Trailer Trash

Fuzzy Friday (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

Why fuzzy? Well, it has been 'meet the puppies' week here. Last night's jaunt around the hood ended with meeting a 4 mo springer puppy. Tri-color for you springer nerds. Just beautiful. Today's 6.5 miles ended with running into the corgi puppies again. Had to say 'hello'. Weather's really nice for dog walking, too, I guess.

qotd: Weekend plans? Lots of kid stuff, which is fun, especially knowing we'll have one less next year. Last XC meet for the younger (and still injured) one and carpooling the older one to VA for a Model UN conference. Sunday starts with an 8k nearby and maybe some hiking in the afternoon.

LB2

Overslept again... I did run last night, and I will have to run tonight since I slept late this morning.

QOTD: I'll run this weekend, probably a couple of 10's. Then, I will actually start tapering. I'm pretty much tapering now, but I am not totally resting, although I am getting a lot more sleep.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

very nice 7-ish mile run yesterday evening- temps in the low 70's- shirtless which is pretty rare for mid Oct runs.

Probably strength train this evening.

qotd: deer/elk opener tomorrow; I usually forego opener as it's a wee bit "hectic". I've got a little spot I'm going to hike into in the dark where I can glass several finger ridges where there is some chance hunters might push them; it's an area that is open to cows in addition to bulls, so if the opportunity presents itself, I'll gladly take a cow to fill the freezer 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Open this up and saw the title and wondered how did she know???  As in how did you know that my brain is in a fuzzy fog. Came home from work totally exhausted, fell into bed and died. When I got up it was just taking forever for that "I just woke up fuzziness" to leave.

It's in the 70s so I'm going to head out for a nice bike ride. Probably 30+ miles on the road bike.

Runtrail -  It's nice that you get to meet so many furry, friendly beasts.  When I worked in the city more I'd run into a lot more friendly pooches then I do now. Enjoy the kid stuff. I just realized that this week was the first weekend for high school soccer playoffs in our area. I miss those days.

Warden - Good luck tomorrow.  It's early muzzleloader season here which is doe only. I should be heading out to hunt but the farmer spreading manure kind of messed that up. It was a thick sloppy slurry that they put down on the fields so that will take some time until the deer are back feeding there again. Plus at 76 degrees it's almost a little too warm to hunt.

QOTD:  It's that four letter word thingy for me again .

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I got nothing.  Will take the dog for a short walk after work.

QOTD: Maybe a hike on Saturday.  I doubt I'll be watching the Packers game on Sunday, but it's supposed to rain, so maybe I will tune in for a brief time before it gets too bad. 

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Dumped some good rain last night but not raining in the AM.  I sure hope the Napa area got a lot of rain too!  Ran 7 with the group this morning.  Felt like they were running fast and at 11.10 minute miles I guess we were. 

QOTD:  I am on my own this weekend.  Going to Trails and Ales tonight; a fundraiser for our local trail building group. Chores Saturday and I may go to the Granite Mountain Hotshot movie.  Chris Mackenzie was my friend's son so if I go I will be bawling.   Sunday a longish run on my own and chores the rest of the day.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

No run today. Knee was sore this morning. WTF. It's been good for almost a week, so I was hoping it was healing. More hills yesterday than it wanted.

Run on AT tomorrow around Pine Grove Furnace SP, then going to Furnace Fest. It's a small fall festival with good post run food and music. We like to run and then go walk around.

Service guy for pellet stove never showed yesterday. I waited until 1:00 and had called several times. He was supposed to be there in the morning. I went for run and told them door was unlocked. He never came and when I called they said they'd have to reschedule because they were busy.  ARGH - they gave me the time that they would come, I didn't pick it.   So... went on YouTube and found video on how to check sensor and vacuum pressure. Found the problem in about 10 minutes and all fixed. (Dd - CO sensor never went off, so we're good).  Called the office this morning and told them I was done with them. They tried to apologize, but it was too late. I hate bad customer service!

QOTD:  Run, music and drink. Normal weekend for us.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

3 miles under the stars this morning. It was wonderful. i just love those days when I can sleep in and still go for a run before work, and still get home before it gets dark. I might do a double today and head out later for a nightcap run.

AT: That would make me angry, too. Funny thing, I also had a repairman in yesterday, my toilet had clogged up (actually the sewer line froze up like it always does the first few days of frost, don't know how that happens. When it's winter, it's ok again, unless temps are in the single digits, then it freezes up again, darn thing), and the guy showed up a day later than promised. 

QOTD: Home game of Penn State (vs. Michigan). Work (lots). Hopefully I'll still be able to get in a few short runs.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

I did 4 mi last nite along the Elbe.  Today rented a can and drove about 40 mi south to the middle of nowhere and did a 9 mi hike with friends in a national forest.  We’re spending tonight in a hotel here and will hike another 10 mi tomorrow.  It’s really nice.

qotd: see above, but add that I’ll be driving back up to the airport early Sunday then flying home.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

41.2 lovely miles on the bike. Hopefully I'll be sore tomorrow.

So... went on YouTube and found video on how to check sensor and vacuum pressure. Found the problem in about 10 minutes and all fixed. (Dd - CO sensor never went off, so we're good).  Called the office this morning and told them I was done with them. They tried to apologize, but it was too late. I hate bad customer service!

Way to go AT 👍 🤑. Saved yourself some dollars there. I love YouTube, you can learn a lot on there.