Trailer Trash

Go Griz! Saturdaily (Read 21 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

My Grizzlies travel to Fargo to take on the four time (back to back!) National Champion North Dakota Bison in second round playoff action in the FCS.  We played them at home as our season opener (non-conference) and beat them, barely- really close game.  The Grizzlies seem to have picked up their game of late, but seems the Bison have too.  Should be a good game- Go Griz!

Going to get in a 11-ish mile run in this morning and then watch the game.  I'm picking up a pair of Altai skis today to try out tomorrow in the Elkhorns, really looking forward to giving these skis a go- they are based on skis used in the Altai Mountains (SW Siberia) for 1000+ years.

qotd: have you committed to any races next season?  I haven't signed up for any yet (several you can't), but have my "list" ready to go 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Had my birthday party at work (monthly company celebration event), it was a great breakfast. Lots of gluten free stuff, yay!

Unfortunately probably no run today, just taxiing kids, getting a tree, and work. I think it's called "life" or something.

Warden: sounds like a fun day. Enjoy!

QOTD: no commitments yet, just some ideas.

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Morning!  Just fit in a slow moving 4.2 on the pool trails.   Since it's a pool we swim at only once a year, the trails seem new.  And I took a couple of new loops and saw no one.

Qotd:  totally uncommitted but am planning on a few sting races, most notably the DE triple crown in late April

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy Birthday Marie!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

5.6 on and off road miles.

Happy Birthday Couch!

Mt warden,  hope your grizzlies have a great game!

QOTD  I have not committed to anything yet, but I have a rough idea of what I would like to do.  I guess I could sign up for my first race because it's a fat ass 50 K, so if I get hurt I won't lose any money.

Daydreamer1

Probably end up with another trainer/elliptical session tonight. 30 minutes on each.

QOTD: Haven't committed to any yet, but may soon sign up for one. At this time I'm planning on the DE triple crown, just have to research it a little more. Most of the races that I normally run are on my weekend to work so I have to look for others.

NHLA

11 miles on Echo Mt.  Perfect day.

qotd    can't plan anything till foot is 100%. It is getting better every day. Frosty 50k comming up soon but don't think I'll make it.  Its a nice trail around a beautiful lake three times so its flat.

Southern Miss  just scored 14-7 agaist Western KY  USA conf. Champ.   Met my wife to be there in 1977.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Slow, easy recovery run today. A lot of tightness in my lower back. Not sure if that's from the hills or the way I sit at the computer or how I slept last night. Could be a little of all.

QOTD: Committed to HURL Elkhorn 50K and North Coast 24, but only registered for Elkhorn. NC24 registration hasn't open yet. Half a dozen or so on the radar.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Just hitting the computer between "things".  No run yet but hoping for one later.  Still need to paint the den though.

Happy B-day Marie whenever it is.  Or was.

QOTD: No commitments yet.  Would love to run a spring 50k - either Hyner or Iron Masters.  Then maybe, just maybe OC 100k in the fall but too far away to commit even mentally to anything.  I had wanted to do the Frozen Snot in January but the stupid thing sold out too quickly.  Guess it was for the best.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Skipped my run today for no good reason, just busy. Very unlike me, but got a lot done. Heading to DW"s concert in a few hours. I'll have to check FB scores on my phone.

Happy birthday month, Marie.

QOTD:  Sole Challenge 24hr. Want to add another 24 hour into the mix, but haven't decided. Working the Ironmasters 50k, but I might try to run it, too.  DW and I have our 30th anniversary next year and we were talking about doing a race in Oregon so we can also see the oldest 2 kids. Don't judge, we ran a 12hr race for our 25th and then drove to the beach. That's how we roll.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

QOTD:  Sole Challenge 24hr. Want to add another 24 hour into the mix, but haven't decided. Working the Ironmasters 50k, but I might try to run it, too.  DW and I have our 30th anniversary next year and we were talking about doing a race in Oregon so we can also see the oldest 2 kids. Don't judge, we ran a 12hr race for our 25th and then drove to the beach. That's how we roll.

Thanks for reminding me about the Sole Challenge. I'll have to see if that will work around my schedule.

As far as anniversary plans go, maybe your wife could talk to my wife and explain how romantic it would be for us to do a race together.  Next year is our 25th and DW is making the plans to celebrate it in Hawaii.  Not a bad place but very $$$$$$$$.

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning and we're having a lazy, inside day...   although I have done a few small chores as well.  I plan to run later this afternoon before dinner.

Happy birthday FTYC.

qotd: depends of how I do in the Hardrock Lottery, which starts at 10am tomorrow.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL