Trailer Trash

Winter again? Thursdaily (Read 35 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I admit that I cannot fix a lot of things but I still try.  Hmmm...I guess that's kid of the same thing.    Thank God I have a father that was an electrical engineer for 40+ years.  Now the plumbing stuff....that's a different story.  

Isn't that a guy trait, "Hey, honey, I can fix that!" ... 

Nothing more dangerous to marital bliss than that one sentence.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

moonlightrunner

Planning a hopefully longer 8-10 miler tonight. It is warm and rainy. It Wii be good.

Qotd: There are trails here...just not very many. Other than that there is little to complain about.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Another crappy weather day, so decided to take the day off. The next 4 days are supposed to be very pleasant.

QOTD: The winters are too cold and...and...and wintry. Trails are also inconvenient to get to. Being on the East Coast, travel expenses to the the Mountain and West Coast races is expensive, except to LV.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

XtremeTaper

No winter here. I am down in sunny FL. Temps around 85+ today. Yes, I love the heat.

This morning I ran about 5 miles at Whispering Pines park, the site of my 12 hour run this weekend. Warm and toasty but it felt good.

This is day 3 of my acclimation to the heat. Thankful that my race this weekend will be almost completely in the shade of the forest. Goal is 100K.

QOTD: winter and deerflies!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

XtremeTaper

QOTD: The winters are too cold and...and...and wintry. Trails are also inconvenient to get to. Being on the East Coast, travel expenses to the the Mountain and West Coast races is expensive, except to LV.

? There are plenty of trails and mountains in the east. We have the Appalachians you know near SE PA!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi last night (Thurs) on the little hill.  Temps in the upper 40's so no winter here.  Today (Fri) is a SRD. I'm planning a nice long run in the big hills tomorrow.

qotd (yesterday): I normally do my own taxes (with Tax Cut).  Now that I live overseas one of the benefits is my company hires a firm to do the international taxes (have to file in both countries). I have filled out all of their forms and they are in the process of filing. I usually wind up about even (+/- 100 to 200 bucks). It's complicated but the company figures out my US tax burden as if I was still in the US on my 'normal salary' and then any additional taxes that have to be paid over that, they take care of (my salary is totally inflated because of all the stuff they pay for here gets reported as 'income').

qotd (today): it is crowded in the city here as compared to the burbs back in the US.  Getting away from the masses by running the trails is a big plus though.  Plus it can be very expensive here if you try to eat only 'western style' stuff like back home.  You can get western stuff here, but it can be about double the price of back home.  Maybe I'll take a photo of the prices at the meat counter some day, it can be shocking.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

some call me Tim

A beauty of a day here... 60 degrees, no wind and light rain. Just a nice muddy 3 for me.. didn't want to tear up the trail too much, but I couldn't resist getting out there.

qotd: maybe 4 months of really nice weather

AT-runner

Tim

Late to the party today.  Ran 4 easy miles in light drizzle.  Then did cross training by putting down a new floor wood in our mud room.  It matches the kitchen now, so DW is happy.

XT - good luck this weekend with the 12hr.  100k sounds very doable based on your winter training.

QOTD:  Tourists.  I'll skip all of my favorite restaurants from May to August while the Tourons are in town.  Usually end up driving 15 miles to Chambersburg, PA to do all of our shopping instead of the 6 to downtown Gettysburg due to traffic.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Qotd:  the summer heat and humidity.   I've gotten acclimated over the years, but my ideal climate never gets over 78*.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

gorgeous day here, but a SRD for me

qotd: the fact that we have no sales tax; tourism has over taken agricultural as our number one industry and we could have lower (or no- like Wyoming) income tax and lower property tax, BUT most folks are against a sales tax (have been for generations) for fear that the "government" would spend the additional monies  

There have been some valiant efforts made with bills that would have directly tied the increase revenue from sales tax to lower income and property tax, but sadly we have a lot of uneducated folks who don't realize we'll continue to pay high income/property taxes w/o tapping our number one industry

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

? There are plenty of trails and mountains in the east. We have the Appalachians you know near SE PA!

Sorry but an hour plus drive to get to a trail to train on is not my idea of close. Basically I have VF NP and Ridley Creek SP.  Hibernia and French Creek are stretching my limits.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.