TM at lunch, 5.8 mi total.  Decided to sleep in this a.m. after working late last night.

QOTD:  I'd say a 6 - committed to it, think about it a fair bit, plan out racing schedules and training, but there are lots of people who spend lots more hours devoted to running-related activities than I do.

Brian Runner

15 miles last night with 2k of vertical. Today should be a rest day, but since tomorrow promises to be wash out I guess I'll run 5 to 10 this evening.

Wow it has been a long 2.5 weeks. Just got back from my wedding/honeymoon festivities. It has been a terrible two weeks for running. Jamacia is no place to try and run off resort and the treadmills were always taken. Oh well, time to get back at it.

Did an easy 4 this morning. I'm running the OSS/CIA night 50 this Saturday. Running it slow with my buddy. Time to start getting serious with training this summer so I can kick butt at Oil Creek 100 in October.

qotd: I'd say about a 6 at the moment. I think a lot of my training and races but do not over do it. I'd like to get more focused but I think that would take some of the fun out of it.

Occasional Runner

Wow it has been a long 2.5 weeks. Just got back from my wedding/honeymoon festivities. It has been a terrible two weeks for running. Jamacia is no place to try and run off resort and the treadmills were always taken. Oh well, time to get back at it.

Did an easy 4 this morning. I'm running the OSS/CIA night 50 this Saturday. Running it slow with my buddy. Time to start getting serious with training this summer so I can kick butt at Oil Creek 100 in October.

qotd: I'd say about a 6 at the moment. I think a lot of my training and races but do not over do it. I'd like to get more focused but I think that would take some of the fun out of it.

I run off the resorts in Jamaica all the time. You just have to be careful where you go.

Have fun at the OSS/CIA. I was there last year and enjoyed the trail.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well I am guessing at least 6 miles...my Garmin went dead.  I am not too impressed with the 190 Garmin.  Saw a banana slug and a deer.  Then had a dog charge out of the woods at me and Earl.  We've had discussions with this dog before and he's all growl and no bit.  Still scared the bageezers out of me.

TT: Wow a 9! What about biking are you a 9 in that too?

Lace UP:  I think your a 10.  You almost left your job and most of your trips involve a race.

Brillant:  I never clean my shoes.

QOTD:  Put it this way, I won't let it end my marriage, if someone offers good food or drinks I am easliy sawyed to part take and skip the run.  So I will say a 6.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

Lace UP:  I think your a 10.  You almost left your job and most of your trips involve a race.

I'm very PASSIONATE about the sport.

XtremeTaper

Hello all... crazy day here!

Let's see. Nope. No run today. I am also staying away from race calendar web sites for at least a 2 weeks. I have evil thoughts of a fall 100 in my head. Recovery is going well and a short dog walk is in order tonight.

QOTD: 7.75678213

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Occasional Runner

XT...Oil Creek is right up your alley!!!

Messenjah

I got 10 in at 4:00am today.

QOTD - I would say that I am an 8 or 9. My desk at work is PLASTERED with race maps, race pictures, pictures of sections of trails, etc. I am known in my office (company of about 600) as "That runner guy" and I'm not allowed to compete in the run/walk/bike competition at work anymore because people don't like to compete against me because of the amount of time that I spend running.

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from a 10 mile jaunt, all on the roads. Did about 7.5 running and then 2.5 walking with DW.

QOTD: About a 4-5. If something happened that I couldn't trail run I would just start biking more. The main reason that I started running more was simply because there were a lot more trail events then bike races in central PA and trail running events are more laid back. I tend to be a person that sets certain goals and running a 100 miler is one. After I accomplish that I will probably tri for a Ironman. (I know, I know. It's sacrilege) While I don't ever see myself giving up trail running completely it may be moved to the back burner.

If this was about exercise in general then I would have to give myself a 9.5. I don't ever see myself not trying to exercise. I'll be the 95 year old still going to the gym or begging someone to do a tandem bike ride with me.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Jamezilla, is that a lemon merengue class?

Now that's a groupon I could get down with

**Ask me about streaking**

DigDug2

If this was about exercise in general then I would have to give myself a 9.5. I don't ever see myself not trying to exercise. I'll be the 95 year old still going to the gym or begging someone to do a tandem bike ride with me.

Funny, my running number is way higher than my exercise in general number.  Running is the only form of exercise that consistently gives me enjoyment - if I didn't run, I probably wouldn't exercise much at all.

TT: Wow a 9! What about biking are you a 9 in that too?

To be clear when it comes to talent or ability I am a 1 or a 2.  That said, getting out on the trails is the highlight of most days especially now that I am retired and it is the one activity that I will almost never skip even with heat, cold, rain, snow, sleet, hail, wind, lightning or whatever.

Biking is a big deal to me, but is these days is more of a sometimes thing.  I don't ride all that much when not on a big tour or maybe training for one.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

ceezy

7.5  road/trail

Heavy legs from last nights run made the last couple miles difficult (and 90+ heat) even had to hike a hill I normally run from 5.5-6.

Was planning 6 then during the run I thought 7 and somehow started thinking 8...ended up calling it at 7.5.

Was not nearly hydrated enough for decent heat (imho) and did yard work in the afternoon where I was really sweating buckets...only took my 8oz bottle as well.

Uh oh... now what?

An hourish on the bike this morning, an hourish on the trails this afternoon.

QOTD: Probably 4ish