Trailer Trash

Running? Monday (Read 32 times)

runtraildc

DD2--speechless.  really, an inspiration and a fine demonstration of the depth of runner's tenacity and mental toughness needed to overcome such a challenging course.

Sandy-2

Woke up this morning to the following text from my DD:

"Dear Family, this text is to inform you that I will be going back to Mongolia in 7 weeks."

Not your typical text one gets from their daughter.  It looks like we all get another week of nail-biting fun following my DD do a 1000 km horse race across the Mongolian Steppe.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Woke up this morning to the following text from my DD:

"Dear Family, this text is to inform you that I will be going back to Mongolia in 7 weeks."

Not your typical text one gets from their daughter.  It looks like we all get another week of nail-biting fun following my DD do a 1000 km horse race across the Mongolian Steppe.

Last night I was watching a History Channel special on Ghengis Khan and I thought about your daughter.  Can't wait to follow her again.  I still say she won last time.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sandy, this sounds exciting. Your DD certainly does not give in easily. I also agree with AT that she won last time. You cross the finish line first, you win. On the other hand, this isn't running. It's about the horse, too. Interesting that, as far as I know, in other horse competitions (jumping, trotting, etc.) no horse is being checked for recovery, or are they?

I definitely will follow her again, hoping she'll be able to officially win this time!

Run for fun.

Ran 5 at lunch yesterday, right by the Eagles practice facility. They are in training camp right now, so it was pretty cool to peek through the bushes as I ran by and see all the pros.

QOTD: Running less this week and last week since I'm tapering for Laurel Highlands (Saturday). I haven't had any major injuries yet (knock on wood) but just a few minor things that kept me out for a week or so at a time.