Trailer Trash

R2R2R October 2014 (Read 83 times)

Birdwell

I'm tentatively planning on another attempt this coming October (2013).

most likely on a Friday towards the beginning of the month.

I'll figure out days as it gets closer.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

AK also did a recent R2R2R, thought he might have had a shot at the FKT, but it wasn't to be

http://blog.ultimatedirection.com/road-trip/#more-854

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'm tentatively planning on another attempt this coming October (2013).

most likely on a Friday towards the beginning of the month.

I'll figure out days as it gets closer.

let me know when you set a date if you don't mind, we're (group that I ran it w/ last year) is thinking about giving it another go (also thinking about Zion which we haven't done yet) this October

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Birdwell

let me know when you set a date if you don't mind, we're (group that I ran it w/ last year) is thinking about giving it another go (also thinking about Zion which we haven't done yet) this October

The tentative goal is mid october, though that could move to late October or even early november. I'll keep you in mind.

Any idea about your time frame for the Zion one though? I ran a section I hadn't been on before last weekend (the first or last 7 miles, depending on which way you go), and it has me really excited about the whole thing.

I could be very interested in doing this in Oct 2014, depending on how my first 50 goes this fall. It's always been on my list

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

The tentative goal is mid october, though that could move to late October or even early november. I'll keep you in mind.

Any idea about your time frame for the Zion one though? I ran a section I hadn't been on before last weekend (the first or last 7 miles, depending on which way you go), and it has me really excited about the whole thing.

roughly October- it'll be one or the other, definitely not both Smile  nothing is set in stone, but a couple of guys couldn't make the Joshua Tree run that were at the previous Grand Canyon run, so they're wanting to do something- now we need to decide what Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Some day...

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

runfastandie

Bumping this up.  Looks like October 10/12 weekend 2014. The north rim hotel shuts down on the 16th and we have a few that want to run south to north this year.

Hotel and phantom ranch reservations open up October 1st 7AM mountain time. I'll be shooting for Kuchina Lodge at the south rim.  There are less expensive accommodations. My current plan is to go  rim to rim to rim however I'm 6 months in and still trying to recover the Achilles (I'm barely at 13 miles a week zero hills).  If I'm not able to get my mileage up a year from now my plan is to do south rim to about 2 miles north of phantom ranch and back up.  Rim to rim was horrendous logistics last year and I'm happy to go down and up the south side.

It would be great fun to have more folks out there if this is a goal of yours.  I'll hopefully have my kids and grandma :-)

If you are at all thinking about it, I highly encourage you to make a reservation. You can always cancel but don't count on getting a reservation later.

Andie