Trailer Trash

Monday, Mondallies (Read 16 times)

muppy

5.6 on the hill and trails behind my work.

QOTD  When do you start wearing gloves to run.

I break them out usually in the mid 40s.  The rest of me is pretty warm so I'll run in a T-shirt and gloves for a few weeks.

LB2

SRD on Mondays, but sometimes I run anyway. I did not this morning.

QOTD: Usually, I don't break them out until the mid 40's. I did wear them on both my longish runs this weekend, and it was in the low 50's. The dew points have lowered, but I can still feel quite a bit of moisture in the air. I think Sunday morning it was a dew point in the mid 40's with a temperature of 51, but the humidity was at 75%. I could feel it.

LB2

XtremeTaper

No run today. I will get to the planet of fitness after work for strength and stretching. I did manage 2 decent runs this weekend (11 on Saturday, 9 yesterday) on the trails with the Lady. Crisp but pleasant fall weather. Left knee is getting better as I found my PT tip sheet post knee surgery from 2011. The exercises seem to be working out the swelling and gunk around the joint. Still no idea what I did to it but I did have some pretty hard falls on the knee back in August plus ran a month or so on old shoes.

QOTD: Mid to lower 40's. I did take them with me for a run this weekend but didn't use them.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Have a few things to do around the house then I'm thinking about a nice bike ride. Holding off on any real running until later in the week.  Probably looking at a 20-25 mile ride.

QOTD: Whenever  the hands get cold.  And that can vary widely. Sometimes I'm wearing them around 60. Other times it will be in the low 40s to high 30s and I'll be gloveless.  It really depends on my overall hydration status, if I've been using hand cream, or if I've been working outside a lot.  Probably have some Raynaud's in them.

AT-runner

Tim

Only did a few miles yesterday.  I was pretty sore form my falls on Saturday so just ran to get the heart rate up.

QOTD:  I have several thicknesses of gloves that I use.  I wear the cheap thin pairs in the low 50's and usually wear them for a mile or two before stuffing them in my pack. Saturday was in low 30's and I had gloves on for the first 5 and lat 5 miles.  The middle miles were very hilly and that heated me up and I took them off, once we hit a flat section the wind hit me and I put them back on.  I can wear shorts all winter long, but my hands need to be warm.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run this morning as my run yesterday was late afternoon.  Not sure about tonight yet.  Maybe the gym???  Haven't been there in a while.  Did anyone see the super moon last night? It was cool as it rose - a bit orange and was huge.  Then once it was higher in the sky it looked like a bright flashlight.  DW saw a picture on FB from a friend who got some good pictures of the super moon rising while at Chincoteague - with the lighthouse right next to the mood.  Super cool!

QOTD: Uh...a month ago.  Like AT, I have various thicknesses of gloves.  I have been wearing a thin pair but my run on Saturday was pretty cold.  I should have gone with my mittens! or glove/mitten thingies - whatever they are.  My hands get cold rather quickly (Ranaud's) so I need to be careful.  I do not usually go by temp but by feel.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run...flying home...lot's if sutting around.

qotd:  umm 50...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Did 9 yesterday, then did some final stuff on the bathroom project.  Workers are laying the floor today, then it'll be basically done.

Today is a SRD.

qotd: I go by feel, down here I guess it will be a while.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL