Trailer Trash

DBDR Saturdays (Read 30 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks! no running yet for me, I plan to hit my favorite offroad loop (7 miles or so) later this morning.

Had to get 80 pounds of pork butts ready for a little party tonight.

QOTD: Socks! What you got?

I've been a smartwool snob since I started running. However I was recently convinced to try a pair of Swiftwicks, and holy cow! They are nice.

I may be converting.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's raining in California...when it rains..man it pours!  That's why I am not running today...aka I am a pussy and have long run scheduled tomorrow anyways.  Hoping the grumpy old man wants to do movies and lunch.

Birdwell:  I knew I took to long composing my Dailies.  You won by 7 minutes.  Joking  PS.  When does the party start?  We are all invited right?

QOTD:  I like my smart wools too.  I buy the thick ones because I think the padding helps save my toenails (this coming from someone who is currently missing 3 nails ((one nail was  from walking barefoot)).  The top boxes are big though but never a problem.  I don't get blister up to 31 miles (furthest run).

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

9 trail miles with Jo this morning. When I got to the trail, there was a sign announcing the trail was closed for a race. I was temporarily bummed, then realized I didn't give a shit about the sign and went for the run anyway.

QOTD: I use a wide range of socks for most of my running but I will only use Injinji socks for 100's.

Birdwell

It's raining in California...when it rains..man it pours!  That's why I am not running today...aka I am a pussy and have long run scheduled tomorrow anyways.  Hoping the grumpy old man wants to do movies and lunch.

Birdwell:  I knew I took to long composing my Dailies.  You won by 7 minutes.  Joking  PS.  When does the party start?  We are all invited right?

QOTD:  I like my smart wools too.  I buy the thick ones because I think the padding helps save my toenails (this coming from someone who is currently missing 3 nails ((one nail was  from walking barefoot)).  The top boxes are big though but never a problem.  I don't get blister up to 31 miles (furthest run).

food is being served at 6 p.m., main course provided, bring a side to share. 

p.s. I will deliver to outlying areas to get out of the party early Wink.

moonlightrunner

Working...not sure when or how long the run will be.

qotd: socks? People wear socks? Really?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

Some very nice single track from our run this morning. Fall is coming to the Wasatch.

Sandy-2

Very soggy around here this morning.  I think between yesterday and last night we got about 3" of rain.  We needed it.  That means this morning's run was a very soggy and humid affair.  We got rained on this morning, but not too much. The good news, it was only 72 deg.

Did 20 miles.  It felt great to finally stretch it out a bit after taking some lite weeks.  We took it slow but then finished the last 4 or 5 miles with the fastest pace of the day, still not all that fast though Wink .

qotd: I run in thin Asics socks, kind of drymax-type things.  They do have some soft cushiony parts on the bottom (heel and ball of the foot).  They are good for drainage and it doesn't bother me when my feet are wet.  With all the sweating we do down here even during droughts with no water in sight our feet are always wet.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Afternoon, Working, too. Planning on a rain run later, perhaps Ican convince myself to test my gear in a downpour. QOTD: drymax trail sox, adidas supernova, and wright sox. I like the supernovas best for rain, but they can get too cold in wind that just blows through my shoes.

Run for fun.

DigDug2

SRD for me - 23 last night, last long run before marathon in a couple weeks.  Picked myself a pretty boring route, but it was nice that it got cooler during the run.

QOTD:  not really picky about my socks - Nikes, Smartwool, "Feetures" (picked up from LRS), Adidas.

Wandering Wally

Been resting a chest cold the last couple of days.  Hoping to get out this afternoon for 7 miles or so.

QOTD - Asics, Smartwool, UnderArmour, and some others I can't remember.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

jonferg67

Endless trails

26 mile training run on technical trails, I feel like kind of a badass.

QOTD: Trails: Drymax trail runners, black of course. Roads: NB somethings.

sugnim

Happy Saturday trailers.  I have no idea how many miles I ran this morning.  I left all of my gadgets at home and just went for a run in the hills with my dog for 3 and a half hours.  It was great.

QOTD:  I have all kinds of socks.  Most of them were freebies.  Today I wore a pair of Patagonia trail running socks that I got at some event.

runtraildc

just a quick 4.5 miles with the XC boys (DS and his friend) fit in between errands and cleaning.  Raining now, making me wish I could get out again.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.

qotd:  lots of different socks, but my goto socks for harder, longer runs are always smartwool.  I usually get them on sale, or as 'seconds' from sierra trading, so I stock up when I find them.  I'm seeing DS now stealing them...

15 miles today... last half in a downpour.  Wheee.  I hope we actually get some rain this winter.  Going to put some new shoes into the rotation tomorrow since current pairs are both approaching 500 miles and that's when I usually put them out to pasture.  Exciting stuff.

QOTD: Wright socks and Asics.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

still fighting a cold Sad  the weather has been perfect the last four days (cool and sunny) and I've got a total of 0 miles in

qotd: Darn Tough, I tried a lot of different socks and now it's all I'll buy- mostly they are the ultralight 1/4 merino ones, but I've got several other different weights (and a few of their coolmax ones)  I've used their lifetime warranty 3-4 times over the last five years, they've always replaced the ones I've sent in

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √