Trailer Trash

Now where's that bird book - Thursdaily (Read 50 times)

Snowdenrun

Morning or afternoon I guess for most of you.

My run yesterday was 6.66 miles which made me laugh a bit. The sun is out for the 4th day in a row. Unheard of! I'll probably only get a shorter run in today to stretch the legs. It's my weekend from work and I'm still really busy.

QOTD- I'm looking forward to spring forward. I don't get off work til 10 so it'll be really nice to see the daylight lasting longer. But overall I think the time change should be done away with. I really don't get the point.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'm eagerly awaiting my Brooks Pure Grit to arrive, they are out for delivery from 

UPS. Maybe a short run later, planning a 20 miler for Sat. morning so no biggie

if I miss today.

QOTD: I adapt to whatever, so DST is no big deal to me. Winter weather, on the

other hand, I'm quite sick of!

skeene07

Dirty Girl

Yoga tonight.

QOTD: I like it!!

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

LB2

Nothing today. I have to work until 8PM.

QOTD: I do not like it. During springtime, my thoughts go beyond running trails to hunting turkeys. I like it to get daylight at 5:45 AM. You get an extra hour before you have to start being somewhere or doing something else. The meeting that was at 9:00 AM is still at 9:00 AM, but when the turkey doesn't fly down until 7 AM instead of 6 AM, it makes it a little more difficult to get something done in the woods. I can run at night, so it isn't an issue for running. I guess if I was scheduling the meetings I could move them back, but I don't schedule them; I am just summoned to be there. I have, however, gotten better at hunting them in the evening. I still don't like it.

LB2

Irish Luck

erbur - must be a pretzel city race this weekend?!?

Believe it or not, no PCS race.  It's a 12 K in Delaware. Xterra used to have a presence out in Chester Co, but the RD stopped them after 2011. There's a new RD and their races are part of Xterra Midatlantic series. 4 out of 5 are in DE, with one being in MD (north of Potomac). I'm excited because the race location is adjacent to an old DuPont estate and is along the Brandywine River.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Believe it or not, no PCS race.  It's a 12 K in Delaware. Xterra used to have a presence out in Chester Co, but the RD stopped them after 2011. There's a new RD and their races are part of Xterra Midatlantic series. 4 out of 5 are in DE, with one being in MD (north of Potomac). I'm excited because the race location is adjacent to an old DuPont estate and is along the Brandywine River.

Cool.  Can you send me a link to a website? thx

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Approximately 18 miles on the mountain today. The first 14 went well, the rest, not so well. Had a ot of GI problems, most likely from not eating enough. The lower elevations are almost snow free but on the north side and above 1700 feet it was a mixture of ice, slush and melting snow. Made for a very slippery run.

FTYC - Hang in there. If my trails are starting to melt yours should soon be starting to clear up to.

Birdwell  - Last year when we went to the Grand Canyon, Arizona's "nonconfomnity" really messed me up. I can see how people from out of state can mess up appointments.

QOTD: Since I'm not a morning person I love it. It's nice to have sunlight later in the day as opposed to 4- 5 am when I'm sleeping.

Easy 3.5 today, in beautiful sunshine, ~50 degrees. If I didn't have a 5k Saturday I think I would have kept running for hours.

qotd: Definitely do not like! Sunrise will move to 7am, and while I like getting up before the sun, 2 hours before feels a little excessive. Being on the eastern edge of the time zone sucks.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

Uh oh... now what?

The whole thing fell apart when I paused to look at an inbound missile frigate. It wasn't the ship. It was the spouts just behind it. Four
                    orcas distracted us for the next who knows how long. We paused to watch them every couple of hundred yards for the next mile or so. We almost always have binoculars when we do this particular section. The running became secondary to the water-bound panda bears. Spring approacheth (if they are residents).  Four eagles, four whales (a 5th?? maybe), one hawk that we could not identify.

And now, being the last one here (10:26 p.m. PST)... could just do Saturday?

Couch: Plenty of time. It isn't even spring yet.

Birdwell: We loved all the Native American "proverbs" we heard while living on the res' in North Dakota.. Nerburn's "Neither Dog Nor Wolf" is full of misdirected good intentions.
                    TnC.. snowboarding through the woods? That is probably stressful enough to be considered cross training.
                    NHurryer... we have heard a pileated, but no sightings yet this year
                    MeanderingMandy... yay for small steps forward
                    erbur78... bike? I pumped up the tires and pedaled around the yard to see if I remembered which lever does what... next week?
                    mtwarden... Montana probably had to switch because of the DEW line.
                    TT--- Marley knows you will rescue her--helps her fearlessness
                    AT-runner... oops, lost my question about the AT, maybe tomorrow
                    boyjame--- pyramid? Sheehan used to say if you don't collapse at the end of each phase you didn't do it hard enough
                    ultratom80... the days are longer because of the seasons turning, not because of a government program
                    Runinaround---rest is feared and underrated by most runners
                    Low_02---surely would like to get down to Jemez Mountain, beautiful place
                    Snowdenrun... DST is to help the... uh... ah yes, the war effort.
                    jonferg67... Good shoe choice.
                    skeene07--...I forgot something
                    LB2.-.-.Have you tried to explain DST to the turkeys (the ones in the office)?
                    Daydreamer1-'-'-..1700 feet? We can't get to 350 on the whole island.
                    lynde.... isn't the eastern edge of a time zone the one where real time is closest to clock time (ignoring political weirdness of the line). Aha? 'Bama is in the western third of the eastern time zone

QOTD: Neither. We enjoy the later sunsets as the sun moves northerly to set over Vancouver Island as spring turns to summer, but we enjoy winter sunrises over the Cascades regardless of the season.

Irish Luck

Cool.  Can you send me a link to a website? thx

You got it! http://www.adventuregeekproductions.com/

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

lynde.... isn't the eastern edge of a time zone the one where real time is closest to clock time (ignoring political weirdness of the line). Aha? 'Bama is in the western third of the eastern time zone

Lol. Time zone always confuse me for no good reason, especially on sleepy afternoons. It is a simple concept. However, after much skull sweat, I have determined that if I lived 30 miles further east, sunrise would be at 8 am after the time change which would be even worse. Apparently, my committee needs to reevaluate my fitness to graduate with a masters in math as I seem to be having difficulty with arithmetic.

I do know that I am in the central time zone. At least I got that part right! Smile

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

Uh oh... now what?

Lol. Time zone always confuse me for no good reason, especially on sleepy afternoons. It is a simple concept. However, after much skull sweat, I have determined that if I lived 30 miles further east, sunrise would be at 8 am after the time change which would be even worse. Apparently, my committee needs to reevaluate my fitness to graduate with a masters in math as I seem to be having difficulty with arithmetic.

I do know that I am in the central time zone. At least I got that part right! Smile

Yuck... total screw-up on my part.  I was looking at the longitude lines, not the time zone lines. 90º is the next time line by longitude, but the eastern/central divider is quite a ways east of the longitude line--partly why your "perceived" time is so far away from clock time.  We are sort of lucky with that, living at 122.7ºW, not far enough west of the line to make any difference... until you notice how far east of us the time zone line is--good old political boundaries over scientific boundaries.

I apologize for making it sound like you were mistaken.