Trailer Trash

Fun Friday (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

Based on our earlier qtod, many trailers here have today off. Hope you all have a great day as part of this long weekend.

Got in only 4.5 miles yesterday after the pies and rolls were baked and before we headed out for dinner. Was nice and quiet though as I think everyone else was out earlier.  Today, my boys have promised a hike with me (took a little blackmailing, but whatever).  And maybe a short run to keep things going.

qotd: What's something you like to do but your family/close ones don't?  See hiking above.  DH and the kiddos do not enjoy it but will go out with me, not always enthusiastically. I have to limit this request to once or twice a year and include other activities (i.e burgers) to make it more palatable. However, once they get out, they are usually appreciative of the views if I pick the place and route wisely.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Unlike most, I am at work today.  

No run yesterday. Unsure why but I was exhausted last night.  We had family over but I did most of my prep earlier in the week so yesterday morning was not bad.  I did get out early today for a nice 6+.  Taking it easy for the finals of the "2016 in 2016" competition in a week.

QOTD: Hiking for us too is something I need to beg and plead for.  My boys really enjoy it when we do but it takes a lot just to get them to go.  There are other things too but I cannot think of them at the moment.

Have a great black Friday! Now I have to go figure out how to get some work done.  

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

10 miles on Wednesday.  I did the local Turkey Trot yesterday in a slow 23:43 with warm up and cool down for 9.3 miles.

Im working today also.

QOTD  My wife loves to hike and the kids hate it. Guess  if there's no cell phone reception it's just terrible!

Sandy-2

Took yesterday off from running, had a nice day with family and some friends.

This morning got up after sleeping in a bit and then did 5 easy miles.

qotd: The kids and I will go camping but my DW won't.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Ran on TM yesterday morning since it was raining out at the time I could run. Over an hour while I watched TV. yuck.  DW and I got short run in this morning and then walked on beach for 4 more miles. Assateague Island was pretty crowded with the nice weather.

QOTD: I like to watch Sci Fi movies and DW likes dramas / romance flicks. We compromise.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Miserable holiday. All to do with working on it.  Got out of work late both mornings. Barely made it home yesterday without falling asleep and this morning was about as bad. Now it's back in for another night shift at my part time job.

Other than a quick jog off to the shower to get ready for work there's no running or other exercise in my future today.

QOTD: This is actually somewhat difficult. I, of course, like to run and bike. DS and DW will do some but not as much as I do and DW prefers walking over trying to run. Neither of them like to go for the long distances that I do. DD really doesn't like to be very active and it was always a challenge to get her moving when she was a kid. Pretty much anything that I like to do the others are at least somewhat OK with it, they just may not be as gung ho about it as I am.

The one thing that the rest of the family likes that I totally hate is watching movies. I simply can not get into most movies not matter how much I try. I will watch a few select shows or movies with DW but not too many.  That takes a lot of bribery on her part .

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

been hitting the mountains pretty hard; got close today- had 20 elk that I thought were feeding there way up to me (three bulls in the bunch)- they started slowly side-hilling and eventually headed down and for another mountain;  later in the day I got within 70 yards of three cows, but no bull maybe tomorrow

qotd: running or hunting, have pretty good luck with hiking and backpacking (even got the DW to do a few winter backpacking trips)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Thanksgiving began good..ran 6 at the turkey trot.. Just hung with friends...Mike tried to hand Earl off but we misssed each other.  so i ran another three with the mutts afterwards.  The trail was muddy and how can a dog hit a 2 inch puddle and become completely immensed in water!!!?!??!?

Today we went for a hike.  We have never seen a single person on this trail...toda(y it was like we were at the mall on a black friday!!!  Luckily they all dropped of at the waterfalll.

Qotd:  we do most of the same stuff together but running  that's the downfall.  He tried but twisted his ankle bad; then when he tried again he got PF  I am jealous of couples who run together....

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄