Trailer Trash

Fridailies (Read 35 times)

The pooch and I got out and ran 4 miles of trail early before the ice turned to slop. Especially since I got my Kahtoola Microspikes, I'd rather run on the ice than in the slush.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning!  My shin is acting up, so I'll take it easy today.  A couple of miles on the treadmill and a strength workout.   We are warming up here (unseasonably), so I'm looking forward to getting out into the woods tomorrow.

qotd:  Any favorite treats/eats this holiday season?  I made some layered peppermint bark (with dark & white chocolate) and it turned out delicious!

Have a good day, trailers!

QOTD:  So hard to pick...  I love sweets and there are so many to choose from during the holiday season...

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

Just got back from a job interview, I was offered the position and start after the

holidays. (pending the background check). I'm stoked.

Its very warm here, patio thermometer reads 59*, so I'm heading out in my shorts

for an easy 6.

QOTD: I used to love egg nog as a kid and rum balls, and lemon pie. My DW makes

a mean baklava.

Occasional Runner

I did a 20 mile tempo ride on my spin bike followed by a 5 mile trail run. The snow is deep and I desperately need some more people to get out and pound them down. It was a tough 5 miles.

QOTD: Not really.

Occasional Runner

Just got back from a job interview, I was offered the position and start after the

Congratulations Jon. Celebrate accordingly!

jonferg67

Endless trails

TT: Got any tips for sizing on the Kahtoola's, I wear a size 11 trail shoe and it looks

like 11 is on the cusp of Med/Lrg.

Daydreamer1

I'm stiff and sore this morning. I think it's from running 3 days in a row. I haven't done that in quite a while. Heading out for another 6+ miles on the road in a few minutes.

Went to the airport last night to pick up DS. I'm glad this was the week he came home and not the past several weeks. Didn't have single flight delay anywhere.

Jon - Congratulations on the new job.

QOTD: I'm kind of like TT, there's almost too many sweets to pick from, but the one thing that I do grab first are the cookies with the small peanut butter cups in the middle.

Occasional Runner

TT: Got any tips for sizing on the Kahtoola's, I wear a size 11 trail shoe and it looks

Jon- I'm a 9 and wear medium. I feel like they would work up to a 10, but 11 seems like a Large to me.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Jon- I'm a 9 and wear medium. I feel like they would work up to a 10, but 11 seems like a Large to me.

That's was I leaning toward, time for a trip to Eastern Mountain Sports. Thanks for the tip and congrats.

runtraildc

Congratulations on the new job, Jon!  I'm guessing a celebratory pair of Kahtooolas are in order, right?

jonferg67

Endless trails

Congratulations on the new job, Jon!  I'm guessing a celebratory pair of Kahtooolas are in order, right?

Absolutely! How else would a dedicated trail runner celebrate.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Congratulations Jon...good luck at passing that background check...I hope they don't do an internet search. 

No run today..

QOTD:  Red Wine..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dpc3

Got in 8 snowy, icy, ankle turning miles with the wife on the Delaware Canal path. We then proceed to go to WaWa for a hoagie, chocolate milk, and soft pretzel. Tonight it's Delorenzo's Pizza followed by beer. I'm carb loading for something just not sure what yet. Can you say long run tomorrow!

Chnaiur

Congratulations Jon!

Doing three miles and a little weights today. Need to stay fresh to ski 9 out of the 10 coming days :-)

QOTD: I love Christmas, and especially all the traditional Swedish treats:

Mulled red wine with cognac, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, almonds and raisins

Gingerbread cookies

Saffron buns

Two different kinds of caramel

Chocolate covered almond paste

If I ski all day and go to the gym in the evening I should be able to burn it off, no? :-0

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k