Trailer Trash

Sunny Sundailies (Read 29 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

and happy Mother's Day to the moms!

7 easy miles into the sunrise on the bike path. Very enjoyable, and warm and reasonably humid, so I accomplished what I had set out to! Love my heat/humidity runs!

My boys camped out in their tent in the backyard last night, they came into the house early in the morning, and now they are literally flattened.  

DD arrived safely at her friend's house after prom for a sleepover, so it's a Mother's Day morning with no kids for me - not sure if I love it, but it has some perks, too. Not that I don't love my kids, but it gives me time just for myself, and (except for when I'm running), that's a rare thing in my house.

Now a quick shower, and off to work!

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

I, too had a nice 7 miler this morninig. It was at the State Park, and it was awesome being on a real trail rather than the super highway of a bike pat I usually run. It was a great run. It was a cool/foggy/misty/rainy morning. My dog was a bit annoying. Slow to start and in full "gotta stop and sniff" mode later in the run. We had a great time anyway. The woods is finally turning that early spring vibrant shade of green. AND...best of all...the mosquitoes are a no show so far.

Qotd: do you do anything special for Mother's Day? I will have dinner with my parents and sister. This is the first time my mom isn't having it at her house. It is too much for her to put on a big dinner. And it is too hard to help with toddlers.

I hope everyone has a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

Morning trailers.  I had a nice 0 miler this morning.  Haven't run for a week now.  Once the glute improved, my trouble tooth decided to act up.  Looking into my magic ball, I see a likely root canal in my near future.   Of course, this really kicked in about 5 pm on Friday with my dentist keeping regular weekday hours.

but I jumped in to say 'happy mother's day' to folks.    Even if you aren't a mom, you know at least one, probably many more, and their  kids may be the ones taking care of you in the geriatric home in the future. 

qotd:  finish my mimosa and get another one.

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work. If it's not too busy I may be able to get out and do a few laps walking around the station. I've started doing walking lunges and did over 300 maybe almost 400 on Friday. Going to do some more again today it the legs allow it.

FTYC - Sounds like the boys didn't spend much time sleeping last night.

Moon - Sounds like your pooch has learned what most of us haven't, that it's always nice to stop and smell the roses.

Runtrail - Sorry to hear about the tooth. I have a appointment on the 12th for a filling. The first one in 32 years. Going back to the same dentist that did the first fillings.

QOTD:  I stopped by my parents last night for a short visit. Both DW and I work today and DS has guard drill so that leaves DD at home by herself. DS and DD are going to take DW out for dinner later this week.

AT-runner

Tim

Looks like some of our resident mom's were the first to check in today.  Happy Mother's Day ladies!

URD for me.  Going to rest my big toe.  I'll do my planned 12 miler on Tuesday and continue the taper madness.

QOTD:  Heading to brunch with my mom and brother and sisters and some of extended kiddies.  DD#2 came home from West Virginia U to surprise DW and our other 2 kids will check in later from the west coast. After that I hope to finish opening up the pool.  It looks more like a green lagoon right now but is slowly turning blue.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy Mother's Day to all our mothers!

probably will take the day off from running; going to help my DW clean out her flower beds

qotd: talked to my Mom on the phone this morning (she was just out for a visit a couple of days ago) and will take my DW out for breakfast and then help her pull weeds

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run today as we are heading home from the Baja in which I only ran once while I was there.  I am ashamed to admit my only clean clothes are my running clothes.  Did walk the dogs an hour and half while the old man shopped a swapmeet.  Mobday time to knuckle down.

Qotd:  riding..riding..and more.  Reading and Riding.

moomnlight:  try running with two leashed beast!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Happy Mother's day to all the Mom's out there...

My DW traveled back to Korea with me, she's been here 3 days now.  I don't know if I ever mentioned that my DW and I lived in Korea before (we lived here for about 5 years, but left here about 28 years ago).  We were young kids then...  our oldest DS was 1 year old when we left here.  I've been back here a few times per year ever since and have watched the amazing progress over the years, but this is the first time my DW has been back since we left 28 years ago.  She is floored by the changes.  Yesterday we visited the two areas of the city we lived in before, very nostalgic, but again incredible changes.

I've been running when I wasn't on a plane, did 10 Saturday morning and 15 on Sunday morning, both along the flat rivers.  Today (Mon) is a SRD.

qotd: we don't do anything too special but we had a nice coffee and treat at a cozy little beachfront place yesterday (again inconceivable when we left here 28 years ago).  Then later both our DS and DD called my DW and that is all she really wanted.  :-)

tbd.