Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 28 times)

Sandy-2

For once it isn't me whining about the heat and humidity.  TT I feel your pain.  But at least for this and most likely next summer I get to escape the Texas heat.

qotd: the small running group of ultra guys I used to run with had a saying...  "speed kills".  However sometimes I throw a tempo run or even intervals in the mix, but not often.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

I just got them in the mail last night and they seemed large but I held them up to my Cascadia's and they were actually shorter in length.  Must be the big toe area.  I have yet to run in them though.  Guess I will tomorrow.

Did you get the Runventure?  Let me know how size feels to your other shoes, DW wants to try them out

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I should get my Topo's this week, hopefully tomorrow. I hope size 12 will work. I got lucky and had a friend who ordered size 11.5 but was sent size 12. He was sending them back, but customer service told him to keep them because they did not want shoes that had been worn back. So, I can always get 11.5's if the 12's don't work and not be out for two pair.

LB2

some call me Tim

7 on the home trails today, kinda spongy after last night's epic downpour, but not too bad.

qotd: Depends upon when in the cycle. Most of the time I don't do any. If I feel good I'll do a progression run. Phase 2 of a cycle I'll add in one tempo day. Phase 3 keeps the tempo day and adds some LT stuff, which usually just means float intervals in the middle of a regular run. This is all very loosely adapted from Pfitzinger. I haven't done VO2max work or track workouts in a while, though I think they're a lot of fun. My schedule just doesn't allow for it and the benefits are so small compared to using that time to get more volume and/or crosstraining. I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense for a recreational runner to run intervals in terms of maximizing the available training time.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

ran early and posting late   5-ish mile loop this morning, nice and cool (50F)- however we are in for a shitstorm of bad (hot) weather- they are talking breaking all existing records for a week or more- 100's for a full week!  WTF?  

qotd: no speed work, no speed - I do get a lot of elevation work in though, no need for hill repeats as all of my loops have ample gain

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I saw they have a first time policy that if your sizing doesn't work they would replace them for you.  And yes AT-runner I did get the run venture.  I'll let you know.

I should get my Topo's this week, hopefully tomorrow. I hope size 12 will work. I got lucky and had a friend who ordered size 11.5 but was sent size 12. He was sending them back, but customer service told him to keep them because they did not want shoes that had been worn back. So, I can always get 11.5's if the 12's don't work and not be out for two pair.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

ummm don't you live in Montana???  WTF!!!

ran early and posting late   5-ish mile loop this morning, nice and cool (50F)- however we are in for a shitstorm of bad (hot) weather- they are talking breaking all existing records for a week or more- 100's for a full week!  WTF?  

qotd: no speed work, no speed - I do get a lot of elevation work in though, no need for hill repeats as all of my loops have ample gain

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄