Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 6 out and back miles on a logging road. Was lightly raining and 38°.  I was very happy to see the car as my fingers were pretty cold.

QOTD:  (Got this from my sister, who works in Human Resources. She says this is one of her favorite interview questions.) Money is no object and you get to pick a new hobby, what would it be?  I'd learn to fly a glider. There's a glider park nearby and I always love seeing them soar.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

12.5 miles on a beautiful fall day!

QOTD I would travel the world, the two places I really wanna go to are the wilds of Alaska and Egypt to tour the pyramids.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hi!  I'm tired of Wisconsin weather already and it's not even winter yet.  Where's NorthernHarrier been?  I need someone to commiserate with.

QOTD: A hobby, eh?  Hmmmmm.  Ummmmm.  I do most everything I want to do already.  Can my new hobby be purchasing stocks?  Or researching how to get myself some new injury free legs?

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My little friend met me this morning with her stepdog (she broke up with her boyfriend and has visitations with the doggy.  I asked her if she would have left Cory earlier if isn't wasn't for Jax.  she said yes.)   and my two knuckle heads for a wee bit over 5 run.  Dumped most of the night but stopped for our run.  We did see a cat that had his bones ripped out so it looked like the skin of his legs were inside out.

QOTD:  I'd go to exotic places and learn how to surf.  Loved bogie boarding.  Don't want to learn in the cold though.

AT:  We ask a similar question but If money wasn't a issue what would you do for 6 months.  Some crazy answers like continue working or going to school.  ...They didn't get hired we wanted someone fun.

Muppy:  I guess traveling is a hobby...

Mandy: There always knitting.

GC 100K:  From yesterdays QOTD...my friend ran until her husband found out she was fast. He starting pushing and "coaching" her so she quit.  Tread lightly

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Got some yoga done and will run a short loop during swim practice this afternoon.  Not a terilbly exciting day.  Looking forward to Saturday and helping at an AS for Stone Mill. The start temps will be in the 20s.  Jamie, Couch-- don't you wish you were running again?

qotd: I'd take a bunch of running vacations. Well, actually, one really long one.  Traveling IS a hobby, especially if $ were no object. Patagonia, Antarctica, the Galapagos, Hawaii (the less populated islands), Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Scandinavia (especially Norway) and then the UK. Maybe Greece and Portugal tied in there. There's some african countries I'd like to go (especially the Congo), but safety concerns are keeping those of the list. Or maybe that's the second trip which includes Madagascar, South Africa, Kenya, Australia and New Zealand.

adkkev

QOTD I would travel the world, the two places I really wanna go to are the wilds of Alaska and Egypt to tour the pyramids.

Something like this?  https://iditasportalaska.com/  or maybe this?  http://wm100.endurancenorth.org/  or this?  http://www.susitna100.com/

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

You people!  Traveling doesn't count as a hobby!  Get more creative. 

Sue -- fuck knitting!

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Gym stuff last night, and plan is to get out for a few miles of trail jogging with the Lady before darkness falls.

QOTD: Well, assume a new hobby is something I don't currently do, and I agree with Mandy that travelling is not a hobby. Scuba diving comes to mind. I've done some xtreme snorkeling before but diving seems to be the next step up. Seemed like it would be a money pit. However, with all the money in the world I could have a private yacht and crew to take me to all the best dive sites at my leisure.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Cold, rainy, wet, miserable day and I'm also stuck at work at half staffing so I'm the only medic for 24 hours in a area that covers about 250+ square miles .  Yea, I'm kind of being a whiny little bitch but some days you just gotta be that way .  Oh yea, I'm already tired and have a headache .

No running today for the above cited reason.

QOTD: (The only reason I posted).  For the purpose of the interview I'd probably pick skydiving. Something that I've always wanted to do but the time and cost is prohibitive.  In reality it would come down to a choice between fixing up old properties or restoring older vehicles.  I can see that after I would do the skydiving thing for a few years it would get old, whereas the other two things I could do as I get old myself.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's cold where you live...you would benefit from knitting. 

Sue -- fuck knitting!

GC100k

GC 100K:  From yesterdays QOTD...my friend ran until her husband found out she was fast. He starting pushing and "coaching" her so she quit.  Tread lightly

She did enter one race with me and it was not a good thing. Our office had a group do a Race For The Cure. I told her before the race that when the gun went off I was going to go as hard as I could and my goal was to beat my boss. I did exactly that. She was so angry with me. She just wanted to jog casually and talk.

One time I pointed to the results of a local race and pointed out that she could win her age division. She got interested and said she might race and then asked "what do you win?". I told her a ribbon, sometimes a watermelon (small local races). She said "let me get this straight: you pay money and all you can win is something worth less than what you paid?". Not interested. And she doesn't really understand why you'd enter a race you have no hope of winning. She is very competitive and was a college basketball player (she could dunk back in the day) and jogging doesn't really register as a competitive sport with her.

Today's QOTD: I travel to a lot of exotic tropical places for work. If I had money, I'd take my wife along.

I also play guitar. If I had money, I'd probably have a lot of guitars.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Globe trotting?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hey GC100k!  I remember you from RWOL.  Good to see you around here.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I was jogging with my husband and he keep saying don't wait for me.  They whole point of running together is to talk!!!

. She just wanted to jog casually and talk.

Sandy-2

Took a SRD today.

qotd: a hobby, travel doesn’t count and money’s no object? Ok then, collect cars.

tbd.