Trailer Trash

Stereotypes (Read 67 times)

dpc3

Since we have been on the stereotype kick lately, lets have some fun. Today while out running the bike paths around D.C. I started running with this fella and I immediately looked at him and said what are you training for knowing it was a Triathlon because of what he was wearing. He said Amsterdam and then said how about yourself. I told him nothing specific right now but I run Ultra's, he proceeded to say oh nice I should have figured all you guys have beards.

What are some trail runner stereotypes, have some fun with this.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

All male ultrarunners from Oregon run nearly naked and look like Jesus , the women don't look like Jesus but do run nearly naked .

We all wear bandanas and eat weird hippy food on runs...

Wait a second. I am a trail runner stereotype! Haha. I laughed at the beard comment though.

sugnim

Trail runners drink lots of beer, even while running.  I don't drink at all, but really, most of the people I know who run trails love beer.  I've never been offered beer at a trail race aid station, but I have been offered tequila, whiskey, and vodka.

Birdwell

Trail runners drink lots of beer, even while running.  I don't drink at all, but really, most of the people I know who run trails love beer.  I've never been offered beer at a trail race aid station, but I have been offered tequila, whiskey, and vodka.

+1

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

In my area, only the road runners run nearly naked. Trail runners wear their oldest gear, never anything matching.

Trail runners wear crew socks. Never knee-highs, never no-shows.

They usually drive older, smaller cars. The SUV's are the mountainbikers'.

Trail runners park at the ski resort's parking lot (quarter mile run on a paved road to the start of the first trail - I think we enjoy running on a "safe" surface for a bit, after a long trail run on terribly rocky, rooty terrain). Hikers and mountain bikers park at the trailhead (designated parking lot for hikers etc.).

Run for fun.

Ultra Cowboy

Tamalpa (Marin County) Trail runner women have the best legs.  (said by a female trail runner).

short sleeve collared shirts are the new hot trail runner's tech shirt.

Bandanna around the neck is a trail runner

I see the beard thing...

WYBMADIITY

Save

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Oregon  , the women don't look like Jesus but do run nearly naked .

OK- Oregon has moved way up on my places to run Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Trail Monster

Here in PA I see tons of Jeeps at trail runs. Gas-saver compacts are second.

beer is the carb and hydration of choice.

if you don't come out dirty or bleeding you're doing something wrong.

we have uglier feet than road runners

our shorts actually cover some of our nether regions

running with a backpack is not laughed at on the trails, even in the shorter races

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

skeene07

Dirty Girl

That they all poop in the woods.

-that's not true, right?!

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!