Trailer Trash

Wish it was wet, Wednesdaily (Read 32 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

we've been in a month long pattern of above normal heat and below normal precip, so far by sheer luck we haven't any major fires, but luck is  a poor thing to count on Sad

SRD for the next couple of days prior to the Bridger's

qotd: how has your summer weather been? colder/warmer? wetter/drier? than normal

bring on fall Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

DigDug2

Quick 5 on the roads this morning - will do a tempo run later for my mid-week double.

QOTD:  Can't complain - cooler than normal, and rain has mostly stayed away on the weekends.

runtraildc

Yesterday ended up a rest day, with early morning travel and then power washing my mom's deck.  Trying to be a good daughter, helping with house projects while in town.   Helps with the guilt when the boys and I go north camping in a few days.    Running-wise, I will get out tonight for 4 or 5 miles in the nearby refuge with the borrowed springer.  Been lots of coyote sightings apparently, so I don't know if I"ll let him off-leash.  He's just dumb enough...

qotd:  summer in MD this year has been much like the summer's I had growing up in MN.  Couple of steamy hot days, but many in the 70s and low 80s.   I'm really enjoying it. .

LB2

Got a little over 1300 feet of climbing this morning at the gym in 3 miles. I did a little hiking with a weighted back pack at a 15% grade and did some fairly fast running at 12% and 10%. Then, I did some resistance training. The hills are getting easier. It is about time to kick it up a notch. I have been really using my training plan as a rough outline, and mostly going by how I feel to determine what I do for the day/week/month. Hills and long runs being the primary factors.

Last night, I ran with the dog for just 2.5 miles. The first 1.2 was done at about a 7:20 pace, including a nasty fall. The second 1.3 miles were done at a 10 minute pace because the pooch was tired. I felt great.

QOTD: The summer has been hot, but it has been slightly cooler because it has been pretty wet. All that cloud cover and rain cools things off, but it sure is humid. I am ready for some drier and cooler air, at least drier.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Was able to rise and somewhat shine at 5 a.m. to day and did get some trail intervals in (300's).  Face grimaces, arms flail, legs pump, but the progress is slow.   Beautiful morning with just a hint of a fall like feel.  Last night got a little over an hour on some hilly single track so my legs didn't quite have it this morning--that's my excuse.

QOTD--I think our weather here this summer has been pretty darn nice, IMHO I don't think we could expect any better.

Sandy-2

Traveling to Auburn today. Will run this afternoon in California, gonna be hot and dry.

qotd: it's been hot, humid and rainy - typical for east TX, although more rain than usual.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a little on the stationary bike last night.  Monday evening I went for a run exploring an area in my new neighborhood.  It was a bit like a trail even though it was pavement.  I followed a dead end street that runs along a creek.  Very serene.  I am jealous of the few houses down there.  There is a connecting trail thingy at the end (private property belonging to the township)...that I see myself following once I have my mileage up a little more.

QOTD: Considering that we have had our A/C off for most of the last month, I would say it's been much cooler than normal.  I am ok with that but it makes me wonder if we are in for another cold, snowy and icy winter.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Marley and I had a nice 5 mile trail run. It seemed to alternate between a cool breeze and sticky depending on where we were.

QOTD:  Hotter and more humid than I like, but better than average.

BTW: I don't think I mentioned it here, but Marley hit the 5000 mile mark for running with me on the 3rd.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

BTW: I don't think I mentioned it here, but Marley hit the 5000 mile mark for running with me on the 3rd.

Congratulations. I just started running with a dog this summer. I enjoy it, but I don't do it everyday.

LB2

Occasional Runner

Quick 5 miler with the puppy this morning. We got a huge rainstorm last night, so we had a little mud to play in.

QOTD: Super hot until this week. We're suddenly cool and wet. I can't wait for fall to get here.

charlesmoman

Rest day.

QOTD - it has been a beautiful summer in southern Indiana - almost never above 85 - lately in 70's!

Would have been a great summer to log a lot of trail miles, but . . .

Daydreamer1

Third day in a row with no running (Monday was a bike day). Legs are feeling a little more rested. I wanted to get a short run in last night but I ended up getting out of work about two hours late so that didn't work out. Today is a 24 hour shift so no possibility of a run.

QOTD: We have been right at the long term average for my area tempreture wise. There have only been a few days in the 90s which is OK with me. The problem has been the humidity. It seems like it's been way up again this year. The last 4-5 years seem to have been more humid then what it had been over the preceding two to three decades. This is probably because we seem to get more easterly flows of air off the Atlantic then in the past.

Gator eye

we did 12 at O-dark thirty this morning.

QOTD: morning weather has been great for running this summer.

Sandy-2

Nice run today, about 8 miles. Went from Overlook Park in Auburn to No Hands Bridge and back. Pretty much the last bit of the WS100 trail. A few horses on the trail (including the one my DD was riding) doing a last easy ride before Tevis this weekend. As predicted it was hot and dry.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Weekly track workout Wednesday evening, 5 x 800m, 100m recovery.

QOTD: This summer has been relatively cool. I don't think there's been a full blown heat advisory announced yet for the area. We haven't had more than 2-3 days in a row reaching 90+.  I don't pay as much attention to the amount of rainfall, but I have missed a couple runs because of late afternoon t-storms.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.