Trailer Trash

Travelling Thursday (Read 14 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Getting ready to fly to Calgary for my race on Saturday, another with lots of hills and great scenery, so a challenge for me.

qotd: Best destination race you've run? What made it so great? Despite the DNF last year, for scenery alone the HURL Elkhorm 50K has to be my choice. Besides I could combine that with a visit to my favorite national park, Glacier.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

muppy

Got in 5.7 miles on the  riverfront path.

QOTD,  The farthest I've gone for a race is Philadelphia for a couple of the dirty Germans.  I try to make it more of a fun weekend for the wife,  then I run Sunday morning and that's about it.

XtremeTaper

No run today. I did walk the Lady about 2 miles last night. I plan to hit the driving range this evening to work on my golf ball striking. It seemed a bit off this past weekend. Decided to clarify that one a bit.

QOTD: Superior Sawtooth 100 in northern MN on the shores of Lake Superior. A shame I was racing in all honesty. Trip to Bend last year with no racing and just running was more scenic and more fun. But for a race, definitely Superior.

WC - I hope you have a good race, more importantly a good time and safe travels!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

No running today. Knee is still sore. Making appointment with ortho since this is same knee I had scoped a few years ago. Might bike a bit and see how that feels.

George - Good luck at the race. Don't stress the hills, just move with purpose.

QOTD:  Hard to beat Trailfest last year with 3 great National Parks (Bryce, Zion and North Rim of GC) + meeting up with Sue, but Pikes Peak was special and we had a crystal clear day so I could see for miles.  Best non race destination is R2R2R.  It was so special because we ran on a Monday and only saw 6-7 people on the trail the whole time, and they we all on our return trip.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Yesterday's lunchtime run was a killer (route near the office is in the full sun, no real shade available), I think that option is done until next fall, or on a very cloudy day. I'll probably run after work today, lots of shade where I live.

qotd: it's a tossup between Leadville and Hardrock - mountains!!!!  I would have added UTMF, but since it rained the whole weekend the scenery wasn't so great.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got up early and grabbed Tiny E and my headlamp for 3.5-ish miles

qotd: hmmmm- that's really a tough one- almost all of my races are mountain races with spectacular scenery- the Devils Backbone is definitely high on the pretty scale

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Got up early, dressed, drove to the pool/trailhead. And then went to get some coffee and waited out swim practice.  I don't know what my problem was. I will get out later this afternoon and get in the easy 3 I was supposed to do earlier.

qotd: a half marathon in northern MN (along the Gunflint trail and theboundary waters, just north of XT's Superior race). It was with older DS when he turned 13.  I've been all over the US, and the scenery never fails to take my breath away.  And there's always good pie to be found, being Minnesota and all.

AT-runner

Tim

Ortho Visit = popliteus tendinitis.  No running for 2-3 weeks   (sounds familiar, XT). And when I do run again, no downhill training for 6 weeks.

Good news is x-rays look awesome and no signs of any arthritis. Surgeon was pleased with himself since he did the previous meniscus surgery.  Says I can bike, so looks like I'll be getting bike legs working again.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Got in 21.75 miles. Did that at the Hess field trails which is where the Montour 12 hour race is held. Can't run the exact same loop because they open up a section of trail that's currently overgrown and put in a bridge over the creek for the race. This loop is just over 2.5 miles with some pavement.  Didn't go the best. I walked the first two miles with DW and DD so they knew how the trail wound thru the development, then I started running.  Turned an ankle at ~ mile four. There was a truck parked along the street delivering stuff to a convenience store so I ran into the fire company's lawn and somehow found a tuft of grass or a tiny, tiny divot and  flopped over my left ankle .  Hobbled for about 2/10s of a mile, walked another 2/10s, then gingerly started to run. By mile 10-11 it gave up protesting and quit hurting. It's only about the 5 millionth ankle roll I've had. Actually had a pretty decent run as I didn't do much walking and my legs held up good until about mile 19. Still have a lot of work to do before the 22nd of the month.

George - Safe travels. Enjoy the Calgary area, some beautiful areas up there. Just take what the course gives you and enjoy the day.

QOTD: Haven't really run any out of the area races. But I have traveled to bike in two. Riding up Mt Washington NH was by far the best. What made it great was the entire experience, from the training, the research, the prep of the bike to going up for a practice ride which was in 40 mph winds with a temp of 32 at the top. The icing on the cake was that I was only about 2 minutes from getting onto the podium. If I hadn't made a rookie mistake and over dressed and then overheated I have no doubt I would have finished a solid third in my AG. A very beautiful ride.   Also went to CO and rode MT Evans but didn't really even try to race it. For some reason that no O2 thing bothers me.

The best destination run was the Grand Canyon south rim to ranch back to south rim.  For some reason I really like running in that ditch.