Trailer Trash

The weekender! (Read 18 times)

muppy

Got in 5.2 miles last night, first half was uphill and turned around and all downhill.

QOTD I got nothing......

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Got 9 miles in this afternoon. Got rained on a little bit in the last half mile, but was in my car heading home before the skies really opened up.

qotd: What's the most exotic or unusual place you've run? For me it's probably along Geiranger Fjord in Norway while on a hiking vacation.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

21 miles for me today, planning on a few more tomorrow.

QOTD: Antarctica marathon.  Don't particularly recommend the marathon (cold, wet, muddy) but Antarctica is amazing.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

I did 6 Saturday late afternoon and then did 13 on a tour of the London parks; St James, Green, Regents, Hyde also included a bit of the Regents Canal. Saw some of my old haunts.

Flying to Beijing this evening.... that'll suck.

qotd:  I'm lucky that I get to travel for work but not always to exotic places, but I would say some parts of Korea, Japan and Vietnam were pretty exotic.  Now if you asked about less exotic places I could give you a list of container storage yards and refineries!!! 

tbd.

muppy

5.2 miles on the trails at my work.

QOTD  I would say along the Caribbean Sea in St. Croix.

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed.  64.2857142% of my ultra marathon work weekend is over, not like I'm counting or anything .

Going to head out for 5 miles in a little bit then it's back into work.

QOTD: In the middle of the Pennsyltucky Wilds.  I've not really down much running far from home and we don't really have anything that's too exotic or unusual.  I have ridden my bike several places in Alaska including mountain biking along the Alaska pipeline. That was pretty nice.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 11 yesterday and had planned on more today but had friends over for dinner and aahh instead of getting up at 5 am as planned git up at 8.  Wash the trailer and truck and now it's 100 degrees!

Qotd: The middle of the desert on Baja Mexico

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Two nice and hot runs this weekend. Yesterday was on some cross country ski trails and today on AT near Pine Grove Furnace SP. Very crowded on trails today with families out hiking with dads. Humidity was stifling and I was down a few pounds after the run.

Spread a load of mulch and floated in pool for a bit. Now listening to DW and DD#2 sing together in kitchen as they are making a Father's day meal. All is well with the world.

QOTD : Probably running in the Grand Tetons. We were on some remote trails and saw a lot of large wildlife, including my first and only brown bear sighting. Don't know if that's exotic, but it was definitely unusual for us.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It was a long weekend....our central air broke on Saturday in the middle of a hot and humid weekend.  My dad and I got it running today.  What a relief.  Did get in an 8 miler early this morning in the humidity.

Any word on XT?

QOTD: Not sure it's exotic but running on the beaches at Chincoteague early in the mornings.  Speaking of which, 6 weeks and we will be there! It really isn't exotic but sure if beautiful...and peaceful.

Have a great ...eh er...Sunday night (rest of your weekend)!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Any word on XT?

Ha. Here I am!

DNF at Mohican100 for me. First ever DNF, so I was definitely due and had plenty of warning signs it was coming. I am still digesting it all but it was a combination of mental, physical, and environmental factors. Mental though for the most part. No need for condolences. It's just running, right?! I will post some more later today/this week just to purge this from my memory banks.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

DNF at Mohican100 for me. First ever DNF, so I was definitely due and had plenty of warning signs it was coming. I am still digesting it all but it was a combination of mental, physical, and environmental factors. Mental though for the most part. No need for condolences. It's just running, right?! I will post some more later today/this week just to purge this from my memory banks.

I won't offer any condolences since you asked us not to. I'll just say that is how it goes sometimes. I have one, and it totally sucked. It was my own fault. However, it made me a much smarter runner going forward. I am still a pretty stupid runner at times, but I am much smarter than I used to be.

LB2