Trailer Trash

Where is everyone Wednesday? (Read 20 times)

Sandy-2

Bert-o: Yup, down here in TX she knows about dark colors. Unfortunately she went into the race that year a little under the weather, she just didn’t know it at the start, only realized it a few days later when the conditions ramped up. She had gels and s-caps, but it didn’t help, she is carrying more fluids this time. By the way the food and water supplied are "sketchy" at best, the first year she came back with Giardia.  BTW, last weekend she and her friend did afternoon back-to-back 50 mile rides on Saturday and Sunday in the 95 deg temps.  The each used 2 horses each day (8 total between the two of them). They both are loosely associated (my DD used to work there and her friend is the Vet) with a woman with a ranch who has about 70 horses.

Looking forward to the weekend trip, I’ll probably be out of touch.

AT: Yeah, I guess that's a better photo of Devan and the ponies than the puking ones. 

Jamie: as others have said it’s on Hulu and Amazon.

FTYC: Very sadly the rider that is mentioned at the end took his own life a year or so after the filming. The guy with the broken vertebrae can walk but has some paralysis. The woman with the punctured lung and fractured pelvis fully recovered.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Glad I wasn't looking for All the Wild Horses on NF then.  I do have Amazon Prime so I will find it on there, thanks!

Marie - so sorry to hear about your parents.  I know that must have been tough to leave.  But so good to hear you got to see them.  Those memories will always be with you now. Do your kids ever get to skype or facetime with your parents? I know it's not the same but better then nothing.

Bert - Stone Mill 50 miler in November in Maryland.  Same day as JFK this year.  I have run it three times and am hopeful my body starts responding enough soon to jump into it again this year.  There is also Tussey 50 miler in State College PA - usually sometime in October.  Marie & Craig have both run that.  I like the way you think btw - Manitou's Revenge looks like pure awesomeness.  It has been on my short list since it started.  Maybe next year for me as well????

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Dr Jamie - Thanks for the additional race recommendations!  I like the Stone Mill 50, since it's close to DW's parents.  Is there any reason to favor that race over JFK?  They're both trail and have a 13 hour cut-off.  JFK sounds like it may have a larger field though.  I like the time of year the race is in too.  Weather should be nice.  Definitely hope to see you at a race this year, and perhaps next!

Rocky - I guess in your parents' eyes, you're always a child.  The inner family dynamics can be very interesting, to say the least.

FTYC - I'm with you on your struggles.  I lost my dad years ago after a long battle with dementia.  Now DW is dealing with the same with her father.  I just hope you were able to spend quality time with your parents while you were there and get to focus a bit on the positives and not worry (too much) about the negative.  All the best to you!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

Dr Jamie - Thanks for the additional race recommendations!  I like the Stone Mill 50, since it's close to DW's parents.  Is there any reason to favor that race over JFK?  They're both trail and have a 13 hour cut-off.  JFK sounds like it may have a larger field though.  I like the time of year the race is in too.  Weather should be nice.  Definitely hope to see you at a race this year, and perhaps next!

JFK is only on trail for 13 miles. 26.3 miles are on the C&O Towpath (Borepath) and the start and end are on road. It's a nice race to do once or twice, just for the historic aspect, but not my favorite course.

Stone Mill course is very nice and runnable and put on by some really good people. Start and finish are the same place, so no hard logistics to work out like with JFK.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

GC100k

JFK is only on trail for 13 miles. 26.3 miles are on the C&O Towpath (Borepath) and the start and end are on road. It's a nice race to do once or twice, just for the historic aspect, but not my favorite course.

Stone Mill course is very nice and runnable and put on by some really good people. Start and finish are the same place, so no hard logistics to work out like with JFK.

Also note that Stone Mill registration is $46 and JFK is $250.

I plan to do Stone Mill if an October marathon doesn't kill me.

GC100k

15 miles on the road this morning.

QOTD: Feeling great. Don't know if my biorhythms (remember those?) are up or something, but I've felt especially good the past couple weeks. I've done over 50 miles in a week maybe twice ever and I noticed today that I've done 64 miles in the past 7 days.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT & GC - Thanks for the additional info!  Will definitely favor Stone Mill.

GC - Excellent 7 day streak!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours