Trailer Trash

Misty Mondaily (Read 24 times)

AT-runner

Tim

AT-- I stuck to 16th mostly.  

Some nice scenery and architecture on 16th.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

It is F ING COLD, I am sitting at the trailhead trying to will myself out of the car. I'm gonna DO IT...but I am quite sure I will HATE IT for at least 2 miles...then I will be fine. and...I can't type worth sh*t.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

NorthernHarrier

Higher mileage week last week (at least for me) so today is a rest day. Some weights, core, and a real short stint on the elliptical shortly will be about it here. I've got a big branch off a white pine sittin' in my yard from several days back I've been looking at so I suppose I should go deal with that first.  We are now in a great weather pattern for the next 10 days at least which is pretty nice.

Harrier- how did the maple syrup turn out?  How much did you end up with?

Well... you were right on the sugar content as I did an awful lot of boiling this year for what we have gotten so far. I didn't go up this weekend as it was real crappy, cold, and snowy up there.  So it was running real good then this cold front moved in that lasted over a week and then my place was buried under a foot of snow. Now the temps will be shooting into the 70's this week so....  I do have a large batch of boiled down sap in the frig yet to finish and I left about 50 gal of sap buried in totes in the snow. I am hopeful with the cold and additional snow it will still be good but that will be it as I will be pulling taps and cleaning things up on Friday.  So after a late but good start it fizzled pretty quick but I think by the time I'm done it will still be in the 45 pint range.

How did your sister finish up?   Regardless of the actual yield it is an awesome spring tradition.

E/A-- Forgot to say welcome back Moonlight. Great to have you around again! 

Sandy-2

Welcome back moonlight!!

I did a quite quick (for me anyway) 5 miles after work Mon. I got home a little late and had to get back quickly before dinner.  Plus it was a bit chilly and windy, all made for a faster pace than usual.

Today is a SRD as I'm on the 6am bullet train to the big city, here's a snap of the sunrise thru the train window as we blaze along.

qotd: I don't mind sharing the trails at all, but I do try to get out very early before it gets crowded. Hiking is like a national pastime here. I'm like the local sideshow, the strange foreigner who 'runs' instead of walks on the trails. I do say 'hi' to everyone I see though and most reply.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

First run in a week, one Mt Joy - Mt Misery loop, and my stomach still felt queasy afterward.

QOTD: I see many more hikers and walkers than I do runners. Almost never see mountain bikers, but I do step aside for horses once in a while - my choice as I don't want to spook a horse inadvertently.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

moonlightrunner

For the record...the sky was blue, the breeze refreshing and all was perfect. I only did 9 tonight...but I kicked ass and ran fast for me the last 3 miles.  Are those endorphins great or what?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k