Trailer Trash

Hardrock Fridaily (Read 36 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Here is a link to follow the Hardrock 100

Sandy (Gary) Horn is #141

Chris Gerber is #45

Ran 8 miles around Marsh Creek SP yesterday with DW.  Then we went to Longwood Gardens and walked 4-5 more miles.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

5 this a.m. on roads.  Trying to take it easy, ice my achilles regularly and recover without taking a break from running.

Looking forward to following Hardrock - how are the conditions?

The pooch and I had yet another great 6 mile trail run. The frequent storms blow down more trees and branches every day lately.

QOTD:  The other day someone mentioned that they see more wildlife than people on their runs.  How much wildlife do you see?

I typically see more deer than people.  We also see squirrels, chipmunks, possums, beavers, groundhogs, raccoon, foxes,  eagles, and lots of other birds including a lot of waterfowl and the occasional turkey.  There are probably quite a few other critters that don't come to mind at the moment.

I find it kind of remarkable since I live so near a major city.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

DigDug2

QOTD:  Basically, suburban New England wildlife - lots of deer, turkey, hawks, small mammals, waterfowl, etc.

AT-runner

Tim

The frequent storms blow down more trees and branches every day lately.

QOTD:  The other day someone mentioned that they see more wildlife than people on their runs.  How much wildlife do you see?

Spent 7 hours on Wednesday with DW and 2 paid helpers cleaning up our yard from tree damage.  They confirmed it was a small twister that hit our area, so now get I to fight with State Farm over who is paying for clean-up bill and to replace our gas grill and patio furniture.  One of our patio chairs was over 200 yards from the back deck.

QOTD:  Deer and turkeys are what I primarily see.  I've only seen 2 snakes this year (which is very low for me) and neither were poisonous.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Thanks AT for the Hardrock reminder...that'll get me through the work day nicely!

Not planning on running much/at all today...probably just taking it easy, maybe a spin on the bike.

QOTD: The trail I run is 1-13 miles from NYC (on the Jersey side).  I frequently see deer, squirrels, chipmunks, geese, ducks, turkey, hawks.  I have seen a coyote, bald eagle, northern harrier (maybe 15' away...closest I've ever been to a bird that size!), occasional snakes.  I usually see more people than wildlife, but I can avoid that depending on where I'm at.

**Ask me about streaking**

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Lots of fun stuff to track this weekend - I know people at both Hardrock and Vol State.

I've been doing little bits and pieces of running lately.  PT has me at 90 seconds right now.  Woo hoo.    Bike commute to work today though.

QOTD: Depends on where I am.  Some places have more wildlife than others.  The other day I saw a pair of raccoons, which is unusual.  Normally those little guys like to hide.  Bella scared up a flock of baby turkeys the other day.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Had a nice jog in the rain last night.  Today, I'll get to the gym for some strength training, and maybe a row...

qotd:  usually far more people than critters, but I live in a city so that is to be expected. The wildest thing usually around here (beyond the deer, fox and raccoons)  are the owl attacks on the bike trail.  Saw some giant bullfrog tadpoles last week in Maine, that was new for me.

AT-runner

Tim

Forgot to mention, if you scroll down to the bottom of the Hardrock Link, you'll see the Live Twitter Update Feed.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

PT has me at 90 seconds right now.  Woo hoo.   

Thats a 200% increase...you're getting close!

**Ask me about streaking**

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Just leaving work, and getting ready to take my kids to the local arts festival - kids from DS's electric guitar class will be playing on stage - that's my hardrock for the weekend (but I'll be following Chris Gerber and Sandy).

No run so far today, maybe later in the evening.

Mandy: Baby step, but progress still!

QOTD: it depends on the season, what is out and about. In winter, it is deer, rabbits, and smaller birds, some woodpeckers, and turkeys. In summer, it is mostly chipmunks, small and large birds, like owl, eagles, and hawks, or geese and ducks, then groundhogs, frogs, salamanders, and snakes (mostly rattlesnakes, but also Garter snakes, brown snakes, water snakes, red-bellied snakes), and different types of turtles. Oh, and sometimes bear, I forgot.

Surprisingly, barely any squirrels at all. In the night I also see racoons, porcupines, and mice and voles. Sometimes I have to watch closely not to step on the smaller critters.

Run for fun.

Snowdenrun

3.5 yesterday. Undetermined if any run today. Buying a boat later!

QOTD: Depends on how deep into the trails I get. Usually I don't see a lot of people anyways since I run in the middle of the day. But I tend to see deer, ravens, eagles, tons of little birds, squirrels, salmon spawning, and the occasional bear. And mosquitoes, lots and lots of mosquitoes.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 6 uneventful miles this morning...felt sluggish..was it the wine or the slight dinner of wine and a slice of bed.  Doesn't really matter. 

QOTD:  Not too much. Deer one a week, coyote 4 times a year, bear once, cougar once 6 years ago...snakes couple a year, losts of squirrels, oh saw a river otter once, Oh yea..Turkeys ..few a month.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

No run for me today. I ran a fast (for me) 9 last night. I am meeting my new run buddy at 0500 and we are driving a couple of hours to the state park where our sept race is (me a 50k herthe 50mile). 17 is pretty long for me, bit iI will do the best I can. Then hoping to do a flat 10 on Sunday.

I bought an Osprey Rev 6 today. I wanted something to carry stuff in and for hydration on my longer runs. I will try it out tomorrow.

Qotd: I see quite a lit of wildlife. Coyotes pretty close up sometimes, turkeys, little varmints, some awesome birds (piliated woodpeckers, scarlet taninger, deer (lots of those) skunks 

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k