Trailer Trash

F#c&ing Finally Fridaily (Read 23 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!

Seemed like an awfully long week for some reason, but the weekend is just about here 

Going to strength train this evening, riding my bike to work this morning- guessing my a$$ will be sore after a multi-month hiatus

qotd: weekend plans?  going to get a long run in Saturday, looking at a possible snowshoe hike on Sunday

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Not the nicest weather here but I'll be staying in Madison this weekend as my cabin area is under a winter storm warning thru Sat. morning. I'd be snowshoeing in if I went as I just talked to my plow guy who is on his way to Texas. Told me there is already 10" though it has been melting some too but still snowing. Our weather looks to really improve though starting early next week.

I'll be heading out shortly for 12 muddy miles in the light snow blowing around here. I am so ready for spring.

QOTD--Looks to be a relaxing sort of weekend around here. Time to organize things.

runtraildc

Morning trailers! Just sitting, having my coffee and watching a raven steal eggs from another bird's nest. The raven has gotten two so far.   Smart birds and the nest is a grackle's so I'm in support of the raven.

Running? Oh yes, that. Another light week so far, but heading to the gym in a minute for strength work and I'll get in 4 miles tonight during swimming.

qotd: Not much and welcome after travelling the last couple of weekends. Weather forecast doesn't look great either, so it'll be a couple longer runs to make up for my laziness this week and some netflix.

and yesterday's qotd: I might fall between warden and Harrier. And I've long admitted to a sock problem. For running, I use smartwool exclusively, and not the thin running ones. I like the PHD outdoor line. I thought I would break out of my habit and try darned tough socks, but REI did not have any in my size!  I'll try again someday...

Gator eye

Yay me I finally got in a few miles this morning. The flue from hell finally released me. Even though it was cold cold cold it sure felt good to get back out there.

QOTD: DD is coming home for a weekend visit. Been looking forward to it for the last week or so, we haven't seen her sense before Christmas.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

NH- 10" of snow would be a godsend here, we're supposed to break a record high here today topping out in the upper 70's- this doesn't bode well for us at all

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

DigDug2

Easy 9 on the roads this morning.  Did some 5K-pace repeats on the track yesterday, legs don't feel too bad today.

QOTD:  soccer season starting up for two of my boys, so will be driving around to games.  Otherwise, running and relaxing.

XtremeTaper

Fast finish run last night, not planned, just sort of happened. Decent night at French Creek and the Lady and I ran what I refer to as our "evening loop", which is 8 miles with 2 significant climbs. On and off rain squalls, showers, and drizzle. It was coming down pretty good at the finish. Pleasant weather though despite the rain. Not as cold as earlier in the week. The first half of the run I ran my regular pace, with a few pick me ups in easier places, but the second half of the run found myself moving nicely up the hill on the green trail and just sort of dialed it in after that, with a very fast finish down the orange trail, which right now is just a maze of rocks from storms earlier this year. I have not moved that well on this trail for quite some time.. probably last fall while racing a 15k. Really fun, but you have to stay focused in places.

Today. Just 6 or 7 some place with the Lady after work, or maybe even god forbid a short road run at lunch time.

QOTD: A few "short long" runs this weekend (10-14 miles), then visiting with my sister, BIL, nephews, tomorrow. Everyone is going to be in the area to see my sister's granddaughter in NJ. Also watch the final round of the masters on Sunday. Might have to mow the lawn again too.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Taking a SRD today. Light snow was coming down on my way in and now 1-3" in the forecast for overnight and tomorrow morning. Had not planed on a snow run, but looks like I'll be breaking trail tomorrow. 

Missing some more of our regulars (Moon, LB2, etc.). Hope everyone is healthy and running.

QOTD:  Finish off some pre-work in the back for a patio paver installation that we have coming up. Tore a large deck down already and have some siding to patch up since we're changing  the level from a 18" high deck to a ground level patio. Paying someone to do this project, so as an avid DIY'er, it will be strange watching other people work at my house. I just need to get everything else ready for them.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

bagge_pants

probably go to the gym tonight and tomorrow and ez run Sunday after work. Qotd: No real plans other than last week at work.

Yesterday's qotd, I'll keep 3 pairs of low ankle running socks a pair of mid running socks and a couple pairs of long hiking socks. I don't like having too many socks.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My heel hurts still and again..when your laying in bed and your heel hurts it just doesn't make you want to jump up and run.  I need to get up earlier and walking around because it's not too bad once it warms up.  So gym at lunch and MAYBE run after work unless old man says let's go somewhere.

QOTD:  Nothing planned.  Rain is coming tonight and tomorrow with drizzles Sunday.  May spend the weekend hunting gophers and filling the holes that my dogs create hunting these gophers!!    Been wanting to jeep up to one of my favorite lake but unsure if snow is still up there, plus the rain.  Maybe it's a movie and lunch weekend.  ....I just realized I am rambling!   yea I also run...

runtraildc:  I also wear the thick socks...even in the summer.  Just like the extra padding.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Had a good run yesterday. Decided to wear a short sleeve shirt and tossed on my windbreaker over that. 1/2 way through I was too hot, about 1 1/2 miles from the house it started to spit some rain. 1/4 mile later it was coming down in sheets and being blown sideways by the wind. It was hitting me on y right side and within a few hundred yard even my shoes were soaked, but only on the one side. Glad I wore the wind jacket. Ended up being the fastest run of the year. Not because of the weather, but because I was feeling good.

Spending the day at work so no running today.

QOTD: Work today. Tomorrow will be bitching about the snow and weather in general . I have a lot of yard work to do that can't be done in a couple inches of snow.  Maybe an nice mountain run, then back to work on Sunday.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

7 miles each of the last three nights.  Brrrr...it was cold.

QOTD: Uh....shovel the driveway??? Isn't it spring?

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday