Trailer Trash

Mild Monday (Read 25 times)

LB2

SRD.

QOTD: What is the prettiest run you have ever gone on solo?

I would have to say that I ran a route up to Tadpole Ridge in the Gila NF in 2015 that was just unbelievably gorgeous. I see why Micah True liked that area so much.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

good weekend of snowshoeing; more new snow as I speak- the weatherman said we should be getting a break around mid May

strength training this evening

qotd: solo- probably one of my long runs in the Crazy Mountains- it’s like running in the Alps, but without cows or people 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Sitting at work. Really need a run but obviously none today.

QOTD:  A short section of the Dam Full course was along a creek through old growth forest. That was nice at any time of the year but especially in the fall.  If I want to only count a full run, not just a small part of a run,  then I would have to say the Grand Canyon from the south rim to the river and back.   PA has a lot of nice scenery on the trails but the problem is that so much of a run may be rather boring and unscenic then you find the gem.

XtremeTaper

Cold and blustery today. Will do the gym thing at lunch, perhaps a short evening run on the local trail if the wind stops gusting. I reserve the right to pansy out on the run though.

QOTD: Had to think about that. Most of my "adventure/scenic" runs have been with other people or part of a race. I've run solo in Costa Rica, Belize, USVI, Bahamas, Jamaica, maybe a few others but no great scenery there other then trail that took me fairly close to Volcana Arenal in Costa Rica and the view up high of the Virgin Islands and sea off the Caneel Hill trail on St. John. Did solo runs in Sequoia and also Palo Duro Canyon in TX. Sequoia was more of short winter hike though due to injuries. I guess I will go with Palo Duro Canyon in TX.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD. Hope Philadelphia survives all the parties. Good game.

QOTD: As with XT, most of my spectacular runs have been with someone.  The one solo run that I'll always remember was a run in Killarney National Park, Ireland, 2006.  I was jet-lagged and woke up before the sun and saw there was a cinder trail not far from the B&B.  I ran past the Irish countryside and saw some spectacular lakes and then popped up on the ruins of Muckross Abbey. I came from an from an angle were you couldn't see the parking lot, so it just appeared out of the mist. It was very magical and I'll always remember walking the ruins, all by myself, and then feeling so energized on my run back to the B&B.

Muckross Abbey (not my picture)

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Devan is a 100 miler.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Devan is a 100 miler.

Now she need to perfect the Warden smile, she looks way too happy.

Congratulations, Devan.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I knew she could do it, Sandy.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn't run long this weekend and thought I would run the 6 this am with the group (which I did) but then head back out for another 9.  Didn't happen, wasn't in the mood and just said duck it.    Gym at lunch...I have 19 days until I will be in a swimsuit...

QOTD:  Why does it have to be solo???  A Mt Bike ride outside Durango comes to mind ...wait that was a bike ride and Mike was with me.  hmmm the Zion run in trails fest was ...shit more people again... solo hhmmm does a dog count...cause I usually have a dog with me...Hike's in the redwoods...Hikes at Glacier...

Sandy:  You need to give us a pacer report.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I battled a stupid cold over the weekend.  I ran anyway on Saturday and had a good run but then Sunday I wussed out.  Still feeling it a bit - affecting my sinuses and down into my teeth .  I hope to get in some miles tonight but may have to be at the gym since our roads are trashed from snow/rain and now below freezing temps.

Congrats Devan - that is awesome! She doesn't even look tired in the picture.

AT - I was certain yesterday, before the game, that the city (Philly) was going to get trashed no matter what the outcome.  And while my team did not win, it was an entertaining game.

QOTD: I had lots of runs where it wasn't so much about the location as it was the weather and/or time of year.  The ones that stick out were snow runs or spring runs when the bluebells covered the forest floor. There is one location that sticks out to me though which was running up and down the PA Grand Canyon.  I had the trail down to myself because I slipped past the rangers to hit the trail before it opened.  I wasn't so lucky on my way up as lots of people were making their way down.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Reading between the lines, Devan is Sandy-2's daughter, and she just did a 100 miler?  With Sandy-2 pacing?  Wow, big congrats!  Yes a pacer report is definitely in order.

Short joggity jog yesterday, SRD today.  Trying to motivate myself to do some core work.  Apparently I'm not very persuasive.  

QOTD: I'm not very adventurous when I'm solo... don't want to run into weirdos when I'm alone.  Not talking about anyone here!    Pretty places that I've run solo: the Marin Headlands and Purisima Canyon.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

QOTD:  Why does it have to be solo???  A Mt Bike ride outside Durango comes to mind ...wait that was a bike ride and Mike was with me.  hmmm the Zion run in trails fest was ...shit more people again... solo hhmmm does a dog count...cause I usually have a dog with me...Hike's in the redwoods...Hikes at Glacier...

It doesn't "have" to be... It can be whatever.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Not so sure about the "mild". High was 18 degrees here today, with wind chill in the morning of -5. But pretty with all that snow.

I went for a walk today, just 2 miles, but I'll be snowshoeing tomorrow over the mountain.

Sandy: Congratulations to Devan!!

QOTD: Remaining with the winter theme, I once ran in the Vienna Forest when it was all in deep snow and frosted over with huge amounts of frost. Huge icycles and frost buildup on the trees, bushes and rocks, and a foot of powder on the ground. Gorgeous!

Run for fun.