Trailer Trash

flowerzis (Read 49 times)

Uh oh... now what?

fluers

fleurs II

Happy two weeks until spring.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Any sort of flower, or seed that will become a flower, is buried deep under the fluffy white stuff here.  I saw flowers on an urban trail in Philadelphia over the weekend.  I am very ready for spring and all it entails.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I second Spring!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Why do those pictures look so out of place?

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
          FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Oh yes, I remember those. Long time no see...

Run for fun.

Uh oh... now what?

Why do those pictures look so out of place?

Uh... because the flowers are on the north side of the house?

Uh... because the flowers are on the north side of the house?

Maybe I should have said timewise. Wink

Iditarod started Sunday. Iditarod Trail Invitational 350 finished yesterday with all 48 racers completing it, and about half a dozen continuing on toward Nome for the 1000mi version. This is incredible. Records for men's and women's bike and women's foot divisions. And the men's foot division got within about 4-5 hrs of a record that was thought to be untouchable. Last year snowstorms encouraged a large percentage to drop before they'd gotten very far (expensive to get back from bush Alaska, so stop while retreat is cheap). We're getting warm temperatures but praying it stays cold another week and doesn't rain, rather than snow. Rain is not good in winter races because of overflow issues. Runs are still in Kahtoolas.

Yellow flowers and green leaves just don't seem to fit this picture.

Maybe in a couple weeks after everyone - dogs and people - are safely in Nome and have travelled home again. I'm also not done my winter projects yet.

Actually I saw two eagles near the nest in January - either sitting on it (either centered or on edge - couldn't tell for sure) or in adjacent tree. Weird year temperaturewise (warm). Haven't seen them since.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Funny. I am not looking forward to spring. For me, in Alabama, winter is the season when running is awesome. Once spring hits, I start to feel like Frodo running through the tunnel with the giant spider, and the sticks that startle me because they look like snakes actually are snakes. Then there is the painful process of re-adapting to the heat and humidity. But winter has been nearly perfect most days.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D