Trailer Trash

Ahoy mateys (Read 23 times)

some call me Tim

I have been away, took a couple months off completely and then have been just running some and volunteering at local trail races.  My home trail loop is now at 1.25mi, probably the best I can do with the space, and may play host to a Big Backyard Ultra kind of scenario in the coming months. My personal life- just completely fucked, but relatively better I guess, cause here I am.

I hope you all are well.. gonna take a bit to learn what all everybody's getting up to. I'll be running Green Monster 50k in a bit, first foray into great central PA trails, and on the back of that hope to pitch David Horton on my Hellgate entry. Not much of a plan so far, but that's it. Woo hoo.

AT-runner

Tim

Welcome back, stranger. We did ask about you a few times. Hope things are getting better for you.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hey Tim!  (x2!)

Good to have you back!  Sorry to hear about the fucked up personal life, but here's to hoping things get better.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

It's good to hear from you Blarg!  Sorry to hear you're having some personal life challenges, but I hope things are getting better.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Welcome back Tim...missed ya.  I think about you every time I run my neighbors woods since I basically go in circles zigzag and such to get mileage as I image you do on your personal trail.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

I'm glad to see you are back. I'd love to have a home trail loop that was about 20 miles round trip. But, I have a 2.5 out and back, half of which is a gravel road. Hope things work out on a personal level; I am sure they will. I don't guess life is complete without the occasional mess. I have had a hell of a year myself, but the only thing that really mattered was losing a good friend far too young. The other stuff worked out fine, and turned out to be a total blessing in disguise.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

There you are! Been wondering if you got lost on your own trail or maybe just fighting with another round of bushes to chop down...

Hope things will get better for you and those around you.  Kids doing ok?

Green Monster and Hellgate are no slouches.  Actually your biggest challenge in any of that is getting into Hellgate. GL with that.  I hope to be there one of these years (I haven't even tried to enter yet).

Stick around, won't ya?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Glad to see you back. Was thinking about you quite a bit.  Sorry about your problems. Remember you can always post  here for the distraction therapy this gives you.

Last week it was FTYC making an apperance, now Blarg. Maybe we can get Moonlight, Jonfer, and some others back. Haven't seen NH in a while and have been wondering about Trail Tromper hoping he's OK. There are a few others that I'm missing as well that we haven't seen in a while that would be nice to see come back to posting.

Sandy-2

Welcome back !!!  Hope the personal stuff gets straightened out soon.

tbd.

some call me Tim

Hey, thanks everyone. Sorry to hear there are others dropping off the radar. I offer the personal life thing partly as explanation... that impulse to turn inward when things turn really foul isn't helpful, but it's powerful and I think it's an extension of the impulse that causes an animal to crawl away and hide when it's their time. In any case, as you suggested LB, sometimes there are unforeseen opportunities for growth.

Jamie, the kids are fantastic, and it's a constant source of joy just to see them grab life by the horns. Plus lately I've created some scavenger hunt type games to help them feel at home in our trails and it's great to see how much fun they have running the rooty technical sections. My youngest, who refuses to enter races, has told me more than once that it's not worth running if there are no roots.

Looks like I really will host that race, most likely mid-October. It'll be an elimination style event, start out running the 1.25mi loop in 15 mins and gradually lower the bar to 10 and leave it there till only one of em makes it back in time. Light a bonfire, cook marshmallows and foods. In the inaugural I don't expect anybody to make it for more than 6 or 7 hours at that rate, but I guess I'll find out.

Good to see you all again! Now I've gotta get back into the dailies.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hi Darg, good to have you back again.

I hope your personal stuff gets better soon, sometimes life throws some really bad things at you, and you have to work hard to deal with it and get everything back in order again. However, this is always also an opportunity to completely re-invent yourself, or define new priorities and routines. Just hang in there.

That Backyard Ultra sounds really good, I am sure you'll have a lot of fun!

Run for fun.

muppy

Welcome back! Good luck on your race, sounds like a great time!

XtremeTaper

Welcome back both Blarg and Couch.   :happy:

Blarg, lowering the time per lap is the opposite of what will be needed unless you are looking for a quick end to your event, have a very easy trail, or a field of fast peeps.

In dog beers, I've only had one.