Trailer Trash

Traveling Mondailies (Read 32 times)

dpc3

Morning folks, hope all is well with everyone after a busy race weekend. I was on the road all last week so my running this weekend was short due to leaving again today. Sandy and Lace I don't know how you all do it sometimes. I like to travel but man it can be a drag sometimes. Anyway enough about me "How you doin?"

Got in a quick 3 before heading to the airport to catch a flight into D.C..

QOTD: Pass

LB2

Mondays are supposed to be rest days, but they rarely are. I'll probably get a few loops out this evening; I don't know how long or how far.

QOTD: Pass.

LB2

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Happy Monday All,

I ended up getting a nice long run in last night.  After a long weekend, I grabbed the hydration pack and set off in the rain for what ended up being a 19 miler.  It was a fun exploration run...I did about 8 road miles to "my" trail, headed down the trail through a section I hadn't done before, and back through a park that links to Palisades Park.  By the time I made it to the trails it was pretty dark and the new section was a lot more technical than I expected, but I survived and ended up with a really enjoyable run.  First time I've done more than 13 since the 50k I ran back in late April.

QOTD: Explored any new trails lately?

My run last night was a nice exploratory run...I've been thinking about using the "link" between the two parks for a while to get some extra mileage and/or use a different parking lot.  It ended up being a fun section so it panned out well for me.

**Ask me about streaking**

NorthernHarrier

Ahh yes, Monday. I've got me a list of things that I need to do but I'm a first class procrastinator so the list just may carry over a couple days.

So I was doing the lumberjack thing up north in the drizzle and mud and became quite the mess. Took a shower and went to put on some clean pants that I keep up there and I couldn't get them snapped. Embarrassed Yikes!  So now I'm on the "eat like a refugee" diet plan. Time to get serious I think. It was a rude awakening.

SRD today though I'll take Cloe out shortly for a couple mile jog then some weights. Long run planned for tomorrow.

QOTD--A couple weeks ago I explored a new trail system mountain biking that I hoped would give me another option up north for both running and biking. Spent 2 hours in there exploring and trying to find the magic. It sucked. Worst part was I drove right by one of my favorite systems to get there. It's great to explore but sometimes the grass is not greener.  In my two areas of existence I think I've been on about everything and I'm always rotating my spots so I'm never bored.

runtraildc

Morning!

It was a no-run weekend filled with house tasks and a LOT of garden work.  I think all of the muscles you don't use running get worked in the garden.  I've got a short run planned for tonight after work.  I think it has a 50% chance of happening since we're also getting the kids ready to leave tomorrow for a month to visit grandparents and camp.  It'll pay off--their absence should  help my running Big grin

qotd:  Just a paved section of a trail I run frequently in the winter.   Nothing special and certainly not a real trail.  With some various travel coming up, I'm looking to explore a bit these next few weeks.

LB2

QOTD: I do have some new trails that I have been running, mostly old four wheeler trails that had grown into a very dim trail. I went in with a weed whacker and stick and made them into some nice single track. I have been running them a lot lately. I do have some I want to check out, and I may do that after work today. These guys from years back spent a great deal of time on dirt bikes riding on this big loop behind my in laws house. I have been wanting to get into those for awhile now, but they are pretty cluttered now.

LB2

sugnim

Good morning all.  Rest day for me today.  I"m kind of worried about my dog.  She is refusing to eat.  I couldn't take her on our usual Sunday mountain run yesterday because she wouldn't eat her breakfast.  I don't know if she is being picky, stubborn, or if she is not feeling well.

QOTD:  I explored a new one yesterday: the Wallman Trail in the Rattlesnake Wilderness.  Lots of ripe huckleberries, lots of bear poop, and not 1 single other person.

Sandy-2

Yup dpc3, travel glamor does wear off...

it is a SRD for me. I can still feel my sore hip, but it is better than yesterday.

qotd: I was able to explore some "new to me" trails up in Silverton, CO last month. It was great, but perhaps contributed to my sore hip. Who knows though.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

7 miles this morning with the sun coming up....61* to start.  Love it.

I don't know how some of you travel and get any decent runs in either.  I guess you just get used to it like anything else.

QOTD: no but I want to explore an area here soon that I have never been to.  Not sure I will get to anytime too soon.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Snowdenrun

Good Morning!

Got back home last night from Texas. I did no running while I was gone. Zero. Instead I ate. A lot. And drank. A lot. People don't run there. They all just look like they are barley keeping from falling over. Marathon is in 6 days so I plan on getting a few runs in this week to get my legs working again.

QOTD: Nope.

Watoni

Either SRD or some threshold work on the bike ...

QOTD: Sort of. I have found a few new tweaks to my local routes, and am hoping to explore in Marin this weekend.

DigDug2

SRD for me.  My legs feel totally fine from my long (for me) run yesterday - I'm giving credit to my new Leadville 1210s.

Snowden:  I like the extreme taper approach - that works for me.

QOTD:  not really.  I occasionally explore new shortcuts or branches off of my usual trails, but stick with the same general routes.  I ran a new-to-me route yesterday with a group, which will be the course for an inaugural 10k race this fall - kind of fun, a little on the flat side.

Chnaiur

Will do six flat & easy this pm.

QOTD: About ten new trail miles on the Pacific Crest trail between Velma Lakes and Aloha Lake. Amazing views, and a very runnable trail.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Hi all,

I am extreeeemely sore today, but not from long distance running! I played a beach ultimate frisbee tournament in Wildwood, NJ. It is the largest beach ultimate tournament in the world, with about 450 teams.  It is my favorite tournament, but I am more sore today than from running a 50k! Sand running is no joke. I also ran 10 miles Friday just to try to get in some sort of longish run this week but not kill myself before the tournament. Here's a couple pics from the weekend:

Catching on offense:

Catching

And on defense, right after I blocked the other girl from getting the disc:

Defending

QOTD: Not really.... I have been slacking on my trail running in general thanks to a crazy summer schedule. I find myself going back to my usuals due to time constraints.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Late check-in, had to stay longer at work. Crazy busy at work today, but I view this as special endurance training for the 100-miler! Wink

dpc: Safe travels!

traildc: Good idea sending the kids off to the grandparents and camp. I should send mine off to the grandparents for a weekend, too - they're already in day camp (the kids, not the grandparents, LOL). Hey, then we could go for a run together! Big grin

sugnim: Best wishes for your dog, hope she'll eat soon again. One of my cats has to fast this evening, until tomorrow's vet visit (dental) - she would not eat before the deadline for fasting, but now she's going crazy miowing at my DD, trying to get her to cave in and give her some food! Smart kitty! Evil

Sandy: Have a serious talk with your body. It's just not right for it (him?) to sabotage your awesome races with hip pain, bad backs, etc.!

Snowden: You could always call it a 3-week taper, and blame "the plan" for any bad results. Clown

T&C: Nice action pictures! At first, I was wondering what that fat, 4-legged lady in the center was doing on the field, then I got my glasses cleaned and saw that it was two players... Cool

QOTD: Yesterday, my running buddy showed me a wonderful park with nice trails - great for DS to come with me on his bike, and a playground for the younger DS, too (which is convenient for DH to watch him).

As one of my nicest hilly systems is dominated by rattlesnakes now, so that I won't go there until early fall, I found some nice connecting trails between my other usual trail systems. Now I could go for 50-mile runs, or longer...

Run for fun.