Trailer Trash

Time is ticking away TUESDAY (Read 17 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's noon and no daily.  You must all be working for a change! 

I got in a shade under 8 this morning in the hood.  Everyone seemed to be out running.  It was rather nice temp and humidity wise so I cannot blame them.

QOTD: Do you have credit cards? credit card debt?

We have two credit cards - one is linked to Amazon solely (that one is dangerous).  The other we use for gas, some bigger purchases, online purchases, etc.  The debt is minimal as we try and pay it off or down each month.  Occasionally it will creep higher than I like.  But we do get rewards for both so I don't mind using them.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dpc3

Got in 4 with the young pup this am on the trails.

QOTD: Yes and Yes

Gator eye

Been doing a little heat training this week.  Did 5 slow at 110 degrees this morning, it was all I could stand. I won't be signing up for Badwater any time soon.

QOTD: yes, two cards. I try to keep them low even though one always seems to creep up there. I try to pay them off with tax return money and start all over.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's 9:24 here and I just got to work but needed to make my coffee.  Oh us short timers...  Got up early and ran 11 this morning, yea very pleased with myself.  1 half in I got off the trail to allow a lady with a little poodle to pass and slipped with my shin landed on a log I guess.  It was very painful!  I ran then stopped and looked at it, but it still hurt, I ran and then walked but it still hurt I ran and moaned out loud for about 1/2 mile until the pain became bearable then basically disappeared.  It felt like when you hit a funny bone and have those queery weird pains.

QOTD:  What are you going to ask for next Jamie the name of our favorite pet so you can start hacking into them.  One and none here.  It's really a debit card.  My husband hates owing money.  Even when we bought a new truck with zero % financing he still threw extra towards it.

Jamie:  My run also had way more folks than I ever see in the am.

Gator eye:  What's a tax return and how do I go about getting one?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

We're enjoying a reprieve from the heat here for a couple of days anyways- highs in the upper 70's and low 80's, so going to run after work (instead of 4:30 AM).

I need to really focus on climbing; my next race (Rut Run) is a 28k, but just shy of 8000' gain- so will probably do some hill repeats today. I haven't done them in about a month or so (licking my wounds from the Bob Open) so they will hurt

qotd: REI rewards card, put everything on it- gas, groceries, etc; but pay it off every month- thankfully

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Did not get out as early as I had hoped, but temperatures were still lower then they've been.  Ran hills for what was going to be 8 miles. but felt pretty good so added another 2 miles (one up, one down) and had a nice run.

August Fun Time - I had just reached the lowest elevation on my run and crossed over a bridge onto an ATV trail when a young hawk flew over my head and soared right in front of me for a bit. It was really cool to see it up close and and then it beat it's wings 2 time and accelerated up and away. Really amazing how easily they fly.

My run had 2 people the whole time and they were on ATV's. They were stopped at an intersection and one (XXL size) guy asked "how do you get up those hills". I said "one foot at a time".

Gator - Wowsers 110 sounds like death for me. 

QOTD:  Personal - use debit cards except for a Chase United Air miles card that we use for travel (to see kids) and pay it off right away. Business yes to credit cards, but debt is fixed loan stuff and one of the few deductible things left. Have 1 car payment that is 0%, and like Sue's DH, I always feel like I should pay it off, but it makes no sense to do that, so I don't.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I mean, good afternoon!

I rode my bike to work today.  Will walk the dog later, but that's all I got.

QOTD: I have a cash back rewards card that I use for everything that I can.  Free money!!  That said, I pay it off in full every month, so no credit card debt.  Count me in on the debt adverse group.  I'm almost done with my car loan and student loans, which I have been paying back as quickly as possible.  I plan on being debt free by the end of the year, and then want to never have debt again, aside from a mortgage someday.  I really want to pay cash for my next car when my current one is on its last limbs, which hopefully won't be for another 150,000+ miles...

Running is dumb.

NHLA

2 a day, 6 this morning and 6 mile group run tonight.

It has cooled to 69 to 82 degrees but rain every day so its humid.

qotd  one debit - credit card. Don't charge anything on it.

XtremeTaper

8 last night for the Lady and I over on the trails at Green Lane reservoir. Nice night. Place was packed relatively speaking. This evening will be a run over at Warwick Park. Well a run and a race. Race 3 of the 5k trail series tonight. Forecast calls for pain and suffering. LOL. I will get 6 or 7 total with warmup and cool down. The Lady will join me for the non-race miles, and one of the volunteers will watch her for me during the race.

QOTD: Yes and yes, but nothing outrageous in the debt department.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Got up and did 5 mi before work today (Wed). It was warm and humid, Not fun, but it was good to get it in and out of the way today.

qotd: I have one that we use for personal stuff and one that I only use for work expenses.  They both get rewards.  The work card rewards build up quickly since I put work-related airline, hotels, etc on there.  Also don't like debt, cards always paid off each month.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

No run today.  Had some things to take care of before coming into work and just didn't have the time.

QOTD: Think we have 5 cards. One doesn't get used at all, one very infrequently. The other three we use extensively. All of them have reward programs. The one I like best is the original GM card. Get 5% back up to $500.00 per year towards a new car. Think we've cashed in about $7000.00 over the years on that card.  I've paid interest on a card one time, way back in the early '90s when I had my business.  We put almost everything on the cards then pay them off every month. We are a credit card company's worst nightmare.  I can't stand debt and am another person that will buy something with 0% financing then have to force myself not to pay it off early.

Both the kids have cards and I advised them to use them every month then pay them off right away so they don't pay interest.  When DD bought her new Chevy the salesman told her this was the wrong thing to do, that to build a credit rating she should have kept a balance on it at all times. They ran her credit report and couldn't believe it when it came back in the upper 700s.  I told her that was proof she should always listen to her old man .

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Strong wins and freezing rain on Dawson Pass but the hike took me up another 2450 ft and back down.

QOTD:  have credit cards but have not had any credit card debt for over 30 years. Aside from a mortgage and car loans, I won't use credit unless I can pay in full when the statement comes in.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

I ran 4 Tuesday. We were tied up all day in meetings for the start of school.

QOTD: Yes and Yes. But it ain't as bad as it used to be.

LB2