Trailer Trash

Beer me up Scotty - It's Fridailies! (Read 22 times)

NorthernHarrier

Did 17.5 on the roads. Could've done more, should've done more but this road running stuff is kind of mind numbing. I had enough and my mind had checked out and was thinking of what to grab to take up north. But on the butterball theme a conservative guess would be that I saw at least 130 of them on my run. Even in peoples yards off Monroe street near the Arb (for Mandy's reference). Had one grouping of roughly 17 along the shoulder I was running on that had 5 males displaying. They did a bluff charge at me but ended up just hissing as I ran by. I've been charged by singles a number of times but I was badly outnumbered this time if they charged. Actually just another spring day running in and around the Arb.

^ I’d drink another Spotted Cow (or two, maybe even three) if you bring some 

Happy to bring along some Moon Man for you as per Mandy's suggestion. And while Spotted Cow is certainly not my favorite there is no way a pale ale is better.  Not a chance.     BTW--there is a small brew pub in Nederland Co. we can meet up at that Thursday night. 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

4.2 miles with a few spring flowers in view. Spring is about 2 weeks late this year, but at least it’s sunny and warm as long as the icy wind holds off.

Found out that my pace is not really terribly slow, but I am for sure lacking strength. I can see a few strength training sessions in my immediate future to get ready for the steeper, more rugged trails around here, which I used to love.

DS brought home the class pet, a gerbil, for the weekend, and I’ll have to spend either a lot of time and effort to keep him safe from the cats, or $$ on a replacement from petco.   I think I’ll do the effort for the psychological health of my kids, though.

Getting ready for for a night shift at work - football weekend. But I’ll have Saturday and Sunday off, so hopefully I’ll be able to get a few miles in.

QOTD: I drink very little if any beer at all these days, but if, it is usually some special brew, and coordinates with the season. Just hard to find gluten free special beer.

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

there is no way a pale ale is better.  Not a chance.

Now them's fighting words!

Should you really be doing 17 mile road runs with tendonitis, young man? 

Running is dumb.

Prince of Fatness

Nice pic!  And now I know MrFinn's magic word. 

It is Schooleys Mountain, near Hackettstown.  It’s one of the many nice parks in Morris County.

Not at it at all. 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Sue - Good luck tomorrow in the 50k!

MrFinn - Are you trying to tell me I need to expand my dirt playground? 

NH - Nice run!  Even if on mind numbing pavement.  And yeah, not an age issue with the niggles.  Nope, nada, never.  But I'm sorry to say that I'm a little disappointed you didn't get pummeled by a gang of butterballs.  A story like that would have been epic!

Mandy - I hope I didn't just start a beer war.

LB2 - Speaking of butterballs, sorry you didn't get one in OK, but glad you got one for the season.  Any opportunity left for the spring?

Gator - I heard that "beer" is the second most popular word on the internet.  OK, I made that up.

XT - I've known the Schuylkill River by another name.  Glad you didn't experience that one!  Wow, that looked nasty.

I said I was going to do 4 after work.  Drinking a Guinness now, so I'm thinking that might not happen.  Cheers!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Sandy-2

Friday was a SRD for me.  Surprisingly not too hung over. Spent the whole day in airplanes.

Sandy - That pic is too level and clear for you to be buzzed.  Sounds like a great trip!

The trick is to take the photo while on the boat TO the dinner while having a beer, BEFORE the wine starts flowing. 

qotd: Like others have said I like heavier or darker beers when it’s cold. Then lighter (strangely even canned beer) when it’s hotter. I do happen to be stuck on an IPA kick at the moment.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL