Trailer Trash

FuhFuhFuh Tuesdaily---would of sound better if it was Friday but... (Read 16 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Fuh fuh freezing that is!  Brrh...would have blown the run off if it wasn't for the dogs needing to be in the house all day.  Sleeping with a cold sucks.  But the plus side of a cold is the awesome snot rockets!.  Me and the boys ran 5 miles this am.  Light dusting of snow on the ground.  Our dead trees are coming down today.

QOTD:  Is the cup half full or empty and how does your significant other see it?  My cup is half full.  I think I have had a very good life.  I have been with my husband for 25 years and if you would ask him we have struggled.    Take this tree thing, sure the bark beetle killed 8 of our trees but at least the utility company is taking them down for free.   Where as my husband is worried that the rest of the trees we get it, that the whole county will lose all there trees, that a huge fire will sweep though this tinder box, that the value of our house will go down etc.etc. etc.

PS...well the hell is everyone?!?!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Hi Queenie, "Fuh Fuh Fuh - it"   is what I said this morning !!!!  Slept in, so I plan to run after work - more heat training for me.

qotd: I'm definitely a half-full guy, my DW tends to worry more but I wouldn't say she's a half-empty girl though.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Plan is for 7 miles tonight at Green Lane with the Lady. I will run the blue trails tonight since I did the red yesterday. I had a somewhat decent run last night in grey chilly conditions. Getting close to back to normal/recovered in the running department. Very mild today. Springlike.

QOTD: I guess half full for both of us. I worry about some things, but not overly so and compared to many we are doing better than fine.

PS. I scared everyone away with a race report.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Gator eye

Mr Jangles kept my pace at bay for a slow easy 8. Frozen mud everywhere, makes for some tough footing in the dark.

QOTD: most of the time Im a half full kind of guy but once and awhile some dark clouds move in and I get pretty grumpy. ( at least thats what the old lady tells me)

AT-runner

Tim

Easy few miles this morning before going to dentist to try and get crown put back on my tooth.  She said tooth had some decay and so I need a new crown.  Going back Thursday for that fun. Old one is gold, so maybe I can sell it to help pay for the new one.

QOTD:  As Queen can probably attest, DW and I are both half-full people.  My office manager always says my glass is 3/4 Full because I never get flustered with bad news. It's really because she's a 1/4 Full and worries about everything, as in being out of toner is the end of the world.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'm going to fuh, fuh, freeze my b@11$ off this evening but plan on 5-ish anyways

qotd: I'll complain about weather, the Grizzlies losing a game, traffic and other trivial stuff, but I'm definitely a half full; actually more of "my cup runneth over" person. I've been extremely blessed my entire life and hope my family feels the same.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Another day taking it real easy with some walking mixed in a 4.25 mile effort. Achilles feels decent again now but my left hamstring was feeling a little balky. I'll try some roller therapy though I don't think it's anything more than getting all my moving parts back into the groove following the long layoff.  I think I'll have a long work day tomorrow so I'll plan a rest day.

QOTD--I guess I always thought the glass half full vs empty was more of an optimistic vs pessimistic thing. So by the definition I'm seeing here I would be way full. I have life made and never worry. Handle whatever stress  comes along well. DW too. I'm the dreamer and she's the detailer. Works well. She would be an optimist and she would probably call me a pessimist though I would use the term "realist". No worries. 

Daydreamer1

Spent a long day on the road. Just when I started crossing the Mississippi at Memphis the wind really picked up and now we're floating down river towards New Orleans and LB2 . Ok not quite that bad, but I was concerned that a truck might get pushed into me it was blowing that hard.  The next 60 miles to our motel was one of being pushed all over the place by the wind. Made me wish I was riding a bike with the wind at my back.

Driving this far made me realize why I got out of the trucking business. It wasn't because I hate driving , I love it. It's because my body doesn't like to sit for long periods. My legs are seriously hurting.

XT - Congrats on the 2nd place.

QOTD: 3/4 empty. Murphy's law. Anything that can go wrong will most likely go wrong, at least just enough to cause me stress.  DW is about neutral in this.

LB2

I ran a total of 7 on Tuesday.

QOTD: I am definitely a half full person. For example, over the last month, I have bought 8 new tires (4 for my wife's Traverse/4 for my Mazda truck). Last Friday, I noticed I had a flat. I had run over a nail. I was a little bit annoyed, but then I quickly realized that it was much better to notice the flat under my carport than to have a blow out on the highway. I got the tire fixed, no big deal. However, I do seem to have some bad luck along the way; I just take it in stride and roll with it. Things always work themselves out.

LB2