Trailer Trash

Alternative healing weekend dailies (Read 24 times)

LB2

I only ran one speed work out on Saturday morning. We had a rough weekend of birthday parties with the kids. I don't like to party. I have totally screwed up my back, right between the shoulder blades after taking a slip and fall at work on Friday. I am pretty sure it is just a pulled muscle, and it should be better in a few days.

QOTD: No, I haven't done that. But I would certainly consider a variety of treatments for ailments. I do believe that God placed things on this planet that can address all the needs we have. We just have to figure out how to use them correctly. I think the human mind and body is far more powerful than we sometimes think it is. This is a good question for me, too. I have been reading some books lately that deal with Native American mysticism and healing, just reference things like that. And I want to read more about it; I find that stuff interesting. I think there are so many things out there that we just have no clue about, some that are beyond what our logic tells us is possible.

LB2

XtremeTaper

I had a good weekend of running but stayed away from the computer for the most part. Friday evening was 13 miles, green lane lake loopie with the harvest moon rising as I popped into the last meadow of the run. Good timing on my part.

Saturday, hit some new trails (for me) running the Exeter trail (flat towpath like trail along the Schulykill River) out/back to Neversink Mountain, where I ran a loop on more regular trail up and around the mountain getting sort of lost and discombobulated on the back part of the loop. I managed to get bad advice from a group of young skateboarders and better advice from a local homeowner when I accidentally trespassed on their property. A few nice views up there of Reading and the Schulykill River valley. I ended up with 12 miles when I was planning more like 9-10.

Sunday was the typical hilly rocky near mountainous 8 mile Sunday loop at French Creek covering the buzzards and mill creek trails.

QOTD: I see a chiropractor twice a month. After my meniscus repair I started having hip and back issues, sciatica like symptoms too sometimes. Fairly sure something structural was getting out of whack. Given my propensity for falling, the adjustments are probably a good thing though I do admit sometimes I feel it's a bit of voodoo medicine.

Dreamer - Hope that ankle is healing up.

NHLA - I like that rock. For some reason I see a camel's face though.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

NHLA - I like that rock. For some reason I see a camel's face though.

I guess that is better than a camel toe!!

LB2