Trailer Trash

sluggish Thursday (Read 20 times)

runtraildc

Morning folks.  It's a slow moving Thursday for me and I haven't run.  Got in a short (under 2) jaunt around the neighborhood last night.  This week has been an unintentional cut-back week, with just running very short runs every day. It feels kinda good.  I've also been getting in more strength and flexibility training, which has been needed.  I'm heading to yoga at lunch and a run is planned for swim practice. How far, not sure.

qotd: Any quick and easy meals that you're eating a lot of lately? I'm planning to make my version of eggs ranchero tonight for dinner-- scrambled eggs, chorizo sausage, potatoes, corn, black beans and bell peppers.  Topped with homemade chipotle salsa.  It's fast, easy and filling.  And the kiddos like it.  Leftovers are always good, too.

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I had a pretty decent 7 miler last night on the hilly trails of Coventry Woods. It's been a few weeks since I've run any really decent hills. Really nice crisp cool but pleasant fall conditions. Some leafy spots on the trails now, and the Lady's paws could be heard skittering about for most of the run. Knee feels great last night, and I ran a pretty regular pace for the loop, but then had a bit of back pain coming down the final hill. It faded away when the trail flattened out, but it's seems like always something this month for me. I will count myself lucky though after seeing that other thread. Today, rainy, grey and drizzly. I am contemplating a short lunchtime road run.

QOTD: I made a big batch of spaghetti sauce and that is pretty quick especially the 2nd night. Plus it tastes even better that second day.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

I hoped to be done by now, but still waiting on a break in the rain to get out.  Was pouring down pretty good this morning when I had planed to go, so here I sit all dressed up and nowhere to go. When it clears, looks like a road run unless I want to go skating on slick leaf covered rocks.

QOTD:  We've been eating a lot of perogies. Slice onions, green peppers and red peppers. Cook with the perogies in some olive oil and garlic and at the end throw in some spinach.  Ends up being a perogie topped salad since we go hard on the veggies. Pinch of sea salt at the end and you're all set. Since we're empty nesters, a bag of perogies lasts 2-3 meals.  DW wants to make homemade perogies but hasn't tried yet.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

7 nice cool miles yesterday.

I passed a guy while running and  when he came back he said do you remember me?  I had no idea who he was.  It was a really good friend from high school he went into the Army  and I followed the grateful dead around for a while so we haven't seen each other for 25 years, was a nice suprise!

QOTD  we've been making chicken salad a lot, throw some grapes, apples,  mandarin oranges, nuts and craisins and an easy supper.

LB2

I took off today to got to lunch with my youngest daughter, 4th grader. I ran 4.3 and early voted. Looks like October will be my highest mileage of the year.

QOTD: I have a few recipes for chili that are quick and easy. Actually, it isn't a recipe. I just throw it all together, a little bit different every time.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yesterday. Hopefully tonight but legs are barking at me. Unsure why.

muppy - that's really cool he recognized you.

LB2 - I bet your DD appreciated that.  It reminds me I owe my DD a date.

QOTD: Things have been a little crazy since the beginning of the school year.  DW has been working close to f/t hours.  And with kids sports practices, we are always on the go.  There's been lots of tacos, pizza, etc.   The kids don't seem to complain about that.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

I took off today to got to lunch with my youngest daughter, 4th grader.

An excellent reason to miss a run.

AT-runner

Tim

I passed a guy while running and  when he came back he said do you remember me?  I had no idea who he was.  It was a really good friend from high school he went into the Army  and I followed the grateful dead around for a while so we haven't seen each other for 25 years, was a nice suprise!

DD#1 and DS are heading to Vegas to see Phish this weekend.  They would have been right besides you following the Dead. DD#1 has seen Phil Lesh many times as he goes to Portland OR often and plays Dead music with the Portland Symphony.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got my ass out of bed and got in a little over 5.  Yea thanks for waking me up Jack...I skipped he's third pee so when he got up just before 7 I rushed him out the door and then thought might as well run.  Beat the rain...was a cool run with evide3nce of a storm moving in.

Gorge Waterfall 100K...Karah got in and I did not.   so I will be signing up for the 50K Gorge Waterfall and hope to see AT and his DW there.   I will also save $60 and still see the full course... that is if I get in..another lottery. 

QOTD:  Well I've been doing this thing where I take black beans, chopped jalapeno, cilantro and cheddar cheese and roll it in a burrito and then wrap it in saran wrap.  So they are in the fridge and always available to it and healthy.    Also cook Quinoa and then toss it with finely chopped vegetables..carrots, peppers, cilantro, avocado, lime juice etc and just place in the fridge. Easy and healthy.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my 5-ish mile run yesterday morphed into a 3-ish mile run as I stopped at a couple of places trying on boots for elk hunting

going to try and get 5-ish in this evening

qotd: my DW does 90+% of the cooking; she did whip up some really good chicken taco soup last night- I know it has some green chili stuff in it, beans, corn, cut up chicken and I'm sure some other stuff . served over corn tortillas chips and topped with cheese and sour cream.  little zip to it, but not kill you zip; going to be eating some for lunch today

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out for a 5 mile run. Uh oh, It's a steady rain and 44 degrees out, now what  ?    Hmmmmm............Oh yea, I'm tapering for my 50 miler this weekend, maybe I better wimp out not run to save some energy for that .  I just set the bike up on the trainer  yesterday so maybe I should try that out and get everything adjusted right. A little half hour spin feels about right.

Runtrail - Dinner sounds good, if you hear a knock at the door it might just be me .  We often make up an breakfast concoction but not like that. Think I'll try making some eggs ranchero this weekend.

QOTD: DW makes a smoky beef stew except we substitute a spicy turkey sausage for the beef.  Mix a bunch of the meat and all sorts of vegetables, such as green beans, baked beans, corn, Lima beans and anything else you want together, throw it in the crock pot and let it simmer for several hours. Always goes well.

some call me Tim

DD#1 and DS are heading to Vegas to see Phish this weekend.  They would have been right besides you following the Dead. DD#1 has seen Phil Lesh many times as he goes to Portland OR often and plays Dead music with the Portland Symphony.

I followed Phish around a bit in their early days, too. At the time, the scene around the Dead was kinda sketchy, and sure enough, the Phish scene devolved to that, too. Haven't seen them in years, but always liked the whole 'musical costume' thing they do around Halloween.

URD again... up all night and next morning working and had to crash at some point. Ugh.

qotd: Been back on a Gumbo kick, which is essentially: make and brown a roux, get various meats and other things you need to use up out of the fridge and chop them, hopefully which includes some Andouille from the back of the freezer, make sure you've got onion, celery and green pepper(Holy Trinity), cook the whole mess in some kind of stock over medium heat with a few different herbs as the mood strikes until it's ready. Finish off the heat with a tablespoon of File powder if you've got it (you keep that okra out of my gumbo!) and serve over rice.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

DD some of my best races happened after I went on vacation and didn't exercise all week..go for the wimp out!

Getting ready to head out for a 5 mile run. Uh oh, It's a steady rain and 44 degrees out, now what  ?    Hmmmmm............Oh yea, I'm tapering for my 50 miler this weekend, maybe I better wimp out not run to save some energy for that .  I just set the bike up on the trainer  yesterday so maybe I should try that out and get everything adjusted right. A little half hour spin feels about right.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Such pleasant fall weather, 51F, rain, and a light wind. That calls for a 3.2 mile recovery run followed by hot chocolate.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

An excellent reason to miss a run.

I didn't miss a run. I missed work. Hahaha.

Jamie: Yes. She did appreciate it.

LB2