Trailer Trash

Another Wet Wednesday (Read 22 times)

AT-runner

Tim

All those people who said "we need the rain" can stop it now.

Drizzly run planned over lunch.  Will have to stick to the roads since Battlefield trails are all mud and puddles and I don't want to add to any trail damage.

DS come home for a few days tomorrow. I'll pick him up at Dulles Airport around 4:00, so on the way I have time for a run on a section of the C&O that I never get to.  If all goes well, I'll run north from Point of Rocks to where the AT hits the C&O (also where the JFK50 comes off the AT and starts north on the C&O).  Would be a 20 miler RT.

QOTD:  Do you plan trail runs around other activities (like an airport pickup)?  Yes, for me.  DW and I do this a lot and it;'s how I do a lot of trail exploration. Then if I like the area. I'll go back at a later date.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Hey, been MIA for a few days.  Ran last night but had not run prior to that since last Thursday.  Just so much to do and seemed like a good time to take a short break.

AT - enjoy your run! I am taking full advantage of the rain and put down a whole bunch of grass seed in some areas that need it.  So a few more days would help me out a lot.

QOTD: I try to do some as I travel to meetings in other counties.  My drives can be long so I usually end those days working at home so I take my "lunch break" and hit a trail on the way home.  Having said that, tomorrow may turn out to be one of those days. 

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

10 miles on the rail trail last night.

AT,  I second being sick of the rain, looks like rain for a few more days though .

QOTD   I try to whenever I can.  A month or two ago I took my girlfriend to the Philadelphia airport. I stopped at French Creek State Park on the way back and  Valley Forge on the way to pick her up. 

LB2

I'll get out for 5 after work today. I ran about 2.5 with the dog yesterday. I am starting to build back up my running base after a short break. So, after running a few 100's and several more ultras, I decided it was high time I bought a book to explain how I should do these things. Actually, I just wanted to get a new book about running. So, I picked up the Kindle version of Relentless Forward Progress and found a couple of pretty good training plans. In fact, one was very similar to the one I came up with myself for my first 100 miler, which worked out pretty good. After that, I sort of just winged it and have only had a DNF on one, which was due to complete stupidity on my part. Anyway, the book would be a great one for someone who has never run an ultra. But the training plan was worth the $7.99 or whatever it was.

QOTD: I always think about doing that and work it out whenever possible. Last year, I really sort of screwed my buddies over by planning our New Mexico turkey hunting trip to have us arrive 4 days prior to the season starting so I could run in the mountains. I said we could get three solid days of scouting in prior to the season starting and three solid hunting days. All the killing was on the last day and a half. We should have waited a week or two before heading up there when the hens had gone to set and hunted longer. But everyone left happy, and most of us had a turkey. Actually, the only reason we didn't all kill a turkey was because one of the guys wanted to get his son a shot, so he passed an easy shot and his son missed. So, I took the son with me the last morning and he didn't miss. But, his dad was left turkey-less. That was a fun trip.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I did get in a concrete jungle run yesterday... It wasn't that bad.  Funny to actually run with the only stops being red lights...when I run with the dogs there sure is is a lot of stopping and hill walking.  I plan to skip a class here and do an afternoon run.

QOTD:  i always try to find trails when I am going somewheree.  I located a park here on the map but my sense of direction being what it is.. I went left when I should of gone left.

LB2: how to take a question about trails and make it about turkeys!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

7 miles with the Lady last night on the trails of Green Lane, the blue trails. A bit of a sloppy mess out there but the legs felt good and it was a fun run. I am waffling where to run tonight. I might {gasp} do a road run and try to mow the damn yard. Depends if the rain picks up. Right now it's just mist. I might be able to mow if the rain stays at mist level. Oh, did planet of fitness routine at lunch.

QOTD: Yes, definitely. I had to travel to Allentown in March (remember March, we had spring weather then!) and the second day I had a run planned on some new trails after our work meeting. Next week I am going down to MMT to volunteer. Of course I am leaving Friday so I have the day to wander some mountain trails.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

LB2: how to take a question about trails and make it about turkeys!!!

It seemed to fit perfectly for me. I built my hunting trip around running trails in the mountains. I need to go back because I missed a very long "loop trail" through the Gila NF on that trip. I didn't run far enough to get to the connector because I started too late in the day.

LB2

Gator eye

I had a thought during this mornings run about something I've taken advantage of for quite a few years now and I feel thanks should be given where it's due.

Thanks Mr Bigfoot for allowing me to run at all hours of the night without jumping out and scaring the snot out of me. I know if the rolls were reversed I would probably not be so kind.

oh and those space men that follow me around with the strange lights, thanks for not me beaming me up for space experiments.

Ok I feel better now. 10 weirded out miles this morning at 3:30.

QOTD: I try but usually if I'm traveling the wife is with me and she don't have time for me to run down every strange trail I see. Her words not mine.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

We'll take everyone's rain  Got a decent run in yesterday evening, too warm, but I survived. I think that will be my last run of the week, race this weekend.

I did bike to work and will strength train this evening.

qotd: I don't travel much in my current job, but will always scope out potential trails ahead of time if I do

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Keep Going

Totally agree AT. This mushroom weather gets old. Day after day of the overcast rainy humid clammy stuff. Makes you really appreciate the sunny nice days for sure. Got in 6 taper tempo miles on the blacktop around the hood.

qotd: I would definitely do it if I traveled for business for sure but I don't go anywhere for work but to work so no. That really is a great way to explore a new trail though. I'm kind of jealous now!  I lead such a drab and boring life! haha

100 milers are my favorite

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Wednesday intervals at the track with the club - short and fast:

5 sets of 300m, 200m, 100m increasing pace as the distance gets shorter, 100m walk recoveries

QOTD: Since I have to drive to get to trails, I try to plan those runs so I can do shopping and other errands on the way home,

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.