Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 16 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got a nice run in this morning (a little tough getting up at 4:30 though); it;s going to be hot here today upper 80's and wanted to get my run in before hand- 49 degrees when I got to the trailhead 

qotd: do you get any exercise at your work?  I work at a pretty big courthouse and get ~ 40 flights of stairs in a day and probably a couple of miles walking- it's in shorter stints so nothing overly taxing to be sure.  My old job as a game warden it was feast or famine as far as exercise; sometime sitting/bouncing in a pickup all day or getting in a 20 + mile patrol in the backcountry.  My old, old job- logging was very physically demanding- earned every penny on that job!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

Lazy old rest day

QOTD: I use to have a desk job now I'm back to working the floor, lots of walking, climbing, lifting. According to a borrowed fit bit I walk around 4 to 5 miles a day during a 10 hour shift. More physical work, less money but way less stress and worry. Best career move I've ever made

AT-runner

Tim

Got up for an early run only to find heavy thunderstorms outside. Went back to bed.  Now waiting for next wave to pass. Don't want to get caught in another storm like I did on Tuesday. We've had our share of bad storms this year including one with hail on Tuesday evening.

QOTD: My office is pretty large and I walk between rooms all day long. Not sure how much I walk, but I'm up on my feet moving most of the time.  DW says I should wear her Fit Bit to track my steps, but haven't done that.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Got out of work late again as is usual recently. Going to take a nap and hopefully I can get up in time to get in a short run before heading back in tonight. Looking at either my 4.5 mile loop or the 6.3 mile depending on time. Probably work on speed.

QOTD: Very little. Sometimes I'll just walk in circles in the parking lot to get some exercise in. When I was working in the city I got a lot more. There it's more likely that you'll have to climb steps in the apartment buildings, carry people out of the house etc.  There's a reason most EMT's and Medics are very fat.  Still, it's more physically demanding then my last career, which was truck driving. The reason I left that field was due to what the physical inactivity was doing to me.

muppy

15.9 miles on the State game lands trails in Mount Gretna yesterday.

QOTD  I do, I just got done mowing my putting green at work,  that is a 3 mile walk at a fast pace.  Yesterday after my run I went and weed whacked  the fenceline at my aunts farm for four hours straight.  I have a side business doing landscaping on my days off work so I get plenty of exercise.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

6 and change this morning with the mutts.  I saw this yesterday but will mention today...two little deer.  At first I thought they were Jack rabbits because their ears were so big.  They were the cutest things.  So tiny and I swear their heads were a little bigger than my fist and their ears were at least 9 inches...and the sweetest little faces.  No mommy that I saw.  and than they were gone.

QOTD:  Warden you OK?  I know we repeat questions but I swear we had this one last week.    the answer is still no.  I have spent the last 28 years sitting on my ass!!  I always tell my husband my ass looks pretty good for having sat on it for 28 years.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

I think the plan this evening is a 4 mile walk with the Lady at French Creek with a few jogging intervals.

QOTD: Nope. Well I do go up and down stairs to refill my coffee cup in the morning, and for ice water and snacks.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Got out between the storms. Was muggy and warm, and the bugs were all over me, but ran 8 miles on some of the Pine Grove Furnace State Park trails. Had a big dog jump on me and by the time the owner got to me he was like "oh he won't harm you".  I guess the blood dripping down my arm doesn't count as being hurt.

Starting to get windy and dark now, so finished just in time.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Queen- I posted that question a couple of days ago, but AT beat me to the punch on the daily; you probably read it there

nothing wrong with sitting on your ass, as long as looks good 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I got up and ran 5 miles a little faster than they felt. I did sort of a tempo run on Tuesday. It was more like a fartlek, just playing with paces. I ran the same route today at what I thought was a quite leisurely and measured pace and ended up finishing 1 second faster than the run that was supposed to be a little faster.

QOTD: No. I am pretty much at a desk all day, which is why I am far more likely to post here on on FB during the day. I'll take a mental break and read/post. When I am home, I rarely look at the computer.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

short run and workout at the gym last night. I will get out tonight for something - hopefully part of which is getting DS1 out - he is slacking big time.  I told him I am not walking a 5k.  We are supposed to run one July 23rd.

QOTD: I sit, all day, and all day, I sit.  I cannot change careers just to change that.  I purposely will print things to the copy machine furthest from my office so I can walk but that still isn't very far.  I used to take walk break in the parking lot, but not much anymore.  I wish we had a shower here at work, I would do some miles at lunch just to get in something.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Forecasted high for the day was 72F, but when I got back from my run the thermometer read 79F. Between that and my legs still aren't recovered, it was a slow 6.4 miles.

QOTD: I generally work 4 or 5 hour shifts 2-4 times a week, but I'm on my feet the entire shift. Depending on how busy the store is, I maybe walking a lot or hardly at all. Once in a while I get to run up and down the escalator.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Daydreamer1

Had a big dog jump on me and by the time the owner got to me he was like "oh he won't harm you".  I guess the blood dripping down my arm doesn't count as being hurt.

That's not good at all. Hopefully it was just scratches and not a bite. That being said it's still inexcusable. Not sure what's going on with dogs these days. Seems like most people no longer see the need to train, socialize, discipline and control them.  It's why I now always carry something to protect myself.

Ran into an old friend up on the mountain a couple of weeks ago. She had her pooch with her. Well behaved. No problems with it jumping up or nipping, Just wanted to explore and be petted.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Had an interesting dog encounter at the water fountain at a local park. Dog ran up, sat right in front of me and waited to be petted. A minute later her owner, a runner, shows up. Obviously a friendly dog, but I now I wonder what the dog would have done if I'd been running and not at the water fountain.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Had a big dog jump on me and by the time the owner got to me he was like "oh he won't harm you".  I guess the blood dripping down my arm doesn't count as being hurt.

Maybe you should have wiped the blood off your arm on the guys shirt.....

SRD today, it's Friday !!!!   (I ended up doing a bike session (then a quick shower) between work and the business dinner last night.)

qotd: No, I sit at a desk all day.  But I do get up and walk around a lot.  I also like visiting the shipyards and crawling around on the ships or in the construction blocks.  That's fun, but I don't get to do it too often, maybe I should move from the technical side to the inspection side of my company.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL