Trailer Trash

Wake Up, it is Wednesday (Read 46 times)

LB2

Nothing yet today. I ran twice yesterday, though. I'll get a few in tonight.

QOTD: Pass

LB2

Occasional Runner

Just got back from 6 miles and some circuit training at the gym. I'm sincerely getting tired of cold ass weather. It's getting harder and harder to face it every morning. 16 degrees and windy this morning.

I hope you al have a great day!

runtraildc

Morning all!

I've inadvertently been taking a  'break' for much of this week.  Busy, busy, blah blah blah... and missing some motivation.  This happens a few times a year and is usually pretty short-lived.   I've got 5 miles planned tonight with DS before DH and I leave town tomorrow.  Won't get much (if any) running in the next ten days.  I'm a little concerned since I've never gone that long without running.  so...

qotd:  What happens when you don't run?  After 2-3 days, I start experiencing personality changes-- I get cranky (or rather, crankier) and antsy.  I have always needed exercise as an outlet, and running is the best I've found (along with swimming).  

Just got back from 6 miles and some circuit training at the gym. I'm sincerely getting tired of cold ass weather. It's getting harder and harder to face it every morning. 16 degrees and windy this morning.

I hope you al have a great day!

I am realllly tired of the wind lately. It seems like EVERY run I've done in the past 3 weeks has been cold and very windy. Although, today is a high of 55 in Philly, so I can't really complain now Joking

Tonight I have 8 on tap with some hill repeats thrown in. Should be in the high 40's when I run later! So excited for a warm run.

QOTD: I also get very cranky, moody, and irritable after more than 2 days off. Sometimes I just get downright depressed. Sounds cliche, but running really is the best therapy, speaking as someone who regularly went to therapy for a few years.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nothing today.  Wasn't feeling well last night, went to bed with no intention on getting up early today to run or workout.  So I am taking a day.  The only problem is I always feel sluggish throughout the day when I don't get in my morning run or workout.  But apparently I needed the extra couple hours of sleep.

QOTD: I too get cranky.  Running has become such a vital part of my life, kinda like coffee to some people.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Rain has stopped, so hopefully will get in a few miles at lunch.  Pretty muddy around these parts.  Our rain gauge showed 1.5" of rain yesterday.

QOTD:  I don't get cranky, I get tired.  I don't have a functioning thyroid gland , so I use running to help boost my metabolism.  If I don't run I feel very lethargic.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

A little mini-snowstorm rolled thru here. Normally I just shovel the stuff but it was enough to fire up the snowblower. I am so ready for spring. I may do a short run/walk later even though I was going to take today off. New snow is just so pretty even if I have had enough this winter.

traildc--What tropical paradise are you headed too?

QOTD-- the only times voluntarily taking time off I have been on long canoe trips and I think the all day long paddling and portaging gives me a good enough replacement activity. Now when you are injured and on crutches that is a whole different story. I'm surprised my family still likes me. Blush

Marley and I had a nice slippery muddy 8 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD: Usually nothing because I am generally on a bicycle tour, backpacking trip, or some other cool trip.  If off for injury then yeah, probably cranky.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

I got a nice 5 miler this morning. We've had strong winds lately, so I've been clearing small branches off the trail as I run. This morning though there was a large tree down across the trail... and of course it wasn't the trunk but the top mess of branches that was completely blocking the trail. To make it even better, the trail at that point is cutting across a steep hill. That one is going to need a chainsaw to fix.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I wound up with 3.3 miles last night.  They weren't perfect, but it was a run.  I'm hoping that I get cleared to do another run while I am in Philadelphia over the weekend.

QOTD:  What happens when I don't run?  You tell me.  I have ran a total of twice in almost 4 months.  I have been a pain in the ass to my loved ones and friends.  I have become a whiny, cranky, bitch.  It's not pretty.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

easy 5 miles planned for this afternoon, things are drying out nicely so shouldn't have to fight much mud Smile

qotd: not so much cranky, but more antsy- if it went on for a long time, would probably turn to cranky Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

traildc--What tropical paradise are you headed too?

sailing in the windward islands of the caribbean.  DH kitesurfs so this time it is water trails rather than land trails..

DigDug2

6 on the TM at lunch.

QOTD:  I actually feel pretty good physically when I don't run, and if it's planned non-running I feel fine mentally as well.  If it's not planned and it's my fault (i.e., not injury or something out of my control), I just get anxious or depressed that I'm failing to meet my goals.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So proud of myself, got my lazy ass out of bed and ran.  Garmin is dead and new one in the mail, but ran 50 minutes.  Only ran 3 on treadmill as was getting a little heat from the old man becuase it was getting late...at least I ran.  Morning runs are really pretty awesome.

Mandy: If Tracey was here I would encourage the wooden spoon.  Your chiro said run 3 miles and typical Mandy style you ran 3.3!!!

Kelly:  May be hitting 70s this weekend.

QOTD:  I usually don't run for two reasons.  One is when I am on vacation and then it doesn't bother me too much because I am having fun.  Two when I don't run because I am lazy: it make me feel guilty and I get pissed at myself.  I also worry about losing the physical conditioning I've worked so hard on achieving.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄