Trailer Trash

Fridailies (Read 26 times)

Marley and I had another nice early 3 mile trail run.  It was cool and clear.  The only hitch was my allergies were bugging me again.  Kind of weird since I had no issues closer to peak allergy season here and now it has passed for most folks.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

XtremeTaper

Seven miles last night with the Lady over on the easy side of Green Lane. There was a cool breeze from the east but still very pleasant for running. Oh, and the blue bells were out as well. This evening I believe we will plan on a double digit run. Answering yesterday's QOTD2, April miles were 202. Had a taper week and 2 recovery weeks in there.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I walked two miles yesterday. I'll run 5 or so after work today.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today and back to back long runs planned for this weekend.  Both will be flat runs as I don;''t need anymore hill work. Then Taper 2.0 starts for  our 24hr race.

April I hit 194 miles.  My GC run was followed by an 18 mile week.

QOTD:  Do you do any volunteer work?  A local politician wants to require unemployed people do volunteer services (I know, required volunteerism) in order to get checks.  He says "if you can work but can't find a job then you can help out".

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

QOTD: About the only volunteer work I do is volunteering at races once or twice a year. Also, I volunteer for the park clean ups in town, unless they fall during turkey season.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A nice 4 miles this morning.

Funny story from yesterday: We are in our new home (been there 9 months) and in our back yard, there is a "brook" (basically a run off that eventually makes it's way to the creek which makes its way to the Susquehanna river).  We have nice windows that we can look into our nice backyard where there are always birds.  Just after dinner, DD (who is 5) says "hey, dad there are ducks in the backyard".  My response: "no honey, those are just birds".  I went to the sink to rinse some dishes and look to the backyard ...to see...two ducks just sitting in the middle of the yard.  So random but cool.  I did not get any pics though. I hope they come back.

QOTD 1: I am embarrassed about my April mileage so I will not share.  But May is off to an ok start so.....

QOTD 2: I do a bunch of stuff with and at my church.  I guess that is volunteerism since I do not get paid.   I wish I could do more but no time...

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Only working until 6 pm today. Most of the time my 12 hour shifts end at 8 pm or later. I like the earlier finishing times, it's a lot easier to get a run in after work. With that in mind I'm hoping to get in a nice short 4-5 mile run when I get home.

QOTD 2 from yesterday: April mileage was somewhere around 120. Not near enough. May will probably be much lower. I'm planning on several long bike rides at the end of the month so I need to prepare for them.

QOTD: Don't currently volunteer anywhere. Years ago I used to run with the Fire Departments Quick Response Squad. I left because of too much infighting, now I'm too busy with life to get involved with it. I used to do quite a bit for my kids school when they were in the private schools.  I think that it's a good idea to look at making the long term unemployed/welfare people do community service of some sort.  It would help the welfare people develop some job skills and maybe help them to develop a little bit of pride and self esteem.  The flip side to that is that many of the welfare babies are so idiotic that it might be easier and cheaper to just send them a check and tell them to stay out of my way.

runtraildc

Happy Friday, trailers!  Got to the trail head, glute/hamstring was still feeling funky so I ended up hiking just under 4 miles.  Felt nice for a change, and I saw many new things on the trail that I usually don't notice since I am running SO FAST.     Funny how just a small change in pace can change your perspective on things.

qotd:  Usually with the school for an event or two each year, usually the book sales or helping kids with reading.  And our swim team-- lots of parent support needed to run these teams and meets.   And DS and I usually help with a couple of the running club events.

Good luck to any racers and pacers this weekend.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Just got off work, started early, so the day seems almost over to me already. Trying to get myself up for a run, but I'm terribly tired. At the same time, the window for a run is just now, as DS1 needs to be picked up from school at 5, and DS2 is expected back at the school from his Pittsburgh field trip between 5 and 6. Not sure how this is going to end. 

traildc: +1 on the change of perspective with a change of pace. That is what usually throws me off when I have to walk on a trail that I usually run on and gets me insecure or even lost - too much to see!

QOTD: I volunteer for some events in my kids' schools, and for a few local races occasionally.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi this morning, ok but still a little dizzy. Enough already!!!

qotd 2 yesterday: 161 mi.

qptd:  I just work aid stations at some runs each year.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Ran and walked the Mt Joy - Valley Creek trails in the opposite direction. Much tougher with steeper uphills. Odd situation with that groin strain. Running downhill stretches it too much, so I find myself walking a lot of the downhill and running the uphill.

Yesterday's QOTD: 157 miles, not what I'd hoped but an improvement

QOTD: I volunteer at some races when my work schedule permits.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

some call me Tim

I ran a local 5k on a whim today, and you know, it went ok. It's been a good while since I've felt that particular brand of discomfort and I still hate it, but it's fun to be in an actual race. I miss that when it comes to ultra. On that subject I missed an unmarked turn in there and lost a little time, but managed a solid last mile and low 19s. All things considered, I was pleased. Nice to see some of the local folks who don't get out to the longer events quite as much.

April mileage: 78 - lazy taper and marathon and that's pretty much it

qotd: It's just occasional race volunteering, at least for now.

moonlightrunner

I will be the sweeps tonight.

I managed....finally to get my sorry but out of bed at 330 this morning to go for a run. It was great. The full moon and starry sky made it pretty awesome. My dog and I had a fun time. On days I don't work out of town I can even get a fairly long run in. I hope I can make myself get up consistently.

Qotd: no, I dontvolunteer at all. Helping out my daughter, grand children and elderly parents out takes up almost all my time. But...I admit before this change I only vokuteered at an occasional race.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k