Trailer Trash

HUMP Day (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Let me clarify.  I am a dog person.  Area does mean a lot (thanks Bert-o).  We live in a suburban residential area every it seems everyone has a dog or two.  I get that dogs need to pee and poop.  But why let your dog meander 15-20 feet into someone's yard to do so.  Take control of your dog.  I don't have a huge issue with this just a select few people.  BTW - we have a dog.  And yes she was a puppy once.

Now cats are a different story.  We have a colony of feral cats in our neighborhood (at least 10).  They are super annoying.  The township won't get involved.  We have at least three people that feed them.  I bought a trap and one of these days I will bait it and use it.  (don't worry - it's a catch and release trap).

Just busting your chops on the dog issue. 100% agree it's area dependent. My brother goes ape shit when a dog pees in his yard (and yes they have a dog). He lives in Baltimore Suburbia in a Country Club community.

We have barn cats all over. They have programs to catch and spay / neuter and release around here.  We've done it and population is about 1/2 of what it was.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Dr Jamie, are you posting on letsrun now too?  http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=9028794

Big grin

Sandy - Have a great trip and race this weekend. Jealous a little bit, but sort of set in my slacker 7-10 mile ways now. Hope you have a great race!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

DW has been sick for a few days and Tiny Elvis hasn’t been out, so took him out for 4-ish miles yesterday evening- doubled as a recovery hike too

might hit the gym this evening, might feel guilty and take Tiny E out, might do nothing 

got the bison meat on racks aging it and will butcher this weekend, lots of really good looking meat!

qotd: we have a few folks walking dogs by our place, as long as they are picking up after their dog, I’m fine. If I happened to see someone not picking up, I’m not overly shy and would tell them it would be in their best interest to pick it up

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's national complain about your neighbor's dog pooping in your yard in a running forum day - didn't you know that? 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm trying to decide my goals for the rest of the year and I'm tentatively thinking of running Piedmont 8-Hour on 10/27, registering for Crook Road on 11/17 but intending to run only 12 hours, then run another 24-hour race at ATY, probably 12/28, the first day. Any thoughts on that considering the 38.8 miles at NC 24 put me close to my current limits?

Will run later tonight barring t-storms. It got up to a muggy 80 this afternoon, so I deferred until this evening.

qotd: Apartment dweller, so yard is not an issue.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

moonlightrunner

Heading out soon for a night run. The weather here is fabulous. Right now I am watching the supposed "leader" of the free world speak...and now my stomach hurts.

QOTD: dog poop and pee are two things I don't think much about. I do think in residential areas people should clean up the poop.

Wow...a lot of cat haters here. At least they bury their poop .as for the hunting...I dont want them under my bird feeder...because my cats are already there and there is not enough room.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k