Trailer Trash

Hu, Hu, Hu, Humpdaily (Read 17 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

almost half way through the work week (for those that work-wish I wasn't one of them )

got a breezy 5-ish miles in yesterday- the wind whipped the snow around depositing it helter skelter, I encountered snow from 3-10" which slowed things down significantly

they're talking 40+ mph this afternoon, so probably the treadmill for me

qotd: do you ever use any other "aerobic" equipment besides a treadmill- bike, stair machine, etc?  our gym doesn't have a stair machine, but wish it did or a Versaclimber, I used a bike when I had a fractured heel- felt it was better than nothing, but not sure how much I got out of it.  My old gym had one of the escalator style stair machine and I really liked it- stairs of death I nicknamed it  The versaclimber looks like a killer too

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Last night was another 7 miler this time on the more challenging side of Green Lane reservoir. Seem to have difficulty running rocks and hills these days. Too much time on soft flat easy FL trails? Plenty of mud out there and mild conditions so that was good. Thunderstorm moving through here right now, but a mild one with no wind. Plan is for another 7 this evening on the trails.

QOTD: Nope. I might spin on the bike to nowhere but that's about it.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Thunderstorms here as well.  Forecast not looking too goo for a lunch time run, so might hamster-wheel it it or skip it.  Still not feeling 100%, so skipping might be best idea.

QOTD:  No, only run or bike for me. Used to do the Norditrack for low impact aerobic activity, but now it sit in the garage collecting dust.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

4 this morning. It was a terrible morning: 72 and muggy at 4:15 AM. But, I am glad I could get out there and run.

QOTD: No. I will probably join the local gym again in May when I start tracking elevation gain. They have a TM that goes to 15% grade, and you can get some pretty good climbing in with less mileage. It really worked wonders for me the last time I used it for race with a lot of climbing.

LB2

runtraildc

Morning, trailers.  Got in 7 yesterday in the woods. Saw lots of dogs, fewer people and a handful of spring blossoms.  Weather is in for another change, so I'm trying to figure out when and where to get out. Might end up as a gym day.

qotd: The eilliptical and rower, which have come in handy when I've been injured.  The rower was especially handy last summer when I had that broken foot, however, I find I cannot row for very long. Even more boring than the treadmill (but a good workout!).

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Planning a lunch run.  Beautiful sunny but cold day.  Did walk the dogs this morning in the woods.

QOTD:  Nope.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Rain, wind, with more rain while the wind blew. TM for 6 miles worth of going no where fast.

QOTD: i hit the elliptical when I can't run.

Sandy-2

I'll do 5 mi after work today, more heat training since we'll be in the mid-80s today.  Yuck.  But the 50 miler I'm planning at the end of April will most likely be warm and it doesn't have a lot of shade, so I guess this early warmth will be helpful.  I still hate it though.

qotd: Not usually, but similar to LB2, if I'm headed for a "hilly" run I'll bump up my DW's gym membership to "family" so I can go as well, but I only go for the stair climber (by the way, they have those "escalator style" things like MT mentioned). I put in the iPod earbuds, set it for an hour or so and trudge along, most of the time the machines are empty but then it's fun to watch other people come and go on the other climbers next to me, they usually give me strange looks when they leave.

qotd2: 134 miles.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

QOTD2: 104.9 31 on one day. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Just as I was changing for a run, big storm hit earlier than radar showed and high winds and buckets of rain.  So being the glass half full guy that I am, I changed again and took the staff out for Mexican lunch.  Now I need a nap.

QOTD2: Upper 160's.  Need to ramp it up for the next 2 months.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

qotd2: 97 miles, but had 15-20 miles snowshoeing- I'm pretty happy with this as I missed a full week with a cold and it was a short month. If I can stay in that 35-ish range/week, with some good elevation and some long runs sprinkled in I'm good to go.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Storms have passed here so it looks like my evening run is a go.

QOTD2: 172, with 53 in one day.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I get those same looks, Sandy.

QOTD2: I only got 105. But I went over my goal in January. I just sort of goofed off the last week of February.

LB2

DigDug2

SRD - first day off in 2 weeks, enjoying it.

QOTD:  only the bike, and only when injured - it's a little boring, but I find that I don't lose much fitness when I have to bike for a few weeks

QOTD2:  245 - couple of good months this winter

10.1 miles today.  Fabulous sunny day.  Aaaaand I've been inside working since the sun came up.  

QOTD: No, nothing besides running.

QOTD2: Is this for February mileage? 188

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR