Trailer Trash

one shirt left Thursday (Read 27 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my DW gets my five white shirts ready on the weekend and I look into my closet knowing how many days of work left- just one shirt in there today 

Tiny E and I got in 4 miles on packed snow trails yesterday evening, plan is for something similar this evening

qotd: did you (do you) have to wear a uniform for work?  I think I’ve been in a uniform almost my entire adult life. Four years with the Air Force, three years seasonally with the US Forest Service, twenty four years as a game warden; my current position is basically a uniform too- grey slacks, white dress shirt, tie, navy suit coat. It’s actually pretty nice with a uniform as you don’t have to think about what you’re going to wear 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

6 miles in the woods on some lightly snow covered trails.  Ran slow and easy.

The winner is  .... Lyme.  Oh joy!  Picking up my doxycyclene at the pharmacy in a bit.  Nice to have an answer, but would actually have liked for it to not be Lyme.  I've had night sweats the past 2 nights, so hope those go away.

QOTD:  No uniform here, but I have worn a lab coat once in a while.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

I brought my clothes for a run after work...but it's cold. It is going to take great effort just to point the car in the direction of the trailhead, let alone get out of my car to run. COME ON SPRINGTIME AND WARM WEATHER!

QOTD: in the 20 years in healthcare I have occasionally had to wear certain colored scrubs. I did not like it so much...kinda boring. Now the dress code is "business casual". I don't have to dress to impress anyway....living in Cube Land...with all customer contacts via phone.

Warden: how did you happen to acquire Tiny E? Do you ever have to pick him up and carry him if he gets cold or fatigued? I had never considered a small breed as a running companion, but I am thinking about it. My elderly parents would love the companionship, but a large dog would be difficult for them.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got up at 6 but didn't feel like running as it was raining.  Unpacked the suitcase and was about to prep some food when the rain stopped and it got brighter so I said you need to run.  Of course it started raining as soon as I was outside but being dressed and ready makes you go.  3.28 miles.  Dogs were happy as they only got one walk in the 10 days I was gone. 

I was rejoicing daylight savings this weekend when my dyslexic mind finally figured out it does not go in my favor...darker in am...thought it was lighter..

QOTD:  NO   after 11 years wearing a catholic school uniform I looked forward to the freedom of a uniform.  Now I would love a uniform.  I think this QOTD has motivated me to spend this weekend clearing out my closet.  I have a big closet so I think why get rid of shit but then it may simplify my mornings a bit.

Warden:  I want to clean out my closet and have five work outfits I go through each week to make mornings better.  Actually I would do 6 outfits because my Dad use to do this and my Mom was afraid he would show up to the same meeting with the same clothes and think he only had one suit.    I wrote this before reading QOTD  ...

AT:  I am sorry to hear you have Lyme  but it is better than hope it heals quickly and no side effects.

Moonlight:  Lot's of good small bread dogs too..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD:  NO   after 11 years wearing a catholic school uniform I looked forward to the freedom of a uniform.  Now I would love a uniform.  I think this QOTD has motivated me to spend this weekend clearing out my closet.  I have a big closet so I think why get rid of shit but then it may simplify my mornings a bit.

We had some sweet uniforms at my all boys Catholic HS (DeMatha HS). Blazer, white or blue shirt, tie (of our choice) and gray permanent press pants.  To this day, I won't buy a pair of gray pants.

runtraildc

Ran 4 miles yesterday afternoon after dropping off the car for DS. I came the longer, more scenic way home. And it was fast since 3/4 of it is a gradual downhill. Until the big uphill to the house.

qotd: I was also one of those catholic girls in a uniform. I actually liked it. We could at least wear different colored shirts (collared, of course). I waited tables in college where I wore a white shirt and black skirts/pants. Older DS likes to wear the black white combo in dress clothes and it always makes me think of wait staff.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

The boys didn't have to wear a uniform.  When we asked why we were told they weren't as vain as girls!   and grey wool pantson a man is very sexy. 

We had some sweet uniforms at my all boys Catholic HS (DeMatha HS). Blazer, white or blue shirt, tie (of our choice) and gray permanent press pants.  To this day, I won't buy a pair of gray pants.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT - Sorry it's Lyme..  At least you can get the right treatment.  Hope all goes well.  When do you think you got it?

In last night's slush storm I walked to the store.  The wind was blowing the heavy wet snow sideways, so I was completely soaked when I got home.  It was enough motivation to stay indoors (no run).  Will force myself to get out tonight for 4-6 miles.

QOTD:  Never wore a uniform, unless you count alter boy vestments as a uniform.   My first professional job, we had to wear dress shirt, tie, and dress pants.  Then casual Friday's came.  Then corporate casual.  Downward spiral continued....  Today, I'm wearing jeans, t-shirt, light outdoor fleece jacket, and hiking boots.  Rock bottom will hit when I show up to the office in my fat pants.  I do have a bit of envy for professions that do wear uniforms though.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

AT - Sorry it's Lyme..  At least you can get the right treatment.  Hope all goes well.  When do you think you got it?

Good question.  Just know my running was not going well and I was feeling fatigued for about 2 weeks.  I'm lucky that my PCP is a runner, so when I told him my #1 symptom was feeling bad late into a long run, he knew what I meant (and he knows I've been running for decades).  If  he was a non-runner, he might have said "oh, you're just tired from running too much, take a break and rest".

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

AT- was this something you contracted recently, or from last spring/summer?  I know NH has dealt with it (numerous times if I recall correctly)- doesn’t sound fun

moonlight- my DW picked Elvis out; her girlfriend got his sister- his Mom was a chihuahua, Dad a Yorkshire terrier. It was a total surprise for me and to be honest, wasn’t overly keen on it. It took maybe a day to get over that   I started taking him with me and he loved it, I mean really loved it. I didn’t think a little dog would make a very good trail companion, but he has proven me wrong. Never gets cold, never have to pick him up. He absolutely crushes me on the uphills- he’ll even do fartleks- running up the steeps, back down to me and up again- repeating as we go.

I do have a little down “jacket” he wears when it’s cold, I also had a zip neoprene jacket made for him (untested as of yet), for his feet in the cold I put on Mushers Wax- keeps snow from sticking.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

13.8 slip and slide miles on the mountain. For some reason I thought that since we had no snow here there would be none on the mountain so I wore the wrong shoes .

AT-  Sorry to hear about the Lyme. Considering how the medical field wants to force all sorts of vaccines on everyone you's think they would work on one for Lyme.

QOTD: Dark blue pants, BDU style.  The one part time job I wear white shirts which I hate because they look so frumpy after a few washings. The full time job and other part time job went to dark blue shirts several years ago so we can look just like the police . I'm not interested in looking like a cop. It causes too many problems for us. I really prefer the medium blue shirts that you tend to see in the fire service.  Been wearing one for the past 23+ years.

moonlightrunner

I did not see this when I posted! Sorry this was the problem...but good to know you are on the road to recovery.

6 miles in the woods on some lightly snow covered trails.  Ran slow and easy.

The winner is  .... Lyme.  Oh joy!  Picking up my doxycyclene at the pharmacy in a bit.  Nice to have an answer, but would actually have liked for it to not be Lyme.  I've had night sweats the past 2 nights, so hope those go away.

QOTD:  No uniform here, but I have worn a lab coat once in a while.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k